Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Router cannot bridge to AirPort Extreme

• 21-05-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Vodafone router Huawei HG659 - > AirPort Extreme

I want to use the Airport Extreme to do the routing, including DHCP NAT and PAT

So my plan to make it simple is to put the Vodafone router into Bridge mode, like I used to do with the Virgin Media hub.

However, I cant seem to do this - even in Admin mode.Looking online it seems this isn't something the Vodafone router can do.

The main reason why I want to do this is to setup parental controls. unfortunately with the Vodafone router - a simply power cycle reset removes and ACL's I put in. The AirPort Extreme will save this ACL to the Nvram so it stays put even after a power cycle

To get around the Bridge mode issue, am I right in saying I could use a PPOE solution? If so, Does anyone have any advice or experience in doing it this way?

It's a FTC connection and I seriously appreciate any advice or guidance on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy a fritzbox or similar tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

ED E wrote: »
    Buy a fritzbox or similar tbh.

Fritz 7430. That would do the job right?I could grab one of those quite cheaply! I know it lacks AC wifi but its really only going to be used as a router via Lan.

Advertisement