Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,024 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got some laugh when one of the cave bosses dropped this 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah they're everywhere

Another day of General Radahn kicking my arse, must be so much easier as a magic user.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

There is one piece of magic that makes this ridiculously easy, so much so it's almost cheating. You can use the summons over and over again just as an FYI.

Was just coming to say the same and also do not summon human help they will be most likely useless in this fight and will just make him have more health for you to deal with when they inevitably die. Also if I recall you can't use Torrent in coop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

The most dramatic boss fight (with legitimate back story so i am ok lol) but i think he is a abit gimmicky when you can have so many npc friends to help you there (ya just keep running around and summon them to tank you. Phase2 is mad but not hard also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I must not be whacking enough walls so, haven't found a single one yet.

So just tackled Godrick, that was a fun fight! Got him on my 4th try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

Beat him this morning with a strength build. I used my uchigatana with an art of war that increased further the chance of blood loss-the 4th strike I’d get in would slice about 20% off his health bar, and managed 2 of these before the second phase and he had very little energy at that point, so rushed him and managed to finish him off there and then. I will say beating an annoying souls boss before starting work put me in a great mood!

Since then I’ve slightly rejigged my stats to boost intelligence as I wanted some other options than just bashing away(and I found a moonveil I really wanted to use!) and have to say I’m enjoying the difference so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah. A few in one particular catacomb brings you directly to the boss. And in one place I was in tonight where a message on the floor said to try rolling, I did, went straight through the wall, and now a whole new area and new enemies has opened up for me. Completely took me by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,024 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

**** me the boss in Impalers Catacombs is some pain in the arse with the little Imps feckers. Finally got him after about 30 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found a greatshield in Stormveil and it's only 79% physical. Absolute Bollox.

Edit: just found the manor towershield and it's exactly what i was looking for. 30 STR to wield it though means I'll be going STR build i think, may have to look for a str sword to replace my Uchi.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Advertisement

In an area like the starting area. Die, die, die and die again. When it final clicks with me, oh I can just drop down on it and ride it over the **** lava can't I .

Goddrick is such a great boss! First phase is handy, 2nd is a Bollox.

Done on the 3rd go, i found Margit much harder :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Renalla down - really cool fight mechanically although I died a few more times than I should of because of stuff going on all around me. Falling chandeliers (I think?) and projectile books / globes came out of nowhere several times as I was looking for the right spot to attack in the first phase. Very busy fight with lots going on, but again quite a fun boss mechanically and visually. The wolves seem absolutely invaluable in that fight, mind you!

The Moonveil Katana is absolutely saving my life. Not only does the weapon art shred anything that is weak to magic, but even the base and stagger damage is terrific.

Need to decide what to use for a staff though. I have a Demi-human Queen staff +3 (I think) which does okay, but have picked up some new staffs too. Have mostly just been using glintstone pebble to lure enemies, and if I see it does decent damage I'll just pelt them with it. Kinda want to experiment with Moonveil in one hand and a blood Uchigatana in the other, really rack up bloodloss damage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moonveil is absurd, it’s turned me from a ranged caster into a close range attacker for most fights. Even enemies that are resistant to magic stand no hope against it.

So what are yer stats at the moment that you're concentrating on Level, Vig,Str, etc? I'm reluctant to go the Int route but magic sword does sound fun. Then I'd have to build mind as well. Think I'll concentrate on Str this run and do Int build next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Almost had him twice and haven't even manged to kill all the imps since then :(

After exploring the Altus Plateau for a while last night, my most hated enemies have changed. Any enemy that spews the Deathblight thing (and there are a lot of those f*cks in one particular area that I nope'd the hell out of), and the assassin guys with the feather capes who just spam fire attacks. One of them kept wrecking me and I had no choice but to keep going after him because I dropped 50k runes when he killed me the first time as I'd forgotten to level up.

I focused on Dex and Vigor to start with, then started adding in Mind (especially as some of the best summons cost 90+FP) and Int. For the next while though, I'm going to alternate between Vigor and Int.

It kinda depends on what weapon you want to go with, and what the scaling is on it. While some just mostly scale with Str or Dex, some benefit more from Str/Faith, or Dex/Int etc. I'm at a point with the Moonveil Katana that as it scales more with Int than Dex, that's where my points are going to go because it'll make the sword more powerful but will also work towards sorcery.

So if you knew which magic way you want to go (sorcery/INT or incantations/FAITH), you could try find weapons which scale with those as well as strength and just direct all your points that way. There is a way to respec later in the game though, so strength might just benefit you most for now and if you find a build you want to go with later, you can respec into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I've been mostly going Strength, but I've been strongly considering a respec to go more towards magic as some of the sorceries look amazing. But by now I've also gathered some class big weapons that I want to try out, so I might just stick with this and go all out magic whenever I do another run through of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stormveil is just a masterclass in level design. I really think From Software are just unmatched in this current era when it comes to level design.

Came across the crucible knight in one of the secrets and got triggered by the fecker in the evergaol that I still can't beat. So I ran away, found a lift and he fell into the abyss under the lift.

Not my proudest win but I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is this playable on PC (9900k 3080) reviews have not been kind to its performance.

The one in the Evergaol is still the boss that's given me the most trouble so far in the game, and I only started trying to fight him when I was Level 55+.

An old Souls problem, but I'm definitely finding it hard to balance my stats - or perhaps it's more choice paralysis every time I hit that levelling screen! I'm around level 50 at the mo, and find myself wanting to pump points into vigour, mind, dex and int. Vigour's the killer as it really feels like you need a lot more HP as the game progresses. I've been focusing on int as my top priority and am in the high 20s with that, but some of the staffs require int in the 50s which feels very far away at the moment!

I was using the Twinsage headpiece for ages as it boosts Int by 6, but I didn't realise it also reduces your HP.

I saw something I wanted to use last night, but it needed 10 Faith and I was only 8. I feel like I can't spare the skill points especially as they're 30k runes now. Though I did level up a lot last night too, maybe 7-8 levels. Some of the areas and minor bosses dropping decent runes without being too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

I’ve been going for a strength build but I’m going to concentrate on building my INT for a while I think. I have enough strength points to use the sword I want for bashing enemies, I was putting stats in endurance to try and upgrade my carry weight mostly but I’ve gotten used to the heavy load while using it, so happy to leave that as is for now.

Having said that,

There is an enemy in Nokstella that seems to reliably drop larval tears so I have a pile of them - makes it a much easier decision to change when it's easy to change back if I don't like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

There is a staff you can get in Caelid, you don't have to beat a boss it is just in a chest. It starts with S Int scaling and gives a buff to gravity spells. Go straight for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If I had a euro for every time I've used a spirit summon at the start of a boss fight, and then died because I didnt move to the estus flask after doing the summon.

well, I'd probably have at least 30 euros.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Perfectly playable. Playing it myself and get 60 FPS. There are framerate hitches every now and again but they sort themselves out as you play more and it's far from game ruining or unplayable.

I have my two main spirit summons set to Triangle+Left/Right (and Torrent to Triangle+Down). Makes things a lot easier. I try to keep my equipped items to just the three types of flasks unless I know there's another particular item I need (like poison cures).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

And don't forget you can jump straight back to the first item (assume that's your healing flask) by holding down on the d-pad. No need to cycle through them to get back. 🙂

Advertisement