Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining on next recruitment

• 22-05-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

hello

Have always wanted to join the guards and I think the next recruitment I am going to apply. Need to work on my fitness etc and get laser done first.
    The only question I have is are there allowances made for people with children who train?
    Someone said it to me the last day and can't find any info online.
    Just not sure how difficult it will be when I have a child at home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

hello

Have always wanted to join the guards and I think the next recruitment I am going to apply. Need to work on my fitness etc and get laser done first.
    The only question I have is are there allowances made for people with children who train?
    Someone said it to me the last day and can't find any info online.
    Just not sure how difficult it will be when I have a child at home.

I think the only allowance is that when you’re training in Templemore you can come down on a Monday morning if you have children whereas if you don’t you need to return from weekend on Sunday night, maybe someone else can confirm this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Henry2006 wrote: »
    I think the only allowance is that when you’re training in Templemore you can come down on a Monday morning if you have children whereas if you don’t you need to return from weekend on Sunday night, maybe someone else can confirm this ?

I think there is something to this effect. Other than that I don't think you get any other sort of allowances, as in any extra pay or anything, everyone gets the same per week training allowance.

I guess you need to factor that into your decision. If it is something you always wanted to do I would go for it, and try to figure something out. If you have any questions about the stages at all feel free to PM me. :)!

Advertisement