Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hoslows armor with the Mask of Confidence is a pretty sweet look👌

And good stats as far as i can tell. I was wearing the Raging Wolf set but Hoslows seems better all round. Finally getting endurance up to 25 gives me a bit more choice

Mask of Confidence gives +3 Arcane, was a lucky find yesterday. Didn't even realise what it was till I was checking out my inventory for items to boost intelligence for a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

No sign of any DLC at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I'm onto to last double boss. Can Beat Radagon but the beast is another story!

Ended up spending a good bit of time farming runes to level up further before I attack it again. I'm on level 160 now.

Jaysus, just when you think your getting somewhere you realise the size of map😅

Just finished Castle Sol, enemies definitely getting tougher now although got the boss on second go. Some nasty knights in that dungeon too.

Totally given up on a shield at this point, damage is not enough with just the one polearm, need the boost from dual wielding now. Which I had totally forgot about after using the katana for a good bit and not being able to use L1 for double light attack. I seem to proc bleed very quickly that way now. The God skin Peeler proc's it extremely quickly. 96 vs 56 for elonoras polearm, so I was really limiting myself with shield and one polearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Shields are good for parrying though, effective against knight class enemies and some bosses.

• Advertisement

That is one thing that annoyed me about Elden ring is the buttons for switching between one and two handed. Honestly, at least 50% of the time I didn't hit the two buttons simultaneously enough and ended up killing my stamina bar 20 meters away from the enemy/boss...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

equip gear that is resistant to holy damage, it'll make a huge difference.

Ill have to see what I have I've a ton of **** armour talismans etc I've never used.

What's the general strategy for fighting and beating Elden Beast? I've only fought him once so far and was beaten right away by the bloody flame attack. What weapons work best? Do you just have to keep chasing him and avoiding his attacks or is there a way around this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want an easy ride, respecc for an arcane bleed build, rivers of blood, only use the weapon art and you will melt him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty much just chasing him, get a few hits in, and avoid his attacks. Most of his attacks aren't difficult to dodge or avoid (especially just by running to left or right). The hardest part of the fight is just getting to him, getting a few hits in, and then trying to chase him down again after he teleports.

Anything that negates or reduces holy damage will help reduce his attacks a lot. Outside of that, he has high resistance to almost all forms of damage so your best bet is just keep plugging away with physical damage. Keep trying to run at him but in a wide arc from the side, you should avoid most of his homing attacks that way.

Thanks! Probably wont get to play it again till later in the week. I beat Radagon and I'm sure ill be able to get through handy from now on I was also trying to save my summon for the beast fight instead of wasting it on Radagon.

Is using Rivers of blood on him that easy? I have the weapon maxed but found Mohgs Spear much better just obviously slower.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only have experience of rivers of blood but the weapon art is complete insanity and turned the game into easy mode. I died once on Elden Beast just from unfamiliarity but the second time I was surprised how quickly he died.

Elden Beast is immune to status effects like bleed. He'll still take damage from bleed weapons but it won't build up the bleed status on him. So whichever gives you the most physical damage would be best.

It takes 40% less damage from the likes of bleed, magic, frost, lightning, fire etc, but only 10% less damage from physical attacks. So bleed attacks will still work, but won't cause bloodloss and not as much damage as against most other enemies.

Basically, Elden Beast is an asshole.

I've seen people online summoning more than one person to help how are they doing this?

Kinda half tempted to try it and see but want to do it myself or with the Mimic at most until i get really fed up and summon lol.

hmm, I didn't realise that. I think the weapon art even without the blood loss status is still insanely powerful considering the range an speed it comes out as a combo that it made it easier.

I think the holy damage negation is probably what will help you the most and stop you getting one shotted.

Was only by the time I was trying to beat renalla I realised the value of swapping armor. Magic resist made that one a lot easier in the second phase along with a magic resist talisman.

Anyone else not realise you should use the spear for rykarrd? 3 times I tried by just baiting his attacks and hitting him in the head🤣

Got him to about 20% one of the tries too, before realising something wasn't right. Mopped the floor with him with the spear then, sometimes I make this game way harder than it has to be!

When you activate the summoning pool or use whichever finger shows summon signs, gold summon signs should appear on the ground. You can summon up to two other players.

If You're doing it solo, try do as much of Radagon as you can without Mimic, then summon Mimic when you need. That way your Mimic should be decent health for Elden Beast.

One hint that isn't explained is that any consumables you have equipped, your Mimic will also have. But this includes the likes of meats etc that the Mimic can use to refill their health, or buff themselves. It doesn't even use the consumable itself (eg. if you have 1 meat in your equip slot, the Mimic can use it several times but it doesn't even use the one you have in your equip slot). It's a way for the Mimic to use health or buff items without actually using your consumables. However, if and when it uses the items is completely up to it.

Yeah I've seen him do this ! He mostly just throws sleep pots so I had to take them out haha. Gonna try summoning more than one for the laugh I've only ever been able to get one!

It was something I don't think he ever did for me, but mainly because I rarely had anything equipped other than my HP and FP flasks. Maybe some items to negate poison or rot but only in those specific areas.

The boss gains more HP for each summon you bring in, but them being able to pull aggro and chances are they have a decent build and have fought EB/Radagon a few times before so should be decent enough and help you through. I used to put my sign down to help people with Malenia, but most ended either with me dying early after pulling aggro when she's about to do her waterfowl dance move, so at least I'd die to it rather than the host, or countless attempts where the host died to the AOE attack at the very start of Phase 2 that you'd think they would have learnt about before summoning for help. Never tried helping people with the final boss though, mainly because EB is just such a pain in the hole. Malenia requires skill, EB just requires a lot of running.

• Advertisement

I need to stop reading this thread before I end up starting another playthrough....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

no danger of that here, found it a slog as I explored too much in early game. When I finished and noticed how close I was to getting 100% so I said I may as well give it a go. Thankfully there was the save delete trick on xbox so I got all the endings without fuss. Then I was down to one last achievement (well, 2 but the one item would pop both). The **** Bolt of Gransax, the one bloody thing you can lock out if go by a certain point in the game. Anyway, long story short, I replayed and got it in about 40 mins which I thought was quite good but not without it's own annoyances - I couldn't get into the capital at first as I only had 1 great rune so I had go back and burst through the academy. Then I had my two great runes but still blocked. The problem? I hadn't visited the round table in my game - that really irked me but thankfully there is a really quick way to get the bolt from the start of the area.

Anyway, 100%, uninstalled and I'm back to the Gauntlets in Sekiro. . .and ER has thrown off my controls 😡

Bolt of Gransax caught me out too (along with many others online) Thankfully I made back ups of my save on PC every few days (in anticipation of potential issues like this). I still had to get all the other weapons, which required beating some of the harder bosses again.

Elden Ring definitely has one of the least replayability values but I am looking forward to a DLC

Wow, palace of mogwhyn is some spot for farming runes. Found the entrance by random. Glad I didn't use the medallion to get there now.

Can make a crazy bird drop off for like 11k then farm the albeneurics on the bridge. Bout 50k in 5 mins i reckon, that will be my spot from now on.

Also stumbled accross the halig tree after doing something I didn't think would lead me there. Happy days😁

Jus had a look and have Bolt of Garsnax so happy days. Although I can't see myself going for 100%, never do in any game really

Holy crap, Lord of blood gives a lot of runes!! Got Varres armor set to, might be time to revisit using mask of Confidence

LoB was weak very week to blood damage surprisingly...well given his name🤣 Took me a few goes to remember how to break his spell, I got the item for it an age ago. Got him first go after figuring it out though. Got my 60 Vigor now, 50 dex(+5 talisman), 26 arcane and 25 endurance. Might try get dex to 50 without talisman next.

There's a section right after you get to the Haligtree prayer room site of grace that's great for farming runes. Nearly 100k every few mins after killing a group of enemy's. Once your at a high enough level you piss through them.

Was one or two hits away from beating the Elden Beast last night! So annoying!! So I am gonna try out the Blasphemes Blade later will probably have to re spec depends how much I can farm ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I know he's not considered that hard of a boss but EB took me more attempts than Malenia - slippery running fcuker

• Advertisement

Got Loretta last night then spent most of the night helping a mate in coop.

Malenia tonight hopefully. I want to finish milicents quest as well and get the rotten curved sword talisman.

Advertisement