Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

thos wrote: »
    Any S/X owners with EAP getting Smart Summon available to them? I know it's still quite hamstrung, but still a small step forward.

I got it recently in my 172 Model S 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭carloscorreia

Model Y gets CARB certification - first deliveries may happen in a month time (using M3 timeline)

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-carb-certification-hints-imminent-delivery/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/german-court-halts-work-on-teslas-car-factory/ar-BB103Wft?ocid=spartanntp

Genuine concerns or the Germans ****ting it over the decline of their economic dependence on ICE vehicles

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Typical over regulation nonsense

Build it here, elon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ELM327 wrote: »
    Typical over regulation nonsense

Build it here, elon!

Right next to the Apple data centre!

Chaps (and ladies?)

Humor me for a minute.
    What would you value my car at?
    2016 MS90D facelift, 165k km, AP1, midnight silver with pano roof, cold pack etc.

Have my eye on something and would like to think I'd get a fair bit more than the tesla trade in offer of 36k!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Chaps (and ladies?)

Humor me for a minute.
    2016 MS90D facelift, 165k km, AP1, midnight silver with pano roof, cold pack etc.

Have my eye on something and would like to think I'd get a fair bit more than the tesla trade in offer of 36k!?

In one way it's very little money for a 90D facelift.

But it's a hard sell at 36k (and the garage it goes to will need a profit) for a car with 165km and no warranty.

I don't see anything on autotrader to compare with (all the facelifts are lower mileage and specs).

The cheapest Tesla on carzone is €44,900 for a 70D with 115km. You obviously beat that car any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Chaps (and ladies?)

Humor me for a minute.

A new MSLR is 90k, with 20% more range from new.
    A new Model 3LR is about 60k, with a bit less range but faster rapid charging. I know they're not perfectly comparable cars, but there is no doubt in my mind that the availability of the Model 3 has suppressed used values of the Model S.

I'm planning to do a bit less mileage with my Model 3 and expecting it to lose 50% in the first three years, but I expect to hold onto it until it dies.

I'd advertise for 45k and see what the interest is like.

Agree with the above points, and that 70D has been there for some time.
    45-47k is palatable as it leaves me with little loss, 36k is out of the question.

Will sleep on it and see what to do. I might contact the chap in Navan and see if they have any info or anyone looking for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Agree with the above points, and that 70D has been there for some time.
    45-47k is palatable as it leaves me with little loss, 36k is out of the question.

Will sleep on it and see what to do. I might contact the chap in Navan and see if they have any info or anyone looking for one.

Lovely car. I'm obviously interested in getting a Model 3/CPO second hand MS and am half tempted. For me the closer the price is to a new Model 3 veers me towards waiting a bit longer and getting a M3..

Thanks, that's good feedback.
    I was in a similar boat last year when buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What new car are you eyeing up and would they not take a trade in of your Model S (in a decent deal)?

Very hard to sell an out of warranty car privately for EUR40k +

Did you get the MCU replaced before the warranty ran out? That could possibly ease the pain a bit for a potential private buyer who is probably aware that is the biggest / most expensive / most common issue on these cars out of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Lovely car. I'm obviously interested in getting a Model 3/CPO second hand MS and am half tempted. For me the closer the price is to a new Model 3 veers me towards waiting a bit longer and getting a M3..

I'd be similar, it's no doubt a lovely car and would be something i'd consider at the 36ish mark but when over 40k and closer to the model 3 price, i think i'd wait to get a new m3 or see if any used come about in the uk later in the year.

As you no doubt know,It's very hard to sell a car of that value privately out of warrantly and probably even harder as evs are still such a niche product, selling through a garage but then having to allow them a cut of the sale would seem the best option.

On another note, even though i regularly look at the 2nd hand market here, does there seem to be much demand for used model S, i seem to see the same cars for sale for a long time now and definetely at prices that would make a model 3 a no brainer.

unkel wrote: »
    What new car are you eyeing up and would they not take a trade in of your Model S (in a decent deal)?

Very hard to sell an out of warranty car privately for EUR40k +

Did you get the MCU replaced before the warranty ran out? That could possibly ease the pain a bit for a potential private buyer who is probably aware that is the biggest / most expensive / most common issue on these cars out of warranty.
    They don't take Teslas (or EVs) in trade ins so no, they wouldnt take it at all!

I didnt get the MCU replaced either, it's been much better since what they updated at the service center ... but they said it's on record if it happens again, Id be angling for goodwill gesture even though out of warranty.

So, what I was looking at has sold. It was a hummer H2 v8.
    I've decided to take that as a sign and stick with the S for another year and revisit in 12 months.

So, what I was looking at has sold. It was a hummer H2 v8.

Your fuel bill would have been bigger than your mortgage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Is there any update on new superchargers for Sandyford, Enfield and Athenry?

Is there any evidence of ground works or even planning permissions applied for or approved?

Your fuel bill would have been bigger than your mortgage

In fairness the mortgage is less than half the Tesla payment so I'm ok with that.
    Am going to wait and enjoy the S for another year and see what happens then. Have a large share package vesting in March next year so that will clear most of the Tesla balance and can move on at that point.

Probably to a non-EV unless the cybertruck is available or used Xs with MCU2 and HW3 come down in price.

WattsUp wrote: »
    Is there any update on new superchargers for Sandyford, Enfield and Athenry?

Is there any evidence of ground works or even planning permissions applied for or approved?
    Nothing

Enfield has been on the list for at least 3 years now.
    The others arent really that important but enfield eastbound would be a good spot for an SuC.
    I can't imagine many people pulling off the M50 and going to the SC for supercharging. Athenry is not too far from the first ESB hub and also Athlone Ionity is on the way if coming from Dublin.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on this one ?

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7H18EFP65149?redirect=no

2014 Model S85 £33,900
    36,059 miles

Key Features

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
    19" Wheels
    Black Leather Seats
    Autopilot Hardware
    Smart Air Suspension
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    Keyless Entry
    Power Liftgate
    GPS Enabled Homelink
    Piano Black Décor
    Matching Yacht Floor
    Black Headliner

CONs:
    no AP (as it shows "hardware"), this will add ~2k
    Non facelift model
    RWD

PRO:
    Low miles
    Good price

CONs:
    no AP (as it shows "hardware"), this will add ~2k
    Non facelift model
    RWD

PRO:
    Low miles
    Good price

Not having AP software installed should mean lower VRT?

Nope, won't make a difference.

Nope, won't make a difference.

Hmm,

If you bought a car without Autopilot software, surely it's market value is lower than that of a car with AP ==> lower VRT to be paid.

One would assume so. But it's only saving VRT on €2k to €3k (the exact price to activate seems to be a state secret).

Good price

GBP34k a good price for a non-AP 2014 Model S? I think it's ludicrously overpriced!

jhegarty wrote: »
    One would assume so. But it's only saving VRT on €2k to €3k (the exact price to activate seems to be a state secret).

The car is too old for "options" to be considered.

GBP34k a good price for a non-AP 2014 Model S? I think it's ludicrously overpriced!

it's a non-AP *enabled* as opposed to non-AP car

Aye so add say GBP2k, no discount from Tesla and you're up to GBP36k

Mad money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Concern for me on buying a 2014, is that it's only got 2yrs of the 8yr battery/drive warranty remaining, so it becomes a riskier purchase for subsequent resell into 2022.

Advertisement