Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen cover and your Premium

• 21-05-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I have fully comp insurance with Kennco. This includes windscreen repair for 25e once I go to one of their approved garages.

This does not affect my no claims bonus but does anyone know if this impacts on my premium, either officially or un-officially?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Spiral Notebook

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I have fully comp insurance with Kennco. This includes windscreen repair for 25e once I go to one of their approved garages.

This does not affect my no claims bonus but does anyone know if this impacts on my premium, either officially or un-officially?

Thanks

I have a fully comp policy with windscreen protection. Needed to get windscreen replaced during the year. Done through insurance. Renewal out this week and down e127, also received my no claims letter (proof incase I decide to change provider) and doesn’t appear to have affected it. Aviva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It doesn't affect your no claims but it is listed on the no claims discount as a glass claim. I suppose if someone broke a windscreen every 6 months not many insurers would want to touch you. I know the question is asked on most online quotes now if you have had a glass claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

I guess insurance premiums fluctuate so much for no apparent reason it is impossible to determine if an increase is attributable to this or not. They would never admit it even if it was!

Advertisement