Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Arsenal do sign Pepe and Zaha that will be a very tidy front 4 they will have.

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Zaha with Ozil pulling the strings .

Still with a no defence thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

If Arsenal do sign Pepe and Zaha that will be a very tidy front 4 they will have.

They'll hardly sign both of them. Presume it's one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

McManaman was a class player!

I'm too young to have seen him play so wouldn't even know, was just thinking of England attacking mids who weren't world beaters and he just came to mind for whatever reason I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

McManaman was a class player!

Went to real in the period of the galacticos too and never looked out of place. Class player he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

rob316 wrote: »
    Went to real in the period of the galacticos too and never looked out of place. Class player he was

Was awful at city, his debut aside which he looked abs amazing in. The best debut i have seen from a city player, even better than Agueros in 2011!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm too young to have seen him play so wouldn't even know, was just thinking of England attacking mids who weren't world beaters and he just came to mind for whatever reason I don't know

Superb mazy dribbler, always expected something to happen when he got on the ball, it's quite the insult to bracket him with Stewart f'ing Downing!! I'll put in down to you being young and naive and let it slide this one time!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Chelsea fan banned for life:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/30/chelsea-ban-fan-life-racial-abuse-raheem-sterling

Well they've certainly changed their tune with regards to lip reading and civil standard of proof!

Is Poch having a go at Levy with his comments last night saying his title should be coach not manager.

He also said transfers and contracts are out of his hands.

Does he want out ?

Especially following his comments at the end of last season that he would leave if he had won the Champions League.

He doesn’t seem happy there looking in from the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is Poch having a go at Levy with his comments last night saying his title should be coach not manager.

He also said transfers and contracts are out of his hands.

Does he want out ?

I'd say he was promised 3 or 4 signings this summer after last year to help them push on and now Levy seems to be holding out.

Got Ndombele done early to appease the fans and all gone quiet now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wonder if some extra business was contingent on players leaving? Eriksen was heavily rumoured to go, Danny Rose and Alderweireld too. Trippier is gone but maybe Levy was waiting for some extra money to come in before green lighting deals.

Or maybe Poch is just putting the fire under him because it's late in the window and he really wants a new right back or something similar.

• Advertisement

I wonder if some extra business was contingent on players leaving? Eriksen was heavily rumoured to go, Danny Rose and Alderweireld too. Trippier is gone but maybe Levy was waiting for some extra money to come in before green lighting deals.

Or maybe Poch is just putting the fire under him because it's late in the window and he really wants a new right back or something similar.

They were meant to be getting Sessigion (or however you spell it) but even that's ground to a halt. Fulham and the player were supposed to have agreed to the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Superb mazy dribbler, always expected something to happen when he got on the ball, it's quite the insult to bracket him with Stewart f'ing Downing!! I'll put in down to you being young and naive and let it slide this one time!

I'll hold my hands up to that, not many attacking players will play 36 times and only get 2 assists like Downing so he's a special special case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They were meant to be getting Sessigion (or however you spell it) but even that's ground to a halt. Fulham and the player were supposed to have agreed to the transfer.

That was heavily rumoured last summer too. Seems to be a matter of when, not if, but maybe the Jack Clarke deal scuppered it? Both are young left-wingers ... :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs add Sessegnon and a right-back before the window closes. If that happens and they hold onto Eriksen, Rose, Alderweireld, etc, they've had a great window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Saturday 5 October 2019
    12:30 Brighton v Spurs (BT Sport)
    17:30 West Ham v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Sunday 6 October 2019
    14:00 Southampton v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
    TBC Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth*
    16:30 Newcastle v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
    *Moved due to Arsenal's UEFA Europa League participation

Saturday 19 October 2019
    12:30 Everton v West Ham (BT Sport)
    17:30 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*
    *May move to 16:30 on Sunday 20 October because of UEFA Champions League participation the following Tuesday

Sunday 20 October 2019
    16:30 Crystal Palace v Man City (Sky Sports)*
    *May move to 17:30 on Saturday 19 October because of UEFA Champions League participation the following Tuesday

Monday 21 October 2019
    20:00 Sheff Utd v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Friday 25 October 2019
    20:00 Southampton v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Saturday 26 October 2019
    12:30 Man City v Aston Villa (BT Sport)
    17:30 Burnley v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Sunday 27 October 2019
    14:00 Newcastle v Wolves (Sky Sports)
    16:30 Arsenal v Crystal Palace*
    16:30 Norwich v Man Utd*
    16:30 Liverpool v Spurs (Sky Sports)
    *Moved due to UEFA Europa League participation

Comparison of shirt sponsors for 92/93 and 19/20

https://imgur.com/gallery/KBRlBAa

Hard to see the league clamping down on Betting Companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool host Championship title winners in what could be a wild and woolly Anfield this evening at 8 PM.

Norwich are clearly happy with their squad as they barely spent a penny bolstering for life in the top flight. I'll admit to not knowing anything about them bar they also feature flying full backs and they picked up Swiss wide man Drmic and French midfielder Amadou, and in Finish international Teemu Pukki they have someone who knows where the goal is. Liverpool picked up Adrian as a free keeper, Sepp van Den Berg a centre back teenager for 2 million and ex Fulham teen hot shot Harvey Elliott for a tribunal fee yet to be decided.

Tonight they'll almost certainly start with Origi in for Mane but otherwise should be full strength with the likes of Milner, Ox Cham, Shaqiri and maybe Mane on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool to win to nil is almost printing money I reckon if you were a gambling man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool to win to nil is almost printing money I reckon if you were a gambling man

Decent odds of just under even money, but opening game and Norwich first Prem game I'd avoid it myself. VAR also a factor.

In saying that expecting it to be pretty comfortable for Liverpool 2/3 goals for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Wonder will Gary Cahill get a starting place at Crystal Palace?.....

Or will Martin Kelly start the season in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking forward to seeing how Aarons and Buendia fare this evening. I can see them having good seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Give them the trophy now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

And Liverpool are off with the momentum of a runaway freight train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

keano25 wrote: »
    And Liverpool are off with the momentum of a runaway freight train

Ah, I wouldn't read into this too much. Norwich are odds on for relegation and we all know that home games against teams outside the top six are score fests for Liverpool and Man City. It's a great game for Liverpool to start off with. I went for 5-0 but they'll probably get 7-0 or 8-0. Sky have this on freeview on Sky One. Would be interesting to see how many people have switched it off. Should have gone with Man United V Chelsea instead.

So Tyler say the richest league in the world doesn't have to resources to have VAR on site.

This is after he said the other leagues all have VAR on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So Tyler say the richest league in the world doesn't have to resources to have VAR on site.

Can't be putting the money into this side of it.

Is it even a VAR issue? Or is it just the communication between assistants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Such boll1x.

If only the linesman had some method of calling the refs attention if he need to, like say if he had a big, colourful flag in his fvcking hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If VAR or the associated technology goes down it just needs to be scrapped for the remainder, players, fans and officials can’t be standing around because of an IT problem or however you’d designate it.

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't be putting the money into this side of it.

Is it even a VAR issue? Or is it just the communication between assistants?

Apparently the linesman unit was creating static in the match officials communication system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

First game of the season and miss of the season, all season...Norwich are fûcked though they are now playing like they are about 3 divisions lower than where they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Feel more confident about Liverpool not conceding a stupid goal with Mignolet nowhere near the stadium. They didnt pay for him, but i reckon Adrian will do a job regardless.

Ah for gods sake.

Baggly wrote: »
    Feel more confident about Liverpool not conceding a stupid goal with Mignolet nowhere near the stadium. They didnt pay for him, but i reckon Adrian will do a job regardless.

Your some Wally :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very minor thing but anyone else dislike the way Sky now put up players names all in large capitals? Not great to read that way.

Lets see how far this goes.

Under no conditions will Fulham be promoted back to the PL this season.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Norwich will do well enough against teams in the bottom half to stay up, if they keep playing like that. Was very impressed with Aarons at right back, he was always left exposed but still managed to get in the way more of Liverpool more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Norwich won the second half 0-1. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool with a 3 point lead at the top of the league.

It'll be some bottle job if they don't win it from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

FitzShane wrote: »
    Liverpool with a 3 point lead at the top of the league.

Honestly is that horses corpse not rotted and beaten enough yet?

FitzShane wrote:

Theirs to lose from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This is why I’m not a gambling man

Mourinho has joined Sky as a match analyst. Should be interesting, debuts tomorrow for united vs Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mourinho has joined Sky as a match analyst. Should be interesting, debuts tomorrow for united vs Chelsea.

Surprised they didn't announce it on Thursday for Deadline Day with a reveal video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

He must be struggling to pay the bills, been out of a job awhile now.

Big fall from grace, clearly no job offers out there still it'll be more insightful than redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Him and souness discussing Pogba should be eh..... interesting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man City v West Ham

EBmhu2LXkAEjYQ8.jpg

and West Ham
    Fabianski, Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell, Rice, Wilshere, Lanzini, Antonio, Anderson, Haller.

Substitutes: Roberto, Zabaleta, Ogbonna, Fornals, Snodgrass, Yarmolenko, Chicarito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

We should see a different side to him as pundit, he was great at pointing the finger and blaming others in his last managerial role, hopefully he doesn't lose this trait during punditry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

This is why I’m not a gambling man

I did call it :pac:

Pukki looked decent for Norwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Are the 3pm games still on Sky this season? Heading to Croke Park and wondering if there’ll be anything other than the big massive rugby friendly test on the telly in the pub.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement