Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I summoned the Mimic at the very start of the fight (had a lucky window to summon and heal) and he landed the killing blow of phase two with around 30-35% of health left. +9 Revered Spirit Ash level. Did phase two quickly enough that I avoided that big finale AoE entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With the AoE that he usually does right at the start of Phase 2, it wasn't really affected by the initial AoE blast because it was still in the process of being summoned/forming where it's usually invulnerable when turning from the blob to a copy of you (because that would be when I'd summon it rather than during Phase 1), but it'd take hits from the blasts that come after that. Not enough to kill it though. It never lasted the whole fight for me, it'd still be killed either by another big AoE or any other of the boss' hits. Or at least I don't think it'd take damage from that, I was usually trying to focus on heals or buffs/grease if possible.

Edit: Sorry, you mean the second big AoE when he's about 10%. Yeah it was usually either dead by then or that'd kill it. It may have survived once but I rarely ever made it to that anyway, maybe three times before the time I beat him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Here's my successful attempt. The bleed damage you can do is insane, hence more or less bypassing some of the more punishing parts of the second phase. But I was very lucky with the stagger timing and opening summon window.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah it's wild. Almost makes me wish I'd focused on heavy weapons elsewhere in the game :P

It often also staggers the boss with one hit during that initial phase two wind up if you get up to him quick enough, but only seemed to work around 50% of the time for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement