Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maximum range on one fill?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

665 on my Honda Fit Hybrid 40ltr tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Got 1318km on the last tank of diesel 66.5 litres. 2 litre superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

700 something Km on a 52 l tank (full to refill light flashing). 90 something percent was motorway and N roads.

Usually it might only be mid 500 to low 600. Car is a 1.4 petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Recently 1,627 km on a tank in my 406 Estate. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Dublin to sligo last weekend, bit of driving around up there then sligo to mayo, mayo to Dublin, Dublin to Limerick return for work during the week.
    Bang on 1000kms and it was as low as when I filled it.
    Audi A6 141 2 litre diesel.
    65 litre tank so 15.38 kms on a litre of fuel
    That's 6.5 litres per 100kms or 43.38 mpg in old money.
    I'm pretty impressed with that the trip to connacht had 4 adults in the car and 2 bikes on a rack at the back. On my own going to Limerick.
    Would have been doing well in excess of speed limits on motorway too, 140/150 ish
    I've no doubt at slower speeds it could do a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Seweryn wrote: »

How big's the tank? That's impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Belfast to Cork with some to spare

How big's the tank? That's impressive.
    The refill was about 75 - 76 litres as far as I remember. Happy with that :).

1150km from Volvo D3 with 60l tank, without trying too hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

From some of the figures posted here - I am disappointed in reality :
    2012 508 2.0 Diesel:
    I can hit 1100 KM regularly from a tank, but it holds 72 liters. I was very impressed with this until reading some reports here....
    The OBC is reading 6.3l/100km (44.8mpg in old money)
    I am fairly happy with that considering my driving habits ....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Seweryn wrote: »
    That good and about 60mpg.
    Hdi engine or 1.9td.

bigroad wrote: »
    That good and about 60mpg.
    Hdi engine or 1.9td.
    It is the 2 litre HDi 110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

Dublin to sligo last weekend, bit of driving around up there then sligo to mayo, mayo to Dublin, Dublin to Limerick return for work during the week.
    I'm pretty impressed with that the trip to connacht had 4 adults in the car and 2 bikes on a rack at the back. On my own going to Limerick.
    Would have been doing well in excess of speed limits on motorway too, 140/150 ish

Did you actually get 65 litres into it when you filled it. My A4 when its on zero range usually gets 62 litres max and that is full to the brim

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

BMW 530d xdrive G30 get about 65l in.
    Conservative driving about 1050km in Eco mode. In Sport mode about 900km
    Sport mode is much more fun :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Dublin to Holyhead to Chester to Bristol to Cardiff and back (reverse order). 750kms and still not needed to be filled. 45 litres

9935452 wrote: »

Did you actually get 65 litres into it when you filled it. My A4 when its on zero range usually gets 62 litres max and that is full to the brim

Not sure what I got into it but I filled up just after light came on and I'm measuring until light came back on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've pushed it to 1050km, give or take a km or two, generally I'll have it filled up well before that though.
    Could possibly go further but didn't want to run out either.

2010 Mazda 6 Sport, 64 litre tank

Not sure what I got into it but I filled up just after light came on and I'm measuring until light came back on again.

I think you are doing a lot better than you realise.
    The light comes on at 60miles on mine and i run it down to zero. At zero it takes 60 to 62 litres to brim it. If it was at 60 miles left it would take 55 litres to fill it. .
    On a trip like that mine would be getting 55 to 60mpg average driving it well on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

markad1 wrote: »
    BMW 530d xdrive G30 get about 65l in.
    Conservative driving about 1050km in Eco mode. In Sport mode about 900km
    Sport mode is much more fun :D

X5 xdrive 40e (171). Fully agree Sports mode is more fun :)

I'm on hols in Spain, a ~288km drive to Cork (at 100km/h on the motorway - was in no hurry to catch the ferry) and another 600km (on some fairly mountainous terrain) and no charging other than self charging before having to refill. Having brimmed in Dublin, it took 80l to brim it in Spain at my first refill, 890km on the trip counter so that's roughly 9.0l/100km. I averaged lower than that in Ireland (flat, mostly motorway) (just under 1/4 of a tank for 290 km ~ 7l/100km) and a good deal more than that in Spain (hilly terrain and a few overtaking spurts (when Sports mode brings out the beast in the car!) and not *ahem* my most conservative driving style.

My 142 Xtrail (1.6 daysul) would have been a lot more frugal (I've averaged about 5.5l/100km on similar trips) but I'm of the opinion that for the brief flash of time we're on this earth, it's not the miles per gallon that count, but the smiles per gallon.:D

The light comes on at 60miles on mine and i run it down to zero. At zero it takes 60 to 62 litres to brim it. If it was at 60 miles left it would take 55 litres to fill it. .
    On a trip like that mine would be getting 55 to 60mpg average driving it well on.

But I'm still using a full tank between light coming on both times. I'm in an Audi too like you but I can't see you getting 55 to 60 mpg driving it at 140 kmph.

As a test I drove to Limerick again and most of the way there I kept on inside motorway lane at 110 kmph with cruise control on and calculated it at exactly 5 litres per 100 kms or 56.4 mpg

That's the best I could get out of it but I was deliberately holding back

On the way back I drove it on and consumption dropped back to over 6 l per 100 kms.

Still happy with the car though and the consumption

• Advertisement

But I'm still using a full tank between light coming on both times. I'm in an Audi too like you but I can't see you getting 55 to 60 mpg driving it at 140 kmph.

As a test I drove to Limerick again and most of the way there I kept on inside motorway lane at 110 kmph with cruise control on and calculated it at exactly 5 litres per 100 kms or 56.4 mpg

That's the best I could get out of it but I was deliberately holding back

On the way back I drove it on and consumption dropped back to over 6 l per 100 kms.

Still happy with the car though and the consumption

Have you got the emissions recall done to your car?

My car is chipped too. She is getting 5 to 6 mpg more after being chipped.
    The other difference is yours is an A6 v my A4.

If i ran at 110kmph all the way to dublin from limerick id be at 4.6 or 4.7 l per 100 km

Emissions were done alright. Is yours auto or manual?
    Are autos still slightly heavier on fuel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Turnrew

Do.people still draindown the fuel tank?

I though that wasn't recommended

650km 55l tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Current skoda superb ~525-600 miles per tank depending on driving style

Emissions were done alright. Is yours auto or manual?
    Are autos still slightly heavier on fuel?

No emissions recall done here.
    You hear reports of fuel economy and power getting worse after that.

Mine is manual .
    No idea if autos are heavier.
    It could depend on the type of auto boxes too

Advertisement