Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driveway and front wall - Planning required

• 21-05-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hi

Do i need planning to change my front driveway and front wall.
    I live in a semi D in an estate. Current front of house is 70% grass with room for 1 car in driveway.

We would like to tarmac all and widen the opening of the driveway to make it easier to drive in and out.

On our road in easte many houses have done many different things, knock wall completely , tarmac, stones etc so there is no common default.

Should i go ahead with work or go down the planning route ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

imho you need to apply for planning permission for proposed works

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

carq wrote: »
    Hi

Do i need planning to change my front driveway and front wall.
    I live in a semi D in an estate. Current front of house is 70% grass with room for 1 car in driveway.

We would like to tarmac all and widen the opening of the driveway to make it easier to drive in and out.

On our road in easte many houses have done many different things, knock wall completely , tarmac, stones etc so there is no common default.

Should i go ahead with work or go down the planning route ?

Yes planning required.

The planning is required to widen the vehicular access. What you do inside the boundary is your own business once Planning is granted for the widened vehicular entrance.

Advertisement