Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Probably most suitable here - Tesla are the ones making these claims of full autonomous self driving, in the next few months......

Tesla-biden-self-driving-cars-regulation

Fairly critical of Tesla, as a company :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's a whole lot of nothing new in that article. Plenty of open doors though. No, auto pilot as available today is not an auto pilot system, it's a misleading term. It's only level 2 autonomous driving, like many other manufacturers offer. And yes, we do need more clarity to who is in the beta (FSD) program. The author missed an opportunity there, he did not explore that

unkel wrote: »
    There's a whole lot of nothing new in that article.

Well, Biden was in the title & Tesla so good clickbait :pac:.

In fairness though, it's tantamount to Toyota's claims of self driving hybrids. Tesla derive sales from the full self driving claims & they are beta testing functionality of 2.5 tonne weapons on public roads :eek: (too strong?).

That said, my BMW auto emergency braked for the first time ever today, in approaching two years of ownership. It nearly put me through the windscreen, thank Gawd for seatbelts - some stopping power in the M-Sport brakes :eek:.
    I drove the Model 3 this evening & it phantom braked several times in a 100km round trip.

Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/5YJX202_2ca6f8e3381704dd1358d126c771ba4b?token=$2y$10$F7uzK83Qcw10iNwVnGtay.DOR/Kbww2xkliZiS/nrohlxJeoCKCWq&postal=C15&coord=53.6534,-6.6818&redirect=no

TO counter my recent negative experience with tesla, here's probably my dream car before that, with a significant chunk (€26k) already depreciated, yet being sold as new - with new 4/8 year warranties beginning from collection date.

4 years or 80k km. Pre COVID that would have only been 1.5 years for you :eek:

Go test drive one in Sandyford next time you're in Dublin. I wasn't too charmed with the X at first, even the P I test drove. But after having one for the guts of 3 weeks I kinda got a feel for it. Very practical family bus and of course in the P version you're quicker than a Ferrari :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

ELM327 wrote: »
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/5YJX202_2ca6f8e3381704dd1358d126c771ba4b?token=$2y$10$F7uzK83Qcw10iNwVnGtay.DOR/Kbww2xkliZiS/nrohlxJeoCKCWq&postal=C15&coord=53.6534,-6.6818&redirect=no

TO counter my recent negative experience with tesla, here's probably my dream car before that, with a significant chunk (€26k) already depreciated, yet being sold as new - with new 4/8 year warranties beginning from collection date.

Any indication how old it is? I couldn't see it in the ad.

markpb wrote: »
    Any indication how old it is? I couldn't see it in the ad.

The title of the page says "2019 Model X Tesla"

Base Model X performance is now just €109k brand new though. I'd rather get a 2021 car for just €12k more than the 2019 if I were to spend that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

Ah, thanks! iOS Safari hides useful things like the page titles on the tab where they’re not so visible if you have a few tabs open.

97k doesn’t seem great for what will soon be a 2 year MX-P. Especially not the 7 seat version.

markpb wrote: »
    Ah, thanks! iOS Safari hides useful things like the page titles on the tab where they’re not so visible if you have a few tabs open.

97k doesn’t seem great for what will soon be a 2 year MX-P. Especially not the 7 seat version.

It is the 7 seat, white interior - exactly what I want.
    The reason it becomes appetising is that on this version the repayments are ~1200 per month as opposed to 1500+ on the new new one, while you're still getting the 4/8 warranties starting as if it were new.

4 years or 80k km. Pre COVID that would have only been 1.5 years for you :eek:

Go test drive one in Sandyford next time you're in Dublin. I wasn't too charmed with the X at first, even the P I test drove. But after having one for the guts of 3 weeks I kinda got a feel for it. Very practical family bus and of course in the P version you're quicker than a Ferrari :p

Yes but now it would be 3-4 years, thankfully!
    In the new year I may do this.

Why does a 100k car with 12k km get traded in? And 980.00 doc fee? Did they not get that already for this car?

• Advertisement

Also, and this always bothers me, why is it not photos of the car - why is it artist impression?

Why does a 100k car with 12k km get traded in? And 980.00 doc fee? Did they not get that already for this car?

It's from inventory so probably ex demo

Also, and this always bothers me, why is it not photos of the car - why is it artist impression?
    The UK CPO site has actual photos, just us poor paddys dont get it!

It's from inventory so probably ex demo

The UK CPO site has actual photos, just us poor paddys dont get it!

Cheers! Would have thought exdemo would be in the ad. But the images thing is nonsense. Surely they should have pictures of the actual car.

But the images thing is nonsense. Surely they should have pictures of the actual car.

That's the Tesla way. It's Tesla's way, or the highway :D.

It's really like buying a duvet set from Argos, click & collect. Just it's a €100k car.

It's the future :confused:.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's today

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    It's today

People who live in the past wouldn't agree :D

People who live in the past wouldn't agree :D

It's gonna be a bleak future for car enthusiasts when every car on the road is the same & you'll just order your car on your app.
    There'll be no character in the cars, just monotonous repetitive clones (all white - it's the cheapest) droning about the place, noiseless, apart from the AI drone mandated for pedestrian safety.

It would get you down thinking about it.

I need some brightening up after this, think I'll stick on a good movie later, Orwell's 1984 should do the trick :D.

Elon better throw something nice on everyone's Teslas for Christmas. It's been such a bad year for everyone, apart from him - 2nd richest man on the planet now :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kramer wrote: »
    It's gonna be a bleak future for car enthusiasts
    It's been a fairly bleak past the last couple of decades. Ireland has been actively and passively hostile to high performance or unusual cars through a combination of VRT and inept insurance industry.

IMO the current and future is quite rosy. Zero exhaust emissions level the playing field, and fast electric cars are at no less efficient than slow ones. What's not to like?

EV and ICE restomods will keep the rich enthusiastics well served, and less rich ones can keep the best bits of the ICE fleet going.

Lumen wrote: »
    It's been a fairly bleak past the last couple of decades.

+1

One of the main reasons for me to switch to an EV for the family car was that there were no decent second hand higher end family size petrol cars to be got anymore by 2015. And I refused to go diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

LFP problems

https://insideevs.com/news/458229/tesla-skipped-testing-lfp-model-3-china/

Article is a bit all over the place. Has anyone come across a European range test of the LFP Model 3?

• Advertisement

+1

One of the main reasons for me to switch to an EV for the family car was that there were no decent second hand higher end family size petrol cars to be got anymore by 2015. And I refused to go diesel.
    There were plenty, you'd have had to have imported them though

There were plenty, you'd have had to have imported them though

Nope. Only decent one within budget that I could find at the time was a BMW 550i (obviously in the UK, 99.9% of all the F10 sold here were 520d :p) and that was not on the VRT calculator, so huge risk of bringing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Lumen wrote: »
    LFP problems

https://insideevs.com/news/458229/tesla-skipped-testing-lfp-model-3-china/

Article is a bit all over the place. Has anyone come across a European range test of the LFP Model 3?

Obviously they will have to address that, if that is going to be an issue.

Either way, we won't be seeing any LFP Teslas in Ireland or the UK in the foreseeable future, as all irish and UK RHD cars will continue to come from Freemont. That was confirmed by Tesla staff in Dublin, when I spoke with them yesterday.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Either way, we won't be seeing any LFP Teslas in Ireland or the UK in the foreseeable future, as all irish and UK RHD cars will continue to come from Freemont. That was confirmed by Tesla staff in Dublin, when I spoke with them yesterday.

I wouldn't take their word for it.

That article is a load of FUD and old news anyway. Range on the GOM is never a good reflection on what you will get, it depends on too many factors. Same in any car, not just EVs and not just Teslas. And in China they use the totally unrealistic NEDC range, so of course the real life range is far, far less. The EPA range in the USA, or to a lesser extent our own WLTP range are better reflections of real range. As long as you don't drive much at motor way speeds. Or in winter :p

I wouldn't take their word for it.

Sure. But so far all recent deliveries in the UK still have come from Freemont.

/M

More to the point, what were you doing talking to Tesla Sandyford yesterday? :eek: :D:p

More to the point, what were you doing talking to Tesla Sandyford yesterday? :eek: :D:p

Finally getting a test drive in the yoke that you've been hogging recently :p And they didn't even bother to put it in Chill mode.

/M

During my period with it, it fell out of the fixed chill mode somehow :D You sure it's the same car, 192D22577? I hope they cleaned it before giving it to you :p

Not a bad family bus, got quite fond of it in my nearly 3 weeks with it. But personally I would prefer the P model. Still glad I got my own Model S back though.

If you're going over for a test drive, you might as well drive all they've got. I test drove Model 3 P, Model S P and Model X P all on the same day earlier this year, all brand new 2020 cars too. Very impressed with the Model 3 P as an overall package (and of course the outrageous launch mode of the Cheetah stance update Model S P)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Marlow wrote: »
    Obviously they will have to address that, if that is going to be an issue.

/M

I wouldn't believe what Tesla's Irish staff say on the topic of Teslas global supply chain plans. Tesla China will supply Australia and NZ, both left driving countries, so given 10 European countries will be getting made in China vehicles it would seem very unlikely UK and Ireland alone would get US made vehicles.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe what Tesla's Irish staff say on the topic of Teslas global supply chain plans. Tesla China will supply Australia and NZ, both left driving countries, so given 10 European countries will be getting made in China vehicles it would seem very unlikely UK and Ireland alone would get US made vehicles.

And I'm not sure why anyone would consider it a bad thing either. I wouldn't be surprised if a Chinese made Model 3 is better built than a US made Model 3.

Lots of benefits having LiFeP04 batteries too. No cobalt for starters and non-combustible too.

Advertisement