Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished at 143 hours and level 162.

Now to complete the preparations for NG+ by upgrading weapons, buying stuff and killing every last NPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just spent an hour being thrashed by Melenia (I was angry but I'm calming down) I just want to address the elephant in the room. People say it's hard but fair. Bollocks. It's **** it's unfair it's why we play it, I've never encountered so much bullshit in a game than a fromsoft game, I love the games but Christ, it's just bullshit. **** virgin pricks

on reflection perhaps I had not calmed down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Git gud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone who says Melania is ‘tough but fair’ is talking horseshit, to be fair. It’s a nightmare fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's mostly fair, except for that waterfowl dance move. That combined with the health she gets back (especially if she uses the waterfowl dance on a summon) is where it really crosses the line.

It's the only real fight where you almost have to respec and use particular weapons/skills to stand a reasonable chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭McFly85

Took Melania down today. F**k her. I would even say I got a bit lucky where my mimic was unusually restrained in the second phase so was able to last to the very end of the fight.

All shardbearers now down so either going to finish the game or start looking for the likely dozens of questlines I’ve been completely oblivious to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭McFly85

My least favourite boss by a distance. Way too much of a sponge and most of the times I died it was because I got stuck at a tree or something and got walloped!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So took a break at the weekend, well a forced break as I was away from the PC!

Finished up Volcano manor and went back to the mountaintop of giants. Cleared it out. Actaully didn't have much trouble with the Fire Giant. Killed him first time. Noticed my blood flame buff ineffective so switched to a holy sword buff which pretty much doubled my damage output. He hits insanely hard but my DPS was just nuts with the holy buff. Also helps that the perfume that increases defense and lets you tank one hit are pretty damn effective.

On to the consecrated snowfield now.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Went to caelid bossed it , currently at the lake of rot , god damn I hate poison areas they are legit no fun.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be a FromSoftware game without them...

I actually dreamt last night that I beat Melania. I haven't. I did find out she's optional so there's that. There's an internet legend called "let me solo her" who has beaten her hundreds maybe thousands of times. He joined my summons on Saturday...... and died.

Ha, I've actually seen clips where people are changing their name and appearance to look like Let Me Solo Her, and just walking straight up to her and dying instantly, leaving the person with a Malenia who has double health and you can't use spirit ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

played a lot at the weekend,

finished (i Think) Rannis questline, cleared out volcano manor and the Snake boss, have about 100 hours logged and am level 110,

making my way through the mountaintop area now, and have backtracked slightly and stopped for the weekend at Castle Sol While its all been epic, I have to admit, I'm ready for it to finish now, but looking at the map, it looks like there's easily another 30 hours or so left at the rate I'm going.

Good luck with the boss of castle sol. He turned me into an expletive volcano.

Elden Ring is no on top of my steam most played list by a few minutes. I'd say it will be nestling comfortably there by the time I'm done.

I know , remember the windmill in DS2 I think it was and setting fire or something to it cleared it.

They are my least favourite parts of the game. Don't even think I am halfway through this game is enormous.

Also fought

Godskin on Limgrave divine tower of grace, his expand and roll attack was unfair he needs to be nerfed. Got him in the end though

Never played DS2, but from the FromSoftware games I have played, I'd rather poison than things like Frenzy/Deathblight/Terror/Curse that are just insta-kills.

Yeah Frenzy in bloodbourne with the tower was very unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm just loving carian retaliation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I got a bit lucky with this one. As soon as I entered the arena I summoned my mimic in melee mode, and still had just enough time to take down one of the ads before he reached me. Luckily the mimic pulled agro from the boss and I was free to kill the other ad before ganging up on the boss. Intense fight though, really enjoyed it. I didn't fight Melania or Mogh, so this was the toughest boss outside of the final boss for me.

• Advertisement

I actually had very little trouble with Niall either, think I got him third try at the most. Mimic kept the adds busy and I just focused on Niall.

This next run though I'm thinking about not using Mimic at all, just using other summons instead. Will see which boss causes me to throw that out the window and beg Mimic to come back.

New patch rolling out. No huge changes to bosses, but a lot of changes to weapons & spells in terms of damage, speed, FP cost etc. Too many to list here. Big buffs to Colossal weapons and Greatswords in particular.

Also adds new steps to Patches' quest. Not sure what they are.

haven't used it but I see a bug was causing a damage increase and it's just been patched.

the devs obviously think Melania too easy as one of the few nerfs is to swarm of flies

Going to give that a read. Hope it fixes hyettas quest but I think I'm well past that point. And a useable fire sword buff please.

Think it does address Hyetta's quest. Fixes the NPC invader not spawning at the Revenger's Shack, which should give you the last grape required to get her to the next stage.

Seems the issue was if you beat the Liurnia main bosses before going to the shack, it prevented him from spawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Had to work for abit over the weekend (oh the sadness), but ya finished all endings all NPC (except missing snake girl, Patches, Dung eater's ash). I actually switched to bleed build after Ofnir, just for the fun and wanted to help people on Malenia - goddamn yes i would strongly recommend the comfy bleed build ahah (RoB, and spam Mogh spear or Swarm of flies), seriously i just enjoy the melee fighter build so much better than pew pew Int build.

lmao when i was typing - new patch! Oh god i have tears in eyes: str colossal bros rejoicess, and OMG they buff the cast speed/recovery of spells aha - I think thats the reasons i disliked int pew pew build lol. And niceee, yes, where is Patches next I cant wait today to find out aha.

Seems to promise a fix for hyettas quest.

Damage and guard breka of blade blade increased. Nothing about it lasting only 6 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Got the Sol boss on 4 or 5th attempt with mimic. And then went to the snake boss, thought I was home free and you all know what happened so I died. Will go back to that one much much later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

I see the bird glitch has been fixed. This game suddenly got harder....

• Advertisement

Is that the farming bird? Not surprised it's fixed. At the same time though it takes very little effort to kill all the alburnarics there and in the pools below. Takes longer, but you still get about 120k per run and only takes a few minutes.

Advertisement