Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon & Dunkettle Interchange

Options
  • 22-05-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Dublin on Sunday and just noticed the marathon is on. I'm coming from Midleton direction, so would normally turn right at the D.I onto M8 and away I go. I can't tell if this will be possible on Sunday morning, as I know the runners will come down the Lr Glanmire road, round the roundabout and through the tunnel, so would be going straight across my path.

I could go down as far as the Glanmire r'about, go all the way around and use DI to go left, but that feels even more intrusive? So should I be looking to go via Watergrasshill and avoid that whole area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

If your coming from Midleton just go out the road to Lisgoold/Fermoy You can then join the motorway in Fermoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

If your coming from Midleton just go out the road to Lisgoold/Mallow. You can then join the motorway in Mallow.

Mallow is on the road to Limerick. Did you mean Fermoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What marathon is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

If your coming from Midleton just go out the road to Lisgoold/Mallow. You can then join the motorway in Mallow.

Mallow is on the road to Limerick. Did you mean Fermoy?
    I

I did. Sorry. Fermoy is what I meant will edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

jimgoose wrote: »
    What marathon is this?

Cork City marathon but it's not on Sunday next rather the Sunday of the June weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

opus wrote: »
    Cork City marathon but it's not on Sunday next rather the Sunday of the June weekend.

Oh, right. Yes, I knew about that one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, sorry meant to type Sunday 2nd. Lisgoold is probably my best bet alright, thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

IIRC, the marathon runners don't go around the roundabout, they go come up the Glanmire road against the traffic flow, down the slip and through the northbound bore.
    You should still be able to use the roundabout, but there are lane restrictions.

Advertisement