Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

Gotcha yeah I am in no rush to sell to be honest. May end up keeping it in the end. You cannot go wrong in a ludicrous car. It will keep up or destroy cars over first 500m that cost upwards of quarter of a million. Fastest practical family car ever🀣.

You only live once is the way I look at it so wouldn’t worry too much on the depreciation!!
    drumm23 wrote: »
    Thanks, looks great - problem is I have a luxo barge to trade which won't be easy to off load on DD and makes the dealer route my best option probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

Just need to organise one... people will come!!
    Gumbo wrote: »
    Where are you based?
    Pity there’s no active Tesla meet ups to come have a chat and a look around the cars before making the plunge.

I have a P85+ and I tell you now, I won’t be selling until a P85D or above is affordable to me so I’m very jealous (in a good way) on you PD owners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

slave1 wrote: »
    ..and they give such poor trade in value here, a would bepurchaser from Tesla Ireland would be better off selling privately

Sandyford would need to change their business model for sure.

They need some kind of used car expert on hand to work out some sort of competitive bid for trade ins.

Would be nice (in the future) to be able to buy a 3 to 4 year Model 3 with some form of official link to Tesla.

Rather then having to buy them randomly in the normal non franchised network.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Old diesel wrote: »
    Sandyford would need to change their business model for sure.

They need some kind of used car expert on hand to work out some sort of competitive bid for trade ins.

Nope. Tesla don't take trade ins. And they don't have sales men doing an individual deal with you earning commission. You buy on line, pay full price, no discount.

It's a new way of selling cars, they do this globally. They are not going to change this. If you have a trade in when you buy a Tesla, either sell it privately or dump it into the trade yourself (or let Tesla dump it into the trade for you). And if you prefer the old ways, then just buy another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

unkel wrote: »
    Nope. Tesla don't take trade ins. And they don't have sales men doing an individual deal with you earning commission. You buy on line, pay full price, no discount.

It's a new way of selling cars, they do this globally. They are not going to change this. If you have a trade in when you buy a Tesla, either sell it privately or dump it into the trade yourself (or let Tesla dump it into the trade for you). And if you prefer the old ways, then just buy another car.

Yeah ... but a car isn't like a pair of shoes. The Tesla model has "worked" because the cars are so much better than the competition (EV wise) ... I don't think it works if/when the competition catch up. But we will see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

What's the consensus on AP1 v. AP2 then? I was impressed with the AP1 in the car I test drove but from reading online you are not going to receive any updates whereas AP2 keeps improving ... but are the improvements that significant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

drumm23 wrote: »
    AP2 keeps improving ... but are the improvements that significant?

That's entirely subjective at present IMO, but obviously the possibility is there for big advances into the future. I personally don't see it advancing the way Elon is promising & think adaptive cruise control with good lane keeping & stop/start in traffic is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I hope everyone has a good stock of popcorn in for battery day tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

jhegarty wrote: »

Any idea what time the Battery Day bit starts? Stockholder meeting is at 21:30 Irish time, is that likely to go on 1/2/3/4 hours anybody know?

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Any idea what time the Battery Day bit starts? Stockholder meeting is at 21:30 Irish time, is that likely to go on 1/2/3/4 hours anybody know?

I think the stock holders meeting was 2 hours last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1000km battery.
    Sticking with LG units.
    No real production volumes until 2022.

Someone posted that on Twitter yesterday.

I think the stock holders meeting was 2 hours last year.

Well past my bedtime, will have to watch over breakfast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

1000km battery.
    Sticking with LG units.

So, vaporware?

Tbh I have low expectations, I don't think we will see anything fundamentally new or game changing here. In fact I welcomed the step down in battery tech that the Chinese Model 3 have been using. Cheaper, but slightly heavier batteries.

Tbh I have low expectations, I don't think we will see anything fundamentally new or game changing here.

Yes I have the same expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Smck1983 wrote: »
    Yes selling my P85DL. Big advantage is I still have 2 years and 60K Klms warranty left. Give me a shout if interested.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/p85d-ludicrous-upgrade-0-60-2-8-secs/25859097
    your add is let down by the lack of photos\ poor photos.

Aim low and you won't be disappointed!

Likewise expecting something immediate but not life changing, or significant but on a 2-3 year timeline which let's be honest you hear about new battery tech most weeks.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Aim low and you won't be disappointed!

Likewise expecting something immediate but not life changing, or significant but on a 2-3 year timeline which let's be honest you hear about new battery tech most weeks.

It will mostly be a stunt to boost shares.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's mainly going to be bigger/better batteries for the Semi/Cyber/Roadster isn't it???

With those batteries eventually rolling down into the 3/S/Y in years to come.

I fully anticipate that if/when I buy another Tesla in 10 years or so, there'll be a 1,000km range version available.

It will mostly be a stunt to boost shares.

If the shares get boosted any further, they will reach Mars before Space X does :p

• Advertisement

If the shares get boosted any further, they will reach Mars before Space X does :p

Not a good time to buy then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Buy shares today.
    Watch release.
    Sell tomorrow.

Any flaws to my plan ??,

Buy shares today.
    Watch release.
    Sell tomorrow.

Any flaws to my plan ??,

Buy shares today.
    Watch release.
    Sell tomorrow.
    Order Model 3 Performance with the profits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

1000km battery.
    Sticking with LG units.

Say that 1000km battery will be the Roadster 2

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Probably the new structure which is likely to be shared between the semi, the cybertruck, and the roadster. All of which could not be released with 100kWh packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Looks like I can't get the car transported to the Belfast service centre yet, they said its only for new cars.

Does anyone know any good and preferably cheap car collection and transport companies seeing as I can't get to mainland UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Buy shares today.
    Watch release.
    Sell tomorrow.

Any flaws to my plan ??,

The shares are dropping in price today and even Elon Musk has stated that Tesla is overpriced.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Put "car transporter" into DoneDeal and phone them all up, there's no cowboys in that game so whomever is the cheapest...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

NVD used to do this quite reasonably

• Advertisement

For anyone who needs the link : https://livestream.tesla.com/

tmpS_CmQp.jpg

Advertisement