Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ted1 wrote: »
    So about €9,500 cheaper by house than the government are paying for the national broadband scheme

That's another scandal, like the children's hospital. Very easy for these politicians to spend other people's money :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Two interesting inventory cars in Ireland now for sale.

2019 Model S LR, 66k, very good price of 66k

2017 Model X P100DL for 88k, lovely spec

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ELM327 wrote: »

I had that X for a few days last week. Lovely car. Few little dings on it here and there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They've an old school SR+ for €45k as well... only 295km on the clock..

a few grand less for an American built car with the non LFP battery!!

Gumbo wrote: »
    I had that X for a few days last week. Lovely car. Few little dings on it here and there.

I'd love it, we are actively getting mortgage ready though so I can't even think about it for the next while. It's almost my dream spec being a 6 seater

(Dream spec would have white interior and midnight silver metallic paint)

I'm pretty sure the S was the loaner I had last year too, a 192 D white LR with black interior.

Also, as the X is being sold as "inventory" and not "used", you get the new car warranty reset to the day you take delivery
    Limited Warranty
    4 Years / 80,000 total kilometers
    Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty
    8 Years / 240,000 total kilometers
    Starting from your delivery date, warranties are valid for the listed duration or total odometer mileage, whichever comes first

They've an old school SR+ for €45k as well... only 295km on the clock..

a few grand less for an American built car with the non LFP battery!!

I wouldnt buy an SR+ but if I was considering it, that would be the one to have.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt buy an SR+ but if I was considering it, that would be the one to have.

I think if/when we go again, whenever that might be, I'd go for the LR version.

I think if/when we go again, whenever that might be, I'd go for the LR version.

That's the one that I wouldn't buy :p

Either the budget is tight and you'll get the SR+ and make do with the range. Or go the extra few grand and get the best value one of the lot, the P

And the new M3P will have a bigger battery than the LR by the looks of Bjorn's videos

unkel wrote: »
    That's the one that I wouldn't buy :p

Either the budget is tight and you'll get the SR+ and make do with the range. Or go the extra few grand and get the best value one of the lot, the P

Well of course,

but when discussing it with the OH, the sensible hat must be worn, and we decide on the LR.

but when the time comes, I'll find the extra ~€5k, and an excuse to go for a P.
    "honest darling, the LR would have taken 5 months to be delivered, the P just landed off the boat!!!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That Model S now €69k

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you look at the first 3 Inventory Model 3's, they are all SR+ RWD on 18s but have 409kms/430kms/448kms range????

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    That Model S now €69k

That fcuker Elon linking his prices to Bitcoin now :D

slave1 wrote: »
    If you look at the first 3 Inventory Model 3's, they are all SR+ RWD on 18s but have 409kms/430kms/448kms range????

409 km is original US made SR+
    430 km is the above with a heat pump
    448 km is Chinese version

LiFePo4 FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Gumbo wrote: »
    That fcuker Elon linking his prices to Bitcoin now :D

Up to €76k now!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

bf wrote: »
    Up to €76k now!

Think that's a different model S, the other one for 66k was a white car with 16kms on it 2019 LR I think

Have a loaner M3 SR+ for the day, and I have to say I love AP3 compared to mine. It's so much better than it was the last time I had a loaner.
    The 3, and this is the first time Ive had an extended drive, is a lovely car. More wind noise on the motorway than the S but I could absolutely have this.

Try a Model 3 Performance, drive it in anger with track mode on set to strong RWD bias with drivers aids set to minimal on some challenging roads and then you can be really impressed. Gem of a car. Incredible what Tesla have done there. I laughed a little when Musk said years ago that the Model 3 Performance would be on a par with a BMW M3 around a track. I'm not laughing anymore...

Ah if I'm spending that money I want a premium Tesla not a 3/y.

This car for 40k odd, knocks the likes of the eniro, ID etc out of the park.

And there's one there now for €45k, made in the good old US of A...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

Have a loaner M3 SR+ for the day, and I have to say I love AP3 compared to mine.

Do you have 2.0? What differences are there, especially if you don't have FSD?

I have AP1 with the original EAP (so lane change and basic summon). I had a loaner S in 2020 and 2019 with ap3 and ap2.5 respectively.

The 3 had FSD free trial visualization but NoAP was working perfectly. Even took the roundabout coming off the M3 as I was taking the first exit. It is planted in the lane compared to AP1 and takes turns way better and less prone to disengaging. There was a time when AP1 was better or equal to AP2-3 but those days are long passed now IMO. Bar a couple of phantom braking issues, the car is perfect when it comes to "on ramp to off ramp" FSD already, ypo can see the constraints are only regulatory ones. I reckon that without the nag and the regulations it could have driven me from the M50 on ramp to the entrance to my estate totally hands off. You can definitely see the incremental improvements being made to teh AP software.

In case you can't tell, I'm genuinely impressed with the Baby Tesla - I was expecting it to be worse than an S, and it is in terms of wind noise and premium feel - but it's genuonely a great car. Only used 40% SOC going from Sandyford to Athboy aswell, so not too bad on the juice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

In case you can't tell, I'm genuinely impressed with the Baby Tesla.........Only used 40% SOC going from Sandyford to Athboy aswell, so not too bad on the juice either.

I presume it's the US built SR+? The one with the good battery?

:D.

How far is that? 80km? That would give it a 200km range - that's not great TBH, not much more than your old Ioniq, which had roughly half the battery capacity?

US built with no heat pump. I had the heat set to 22 and I stopped en route for 30 mins for a work call with the climate running.

It's exactly 80km door to door. So assuming linear pack capacity that's about 220km range 100 to 0, not great but I was doing 120km/h plus VAT for most of the trip as I was in a rush home for a meeting. Probably 250km realistically achievable.

If I drove my Ioniq like that, with no heat pump, I'd get 120km range.

And there's one there now for €45k, made in the good old US of A...
    Have you noticed in teh inventory that the USA made cars face one way in the photo and the chinese ones face the other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Have a loaner M3 SR+ for the day, and I have to say I love AP3 compared to mine. It's so much better than it was the last time I had a loaner.
    The 3, and this is the first time Ive had an extended drive, is a lovely car. More wind noise on the motorway than the S but I could absolutely have this.
    In case you can't tell, I'm genuinely impressed with the Baby Tesla - I was expecting it to be worse than an S, and it is in terms of wind noise and premium feel - but it's genuonely a great car.

Nah, stick to your guns ELM! :D
    This is my LAST Tesla. I will never again own one...

Regards

One angry ELM

Hey look man we're all allowed a vent when we're angry!!
    (PS I still think the service is sh1te but the cars aregreat, so there's nothing else out there)

Hey look man we're all allowed a vent when we're angry!!
    (PS I still think the service is sh1te but the cars aregreat, so there's nothing else out there)

I did figure you were having a bad day that day and like any good relationship you'd be willing to forgive! :)

One of the reasons why I wouldnt go Tesla is the service side of things. Its all well and good for those in leinster or all the others who own one around the country saying the car has been flawless but when the day comes that you do need a service centre its a disaster that there is only one in the country and its several hours away. Thats basically a full day gone taking the car up there and probably another one collecting it... Tesla rangers arent the answer either.

They need more service centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

KCross wrote: »
    They need more service centres.

& superchargers.....................coming sooooooooooooooon :pac:.

Our Model 3 has needed work since the day we collected it last July. The ranger rectified an issue but, as you say, it's some headache to get it up to Sandyford, arrange a loaner, get back home & repeat, arrange collection when finished.

It's 2 days really, for anyone in Cork/Limerick or even Galway.

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    Our Model 3 has needed work since the day we collected it last July. The ranger rectified an issue but, as you say, it's some headache to get it up to Sandyford, arrange a loaner, get back home & repeat, arrange collection when finished.

It's 2 days really, for anyone in Cork/Limerick or even Galway.

Even if they put one in Limerick, that would make it a bit more palatable for all of munster and even for those up as far as Galway.

If they were putting in two then Cork and Galway would make sense.

One for the whole country in Sandyford.... no thanks.

Advertisement