Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for CID as an Associate Lecturer

Options
  • 22-05-2019 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm seeking some information/advice regarding CID.

I know the period has been reduced to two years but I'm not sure if I qualify for that yet. I've been working as a lab assistant/associate lecturer in the same college since September 2015. However from November 2016 to November 2017 I was also registered as a postgraduate student in the college. During this period, I continued to work as an associate lecturer but I had to do 3 hours of free lecturing work a week as per the postgraduate guideline in the institute (10 hours a week first semester, get paid for 7 and 13 hours a week second semester, get paid for 10). I subsequently transferred to a PHD in another University in November 2017 so I was no longer classified as a postgraduate student in that college and no longer had to give up 3 hours a week but have continued to teach there for between 8-15 hours a week in semester.

I don't know if I am able to apply for CID now before the next academic year or if I have to wait until the next academic year to do so. I have never received a contract of employment even though I have filled in commencement forms in the past. I know of other associate lecturers in the past who have requested contracts from the HR department and they have refused. I'm afraid if I approach the HR department now about applying for CID or enquiring about my contract that they will block me from teaching there next semester if they know that I need one more semester to apply for CID.

Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated.

Advertisement