Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the trigger or a real bfp

Options
  • 21-05-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi

Please could someone advise me or help, my mind is going absoutely crazy. We done a medicated cycle this month and I triggered with Ovridel 250mcg on Monday 13th May, out of curiosity I done a first response hpt this morning and there is a really faint positive result. Could this be the trigger or is my dreams of becoming a mum again a possibility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭jo2509

I'll be honest i know nothing about the effects of medication on home pregnancy tests, but i hope you get the result you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

jo2509 wrote: »
    I'll be honest i know nothing about the effects of medication on home pregnancy tests, but i hope you get the result you want!

Thanks very much, xxx really hope so myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey elaine,
    Again not super positive on the effects of that medication but seems pretty early for a bfp if ov'd on the 13th. Try another early next week! Everything crossed for you x

javagal wrote: »
    Hey elaine,
    Again not super positive on the effects of that medication but seems pretty early for a bfp if ov'd on the 13th. Try another early next week! Everything crossed for you x

Yeah I'm going to re test at the wkend. I never ever have regular 28 day cycles. My last bfp's have always shown up alot earlier due to my irregular cycles. But I know this month the Ovridel could be playing with it this month and I hope it is showing the faint positive for all the right reasons but something is telling me my heart will be torn xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've just checked my old posts, when I was on triggers I got my positive 16 days after taking the trigger shot, on CD28

The nurse confirmed the hormones would be fully out of the system usually by about days 11 or 12 but they advise at least 14 days to be sure. You are just about the 11 or 12 days past the shot so it may be either.

I've my fingers crossed for you though.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    I've just checked my old posts, when I was on triggers I got my positive 16 days after taking the trigger shot, on CD28

The nurse confirmed the hormones would be fully out of the system usually by about days 11 or 12 but they advise at least 14 days to be sure. You are just about the 11 or 12 days past the shot so it may be either.

I've my fingers crossed for you though.

Awww thank you very much, I just re done a first response test this morning and it is negative so I kno any hcg that was from the trigger is definitely gone. I'm afraid now that it is a real BFN cause we are trying to conceive for so long.

Could I ask did you have any bfn's on first response before getting your bfp.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I didn't actually test until I knew I was 14dpo (16dpt) because I was terrified of getting my hopes up and then dashed.

But I think I have heard of getting the negative based on the fading trigger then a positive afterwards.

Neyite wrote: »
    I didn't actually test until I knew I was 14dpo (16dpt) because I was terrified of getting my hopes up and then dashed.

But I think I have heard of getting the negative based on the fading trigger then a positive afterwards.

Thanks a mill, I think will wait until Sunday or Monday to do a 're test if AF hasn't arrived by then.

It's just so frustrating to see a positive but knowing it is from the trigger. I'm really praying for a real BFP xxx

Advertisement