Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet Stolen

Options
  • 22-05-2019 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

If you can keep a look out on done deal and the usual sites!

I was in Baldoyle Dublin Maxol Station, trying to figure out why bike won't start, helmet on the ground beside me, teen in a grey track suit comes behind me and grabs it, ran to a navy S40 volvo about 100 yards away

Guards looked at CCTV, a navy S40 Volvo was getting air beside me, I noticed the guy looking, getting the air gun, not the car model, just it was navy, was working on the bike, checking for fuel, spark...

CCTV showed two guys behind me looking at me after they finished with the air, car left and a 3rd person who must of been in the car, came back, sneaked up behind me and robbed the helmet, ran down the road about 100 yards and got in the navy S40 Volvo, walkers by where shouting at me, where he went, we saw him get in the car, CCTV captured the registration

Railway crossing is fitted with ANPR camera systems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What a scumbag move! Sorry to hear that.

I'm usually creeping on donedeal and adverts, if it comes up ill drop you a line on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I hope he has no luck the fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭clodola

Thanks!

will need to get something , keep the lid attached to me at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

That is sh!!ty op. Ill be honest, everytime I leave my helmet and gloves out at the pump whilst paying in the garage I watch it like a hawk. Its not so much I think it will be robbed for value but just out of devilment. If I have a car of scroats parked in the forecourt ill bring my gear in the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aido43

That's ****e--Im always wary of leaving lid on bike while I pay for fuel--don't do it unless I can see at all times. Pure scumbags who will probably **** the lid in the sea .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Probably be used in a robbery...the bronze wont do anything until after the robbery...:rolleyes:...it'll probably get fcuked in a hedge or bin

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭clodola

Helmet was literally 1 meter from me at all times but fuel did spill from the tank when working on it

Did not have the lid closer due to potential of more fuel coming out, but never left it either

Just was too occupied trying to fix the thing than my surroundings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

That's some ****ty behaviour to be honest.

Could have been trying to rob the bike, take your helmet, hope you either give chase or leave your bike there overnight so they can come back to take it.

Advertisement