Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

I’ve been dragged away from this to go on holiday(Boooooo!) , but I swear this game has had some sort of Tetris Effect on me - even coming in from the airport I found myself noticing far off churches in the distance and wondering what’s in there. It’s going to be a long 2 weeks…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

”Man with sword arrested for stealing communion goblet, communion wafers and spare priest outfit from church”.

Just got offered another patch there (Xbox ) 600mb , app version and calibration version 1.03.1 not seeing any patch notes for the .1

Was having a nightmare with her last night. The flurry of slashes in the first phase, the rot and the chance instakill at the start of the second phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man the Haligtree area is no joke. Got absolutely royally wrecked more to common enemies than to the first boss I've faced here. Some of it is pure torture.

• Advertisement

Yeah and it's not hard to drop 50k + runes there. It's some gauntlet from the church to the next site of grace. The game throws a few top tier smiting stones in that area so suicide runs are worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This basically all the exploring I've done so far

I want to explore Mistwood more but the bears are a total pain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can ignore the bears. You'll open up something quite incredible if you explore mistwood more.

From the looks of the map he's fled in terror right passed the something quite incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What is the incredible thing? I've explored there (I think thoroughly).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A certain well, I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I completely forgot about that well, went down really game and noped back up. Think I'm ready for another stab at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Plenty of that kind of surprise in the game it seems. 🙂

Reached the city I think you said you just cleared but not gone inside properly yet. Was transported there a long time ago but couldn't kill a giant dude so just warped out - is it him I need to kill to get access? I did kill a boss inside a cave which led back outside and to a locked door so it's not him.

Headed back to that manor place north of the lakes so have a boss to kill there first anyway - those spider hands are tricky feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did the exact same. Took a look around and took the elevator back up.

Same with Caelid. Surveyed the landscape, saw the big bird thing. Rode Torrent back to Limgrave.

That’s the Divine Bridge you’ve been to, sadly not the way in! If you want to get into the Capital just explore the perimeter and you’ll find the entrance, although given it’s Elden Ring there is someone who doesn’t want you to get in 😂

Just a heads up on the manor, there’s a bunch of subquests that’ll be locked off if you proceed through it one way without finishing the other. It’s worth doing all the quests you’re given before killing the final boss.

I found a good spot for farming runes, I want to go for a mix of magic / melee. What should I spend em on?

Int, Vig and Dex, then go find Rock Sling and Moonveil Katana (and Rock Sling will help you get Moonveil).

Vigour is sometimes easy to forget when you’re focused on scaling other attributes but I’ve pumped a fair few points into it recently and it’s essential in the later game.

Do you remember the names of those quests (spoiler them if you like)? Not seeing much mention on the wiki and I just wanted to get through the manor so I can start

Ranni's quest

One guy on my steam friends list has played 123 hours of this in the last 2 weeks

Patches, Bernhal and Rya all have questlines related to the Volcano Manor. Also the ‘assassination’ quests you’re given will provide a bunch of unique weapons and items :)

• Advertisement

Cheers! But it's Caria Manor I was referring to so looks like I'm ok for the time being. 😁 Although I see I need to head back and seek out Rya's second location, missed her at that place. The amount of things to do in this game is bananas.

Ha ha, apologies! Lots of manors and forts to be dealing with 😂 With Caria you can just go and destroy that boss without issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just beat Radahn after about 6 or 7 tries. The first time I got him down to about a quarter of his health but I didn't know he turned into a meteorite so that's what got me.

Funnily enough, when I finally killed him I don't think I landed a single hit myself. You could do this fight as soon as you get Torrent really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Went exploring Ainsel River and was completely sideswipped by

That big fecking boss Dragon whatshisface

Finished the Dung Eater side quest, was happy with how that one turned out.

He died screaming tied to a chair as I feed him the seedbed curses. Quit and reload to get his gear. The sword seems OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

0 issues playing on PC, no stuttering or FPS drops. Very good looking game, control is nice and responsive not as clunky as previous From games.

PC graphic settings are piss poor so no change there.

1000s of deaths to: (an incomplete list)

A Rat 

A Wolf (several times)

A monster with a pumpkin for a head

A Dragon

100s of soldiers

An impossibly large knight

A troll (several times)

My own **** horse, not even sure how that happened.

100% recomend this game 👍️

I've only had a few issues in the 55hrs the game says I've played so nothing at all that bothers me.

Caria Manor done now and on with Ranni's quest. Still using the Carian Knight set and shield along with my blood Uchi I think at +13, Blood Slash coming in pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wandering around The lovely Caelid, found a burnt out town and a sorcery npc giving me a quest to cure a girl nearby. The giant dog i rode past had decided to follow me, glitch through the wall with a bite and killed the npc. I can still 'talk' to the chair he was sitting in but no idea how this will affect the quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm heading for the end???

I'm being asked to commit a cardinal sin at the forge of giants.

Advertisement