Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,352 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Funds are limited. Not going to add funds to my portfolio and was sick of looking at losses that are unlikely to suddenly turn into profits in the next year or two. Owning TSLA is at least a bit more exciting than owning the ones that I sold. I have made large quick profits in the past with TSLA, bigger and quicker than I've had with any other shares. Of course I should have just held onto my first bag, I would have been much better off now, but that's with glorious hindsight.

My portfolio is not an awful lot more than play money. If I lost it all, my life wouldn't be hugely different. In contrast, my pension fund is many times bigger, it is a managed fund, it is diversified and I can't touch it until retirement age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Hindsight is always 20/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Small money in mine too. Most shares are a boring loss. Single digit tsla shares in the mix. Made a few quid when they shot up earlier this year. I'm hoping astra space pays off with a big breakthrough. Shares are half a buck a piece and they already had a successful launch. Worth a punt.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Ah ok, thank you clarifying it’s just for fun and nothing at all serious/important.

6.96kwp South facing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks “Ask Paul”.

It was serious enough for you to get your knickers in a twist about 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Indeed, the realised losses can be offset against future gains, so this has created a buffer that will give me several years of not having to pay CGT even if I make decent returns as I will partially release them into these losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

This thread is mental - moderators jumping up and down on the heads of anyone who dares share a Tesla opinion (it’s a message board lads), which is obviously discouraging any further posts - as evidenced across Boards traffic these days really.

I’ve been here since 2005 and don’t really post any more.

I make my living in stocks lads, have done so since 2007, managing my own portfolio after a career in the Tech industry, but some Muskateer moderators on an old message forum (using play money!) are gonna make me see the error of my ways apparently.

my risk profile and investment thesis means I don’t touch Tesla, but the method to valuing it isn’t any different.

It’s mildly interesting, at best, to watch the movement in the TSLA price and what causes it, that’s the only point I was trying to make.

I’ll check back in a few months when I’ve little to be doing. Wasn’t expecting a George Soros reference this early in the morning either, Jesus wept.

do everyone a favour and quit being moderators, because you’re not moderating if you’re the ones attacking.

bye

@sk8board - "I make my living in stocks lads, have done so since 2007"

If you had more of your portfolio in TSLA in the last decade or so, you wouldn't have to make your living any more now 😂

If those digs about moderators were aimed at me, you've been around on boards for 17 years, you know full well I am not a moderator in this forum and never have been. If not, who are they aimed at?

• Advertisement

No mods have intervened in this thread.

What are you moaning about?

Agree, the EV forum is generally pretty mild in terms of needed moderation compared to other forums here or elsewhere. Dont know what he's on about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gees unkel, you & Georgey are taking some hammering. What are you down already? 15%......more? 20%?

No signs of this bearish trend ending either........Elon is making some powerful people unhappy & they are out to destroy him.

I doubt even his famed FSD & robotaxi (any day now............the quarter after next........just around the corner.......etc.) will stop the rot. Hate seeing anyone lose out & I'm well under water too but we could well see TSLA tumble further.

Twitter.....that's where the smart money is at........can't wait for IPO day........😃.

@Kramer - "Elon is making some powerful people unhappy & they are out to destroy him."

What else is new? That has been going on for a decade. TSLA is the most shorted company in history. Have a look into this, interesting what you will find.

The other stuff I sold is further down too. The whole stock market is in the doldrums. And most other markets too for that matter, art, crypto, classic cars, watches.

And where I am very unsure that any of the stuff I sold will bounce back, I'm pretty confident that TSLA will 😂

Post edited by unkel on

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Maybe we look forward to better times

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Big push by Tesla for year end sales, they just announced doubling of the discount to USD7500 for those willing to take delivery of Mod 3 and Mod Y between now and year end in addition to 16000 km (10,000 miles) free SUC. Seems like chasing year end numbers rather than profitability ....not helping the share price one bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

Considering the large number of amateur/retail investors and their fan-like obsession with the number of cars delivered, maybe it is a good approach if they want to keep the stock price up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1606148306081439744?t=u_9BGY9xmF32lGL1w5Kbow&s=19

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Always think if Tesla want a little boost to earnings they have avenues open like no other car maker due to App and OTA, heated back seats, speed boost, AP upgrades, usable battery release, SuC purchase etc

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I don't know. I saw it on twitter this morning. No sign of it in the car or on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got excited a few hours ago, got an update..

But only 44.25.3.

Fair play to the lads on here who sold all their other shares at a big loss to go all in on Tesla in mid nov . Plenty of cgt tax losses to carry forward now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Bought some after yesterday's crash at $109 and lost about $1 per share by the close. In all fairness I also got some at $124 so those are way down since I bought them after it looked like the share was on a bit of rebound. It's bit like gambling but a bigger chance not to loose all of my stake. Will be interesting to see how the market goes in 2023.

Tesla will need to introduce the Tesla Model "Golf" as soon as possible once they get the CT line going if they are planning to keep the factories busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think you have to look at the Tesla shares, like any other shares, as longer term items unless you were short selling.

They will go back up, likely not to the heady 400 USD per share but probably to 200 plus as the underlying company is strong.

Again, dont play with money you cant afford to loose.

Look at the P/E ratios. There's an awful ot of future growth still factored in to the current TSLA price. The losses recently suffered by Tesla market cap were almost equal to the market caps of all other major OEMs. This is simply nonsense speculation.

You can make money from it, much like you can make money from the horses or fantasy football, but to claim there is any reasonality in the current price based on company fundamentals is ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

It's just a bit of a laugh but I think this time I'll hold on to these ones until the bitter end. I have never actually lost money on TSLA (unless my pension fund is based on it). I sold the ones I had after they had come down (pre split) from $1200 to about $1000.

The two new factories about to properly ramp up leaves the company in quite a good position once they get a recession busting volume car in market. Might have to wait until 2025 to make any money with these shares I bought but I think I'll continue buying funds allowing while the price is depressed.

Tired of booze and women and boats, and the inflation combined with 0 interest rates from the banks does not much appeal to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

OEM knobs/buttons making a return to the touch screen!!!

Ctrl-Bar | Indiegogo

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Thats mad

• Advertisement

LOL, you should only allowed to buy these if you are over 65 😂

Advertisement