Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HopingforNewZ

At least Eurogamer are consistent; they gave the excellent Lies of P 3/5 also. Can’t wait for Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This is going to be a VERY broad question.......I haven't played Elden ring in over a year and have no idea where I am or what I should be doing. I loaded up and I was at that festival to take on Radhan....he is one shotting me so I'm guessing I am way under levelled. Any got any inkling where I am in the game or general direction I should be heading?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's my game time after a single playthrough. I did do pretty much all the main content and super bosses but you're missing out on a lot of content if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It kind of depends. Do you remember if you've done the Academy and beaten the boss there (Rennala), or Carian Manor (the castle in Northern Liurnia)? You're probably around 40% through the main game I'd say either way.

Your best bet may be to go somewhere else if you can, get your sea legs back, maybe level up another bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I also found it a game with a lot of false endings. You'd get somewhere and think you are near the end and discover another 10-15 hours of content. I happened a fair few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye I've definitely defeated Renalla at the Academy. Think I vaguely remember beating a guy on a horse in carian manor and that unlocked progress to another area. I don't remember a whole lot after that. Maybe spoke to Ranni in her tower a few times....

Think I'll head back to Limgrave and as you say get my sea legs back before venturing further

Ah yeah if you've beaten Loretta in Caria Manor and reached Ranni then you've mostly completed that area.

Yeah I'd say just get used to the game again, start in Limgrave and work your way back round Liurnia and Caelid,see if there are any caves or catacombs with minor bosses you haven't done yet. Should get you back into the swing of things. Could also try making your way into the early areas of Altus Plateau (northeast of the Academy in Liurnia). In terms of difficulty it's around the same as Caelid.

I hope everyone enjoys Elden Ring DLC on launch day. As usual for a From game I'm going to have to miss out on playing it on launch. At least this time it's because I'll be on holidays and not because I was unemployed and broke or broke my collar bone like with Sekiro!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Also won't get to play it anytime soon. Very little time with work and young baby, but slowly playing my way through the main game again with a faith character. Dragons all the way!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve got two weeks with it before being away from my PS5 for three weeks. Sounds like a challenge to me 😎 (and a challenge I will happily fail if needed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,797 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have it pre-ordered so gonna give it a lash Thursday night. I like the idea of another wide open area, pick a direction and see what happens, especially with the account of surprises from the base game, can't wait to see what From have in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The update they are doing tomorrow to add a recently acquired tab in your inventory is going to make life so much easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fextralife and FightingCowboy both have reviews out and are full of praise, sounds like it’s something very special again. Has a DLC ever won Game of the year before? 😁

I THINK The Witcher 3 dlc Blood & Wine won some game of the year award. I remember the debate coming up about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fextralife mentioned the final boss in the DLC is the most difficult in all of From's games, even harder than Orphan of Kos! Which is both exciting and scary to hear. Full respsect to anyone who managed to best Kos. 😁

Yeah the guys at Kinda Funny reviewed it and one said he reached the final boss but still hasn't beaten them 8 hours later (not all that time was fighting the boss, he said he'd go somewhere else to look for upgrade material to get stronger, try the boss again etc). Another guy said he was doing a run without using summons or spirit ashes but after two hours couldn't beat the final boss, so started using Mimic and still took about half an hour after that to beat it.

Going to be a tough fight for sure. Will be worth finding as many of the power upgrades in the DLC as possible before taking on the boss.

Kos drove me insane. The final phase where he jumps around dropping balls of unfair damage +25 is so frustrating as you are trying to gets some hits in. My old house mates heard me telling 'just stand still you prick!' from my room.

With all the talk of Mohg, i can't remember if i fought Mohg Omen before so off to the sewers i went. Instantly remembered why I probably didn't fight Omen to begin with as i spent hours sprinting through this damn place! Every room i went in to had an incredibly annoying enemy and then that bastard hand made me jump when it came out of the water, which I'm fairly sure caught me the first time through as well. Hate this place, might give Mohg Omen a miss as I'm sure I'm gonna be coming across plenty more tough areas tomorrow night.

It did make me go back to Rivers of Blood instead of Mohg spear as i need a quicker attack and it reminded me how much i love Katanas in this

Yeah, hated going through that whole area each time. From the prawns at the bottom where you get Mohg's Shackle, to the Omens all round the place, to the confusing layout of the whole area, and then going through all those pipes with holes, slugs and f*cking deathblight frogs…

It's not the worst, but it's not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am in a strange place as my NG+ game I am at end game so have giant beaten and currently doing Farum Azula, I could power through the weekend and get main game finished ( might skip halligtree) or go straight into DLC tomorrow.

I might see how far I get tonight ( euros arent helping)

The patch for the DLC has added in something pretty great for the base game too…

You can now summon Torrent for the Elden Beast fight! Probably going to make that fight too easy now because most of the difficulty in that boss was just avoiding all the AoE and projectile attacks while trying to get close enough to get one or two hits in before it f*cks off again, but still, a very welcome addition.

Nerfs and buffs as well. You know what, I don't like using Mohg's spear and this will be the much i need to switch to something else.

Bloodboon Ritual

Decreased the generated status buildup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Just dipped back in last evening, good news is that I have all required achievements, bad news is that I still have bad muscle memory from playing Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All you lucky people able to dive into the DLC. I thought my PS4 saves would carry over to PS5 but apparently not. I tried downloading them from the settings on the PS5 menu but nope.

So I'm now in Weeping Peninsula, I'll get to the DLC sometime around November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I’d aim to get to Moghwyn Palace as soon as possible and then cheese farm using the arrow and bird technique. Should be able to get to level 150 fast enough and be in a position to defeat the necessary bosses

Damn, are you sure? Are you able to transfer over other saves or is it just Elden Ring that's the issue? Though the worry now would be that your new save may have overwritten the save on the cloud.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can you still access the PS4 version? I know some people prefer playing that version as it has slightly smoother frame pacing when played on PS5 due to the weirdness of From’s engine, and the graphic downgrades aren’t massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PS4 is long gone! it's grand, after the initial grind I'll probably get back into and just enjoy a new playthrough. If not, then it's bird genocide farming.

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered the dlc and it's for PS4 & PS5. I use the PS4 version on my ps5 and fully intend on using the PS4 version of the dlc so you should be good.

Advertisement