Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

He has a dialogue about it something along the lines killing him is futile. He respawns. Reset the area and he should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just noticed that most of my shields now have 100% physical protection, especially the medium ones. So that's what the patch meant by effectiveness, was definitely needed. Finally found another smithing stone 3 to get my uchi up to +9. Turns out i need another 6 for the next level :(

Also, the utter. Joy of finding Redmayne castle site of grace. Now time to see what's behind this fog...

Edit: oh... Ok then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Beat Radahn 3rd go there. He's not as bad as I expected. Moonveil Katana +9 wrecks though. Making my way through Ranni's quest and enjoying knowing where I need to go next

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Siofra River is huge. Can you go up here or is it just window dressing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s teleporters all over Siofra River plus a couple of significant alternative entrances. You can get pretty much anywhere you can see, although not all necessarily from the main entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure how someone ended up finding this but there are some walls that take 50 hits before they disappear, so not like the normal fake ones and they lead to a room you can visit normally...

Presumably a glitch or maybe a change in level design they forgot to remove completely.

Explored Siofra Well last night as well, lit all the flames and fought the boss, have to try out that new ash. Eventually find Blaidd after running around for ages so it does sound like you can get up higher but not yet.

It was mad when i found a lift and ended up much farther away, checked the map to see the distance covered, These underground levels are huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trust me, the more you play the game, the more you'll be saying "Wait... I'm here now?!"

Big boy is down on the third attempt, typical in that I almost had him on the first go:

Fun fight that was though.

Each time I play this game I'm always impressed with the detail they've put into it, most of which I'm probably oblivious to and will find out later in a Vaati video. Spotted this strange thing in this guy's chest - there has to be some lore behind it:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I am currently 105 hours into the game and level 102 - Have arrived at Castle Sol and I'm getting absolutely spanked by everything. My build is 45 STR, 45 DEX & 35 VIG - I feel like I'm back at the tree sentinel day 1 again.

• Advertisement

Yup. Exact same point where I started to wonder if I'd skipped a few areas. Since then I've had more trouble with small mobs or a few minor enemies than I've had with bosses, and I was lvl 120+.

I've now made it to the main boss of the Haligtree area, and good holy f*ck.... Only tried a few times and got them to second phase twice, but any hit is pretty much insta-death.

I'm in Farum Azula, have no idea where I'm meant to be heading after the first boss. Very disorientating area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Has anyone killed the tree sentinel in Limgrave? What level were you and how did you go about it? I’m level 44 with 24 vigor and he’s absolutely wrecking me, can’t dodge his attacks at all even sprinting oh horseback he just nails me every time I get close, 2 hits and I’m dead.

Think I tried him around your level and gave up after a good few deaths. Just went back and killed him easy enough at lvl 82. I found it much easier on foot rather than mounted though - even though he telegraphs his moves quite early he seems slow enough to actually swing so I need to roll a bit later than normal. I used Moonveil +5 and Carian Knight Shield which has 100% physical block.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

started as a magic build but as I was away from home on a ps4 this week I started a new game and went dex for a stabby slashy playthrough and while it's harder I'm enjoying it more. Solo'd Magrit and Godric well with my summons and npc. Quite proud of myself, I may overwrite my ps5 save if I can.

Yeah I was Lvl 30-40 when I beat him and he was still tough. I mostly stuck kinda to jousting him. On horseback, just pick one side to attack him from (eg. stick to R1 attacks), and sprint on horseback as fast as you can, one attack, then keep sprinting away, turn around, and go straight at him again. You should be able to avoid most of his attacks that way. You might be able to park beside for 2-3 hits if he's after doing a big attack, but just get out of the way if he starts winding up for another attack as he has big reach and wide arcs most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mediocre skills + rotten stray summons = easy win

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I took the sentinel down very early (although had lots of practice from the network test), it’s very doable at any point with a bit of practice. Summons don’t hurt, but you can definitely do sprint and run attacks. His attacks have long wind ups so if you sprint past and just do one hit at a time and then sprint to a safe distance you can chip his health down steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Keep on the Tree Sentinels Shield side and whack him from Horseback takes him an extra second or two to turn so you can get a few slaps in then retreat and repeat, used the jellyfish summon myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Been playing this for hours per night, didn't think I'd be into it not having played any souls game, they never really interested me. It was the lure of the open world in ER, and having finished the Witcher 3, I needed me some more exploring. Absoloutely gorgeous, and massive! game.

I have hit a snag though, last night I went to fight Radahn, but the game wouldn't allow me enter the Boss doorway! I've fought him already, pre-nerf, so this puzzles me, any ideas?

That Malenia fight has to be nerfed. There's no way it's supposed to be like that. That's just insanity. Levelling up isn't going to do much because even another 10 points in Vigor, she has at least 3 attacks which if they land are just instant death (I'm already about 45 base in Vigor, boosted by talismans to over 50), and the most common one insta-kill attack, you wouldn't even be able to parry or dodge it in Sekiro. Add in that she regens health with each hit, and that attack even if it hits Mimic rather than me (Mimic can survive it), gives her a huge chunk back.

Tried Black Knife Tiche a few times and even though it does great damage to the boss, the boss doesn't target her as much as Mimic.

Mimic is a liability in that one alright. I summoned human help, I was able to stun lock her on my own but obviously I ran out of puff and that was me finished. With another person even with the increased health the boss gets with a summon we just switch hit her and she literally has nothing to answer with except for the start of the second phase which I found running at her and not away and then waiting for the rot to disperse kept me alive.

I just beat her as a level 1 wretch, sounds like someone just needs to git gud :cool:

Alright if I summon you for help with her? She'll have increased health, but with the runes you got for beating her you must be at least Lvl 2 by now, so I'll just pick a corner to hide in and let you solo her.

Yeah I can do the most damage to her when Mimic and I just go ham on her at the same time. Bleed damage does huge and she's easy enough to stun. Even in the 2nd phase I've a physk flask to tank the rot and just run in at her after she lands and can get her to less than 50% very quickly. The trouble is in either phase when she jumps in the air for her large combo. It's game over at that stage.

Ha, best I can do is run around like an eejit if that's any good to ya?

I haven't found Mimic Tear yet but sounds like when i do eventually find it, I'll have missed out on the fun. What are ye using instead? I have a load of ash summons collected but keep using my +2 pupeteer soldier guys (name escaping me). I have never had to farm items in a souls game but I'm tempted to google and farm smithing stones (3) and some of the glovewart stuff to upgrade summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I took the plunge. In fairness, trading in Dying Light 2 wjth a €10 voucher and my level 3 card, i got it for €6 so even if i only get a couple of hours out of it, no real loss, and ill get Horizon for about €14 when i trade it in.Just about to start it.

As many know, I'm not a From fan, I haven't been able to get into any of their games for more than a few hours, but it would be unfair of me to not at least try it.

I'm going in blind, because I genuinely hate games being spoiled, and reading up about builds and strategies beforehand defeating the purpose of a new game, imo.

So I'm going in already not liking it, but very open to being proven wrong. We'll know within a few hours!

There was no boss doorway for me - unless you mean the archway entrance to the courtyard that has a fog blocking you from leaving? Entrance to Radahn is through the church, down the lift and then use that warp gate thing on the beach. Or that's how it was for me anyway. 🙂

So after I activated Rad's great rune I decided to do a little exploring and ended up at the bottom of that tower fighting Godskin Apostle - man that was a tough fight. None of the spirits I had lasted pissing length with him and any magic I had was too weak and I needed the flasks for healing. Just had to learn his moves and keep chipping away with Moonveil. Really satisying to finally take him down. The blood splattered all over my armour says it all I guess (used the Arsenal Charm to be able to wear the full outfit). 😂

Some interesting gear he drops and a faith greatsword in a chest behind him:

• Advertisement

I just found the black wolf mask, beaming!

Advertisement