Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You bastard! I'm not jealous. I might not be telling the truth here :p

Well, show us all the details, P90D???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No just a regular S90D, subzero package and high fidelity sound along with "security package" whatever that is
    The only option on my list that it didnt have was air suspension - but as I plan on having this over 200k km perhaps that's a positive as one less thing to break!!

Plumped for this one over the performance spec as I wasn't expecting a facelift model to be in budget.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered from the uk site, heard nothing since despite multiple emails

Ok, I have asked online in facebook groups and people are saying the communication is bad and then out of the blue loads of messages get sent.

I'm expecting a 2-3 week delivery timeframe.
    Will be hard to keep driving the skoda now!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

ELM327 wrote: »
    Ok, I have asked online in facebook groups and people are saying the communication is bad and then out of the blue loads of messages get sent.

Congrats... you won't regret ;)
    Same color as my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

congrats dude, 3 weeks tomorrow I paid deposit. hopefully have it soon :(

• Advertisement

No just a regular S90D

I drove a '16 S90D and it was plenty fast. 0-60 in 4s, but this is a distorted figure for most EVs because of the torque and AWD you would be away from the lights quicker than any supercar

It has AP1 enabled and it is a 2016? What miles / CPO warranty and if you don't mind sharing, how much did it set you back?

unkel wrote: »
    I drove a '16 S90D and it was plenty fast. 0-60 in 4s, but this is a distorted figure for most EVs because of the torque and AWD you would be away from the lights quicker than any supercar

It has AP1 enabled and it is a 2016? What miles / CPO warranty and if you don't mind sharing, how much did it set you back?

AP1, 2016, 90k miles (so very limited CPO warranty) but when the competition was all non-tesla stock with none at all every little helps!

Cost £40k + VRT so probably 50k all in, will have to colletc in UK

Have you driven any Model S yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

AP1, 2016, 90k miles (so very limited CPO warranty) but when the competition was all non-tesla stock with none at all every little helps!

Cost £40k + VRT so probably 50k all in, will have to colletc in UK

Nice

Awesome machine

You can get extended warranty?

Why not a model 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Nice

Awesome machine

Why not a model 3?

Won't be able to get extended warranty, needs to be under 4 years old and 50k miles.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Have you driven any Model S yet?

Nope.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Nice

Awesome machine

Why not a model 3?

Not interested in the model 3 unless I got the performance version, and this was cheaper!

Choice 1 was my dream car, model X P100DL - obviously out of budget :D
    Otherwise it is always a compromise, short range model X, CPO model S, non Tesla second hand model S performance, or model3 performance, or the relative cheapest option, model 3 sr+

I considered all of the above, but when a facelift S90D popped up in budget it was too hard to say no.

zep wrote: »
    Won't be able to get extended warranty, needs to be under 4 years old and 50k miles.

Nope.

You will have the road trip of your life bringing that car back over here :D

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Great value for the spec and you still have a bit of bumper to bumper to get any potential issues looked at. And then that unlimited drivetrain warranty to get you towards that 200k mark.

As I said a few pages back sounds like a perfect combination for your use case as you don't need to be precious about the mileage going forward. Now just commit to drive this until 2024 at least.

I think the high miles was actually a positive, I was only saying this to herself
    When I move on in 3-5 years, I'll have added around 200k-250k km anyway so the car will always ahve "high miles"

Plenty of very high mileage Model S in the Netherlands (hard life as Schiphol airport taxi). The early Model S had lots of quality issues, mostly sorted by the time your car was made. It's a facelift model too, is it?

I too thought that car was very decent value, particularly as it is CPO so the car will be near mint. And you know I am exceptionally critical (tight) when it comes to value for money :D

Facelift yes that's what sealed it. Was considering the red P90D nosecone model in Yomac Cars but this being ~10k cheaper, newer and facelift sealed the deal.

Plus mine has the subzero package, the mrs approves :P

another voicemail left, another email sent, still nothing. might tweet elon and tell him his staff are useless

I got one email from the rep in NL yesterday with a walkaround of the car, a couple of highlighted blemishes (so small that it took a while to work out where the blemish was)

I emailed back 2 times since but have had no response.

I don't mind anyway, gives me time to sort out finance etc, and think about when I can fly to the UK. In fairness we can't exactly complain when they profess to having domestic sale only!
    Race you to collection day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

I got one email from the rep in NL yesterday with a walkaround of the car, a couple of highlighted blemishes (so small that it took a while to work out where the blemish was)

I emailed back 2 times since but have had no response.

I don't mind anyway, gives me time to sort out finance etc, and think about when I can fly to the UK. In fairness we can't exactly complain when they profess to having domestic sale only!
    Race you to collection day :P

Congratulations!! Very jealous!! I'm also potentially considering a 2nd hand model s as I have 3 dogs and children so the m3 doesn't suit.
    I'd only buy cpo however, I saw 1 about a month ago I was very interested in but didn't have the balls to pay the deposit as they say domestic sale only. It seems that this not an issue however from what you're saying?

The Mist wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Very jealous!! I'm also potentially considering a 2nd hand model s as I have 3 dogs and children so the m3 doesn't suit.
    I'd only buy cpo however, I saw 1 about a month ago I was very interested in but didn't have the balls to pay the deposit as they say domestic sale only. It seems that this not an issue however from what you're saying?

Guess we'll see, huh!
    I've put the deposit down, if they cancel the sale then I'll get the deposit back and I can buy something else here. This was substantially cheaper than the nonsense prices most places charge here, so it was worth the "risk". The absolute worst case scenario is that they don't return my deposit but say I can use it on any Tesla. In which case I'll probably get an SR+ model 3. Not ideal but sure if it's meant for you it won't pass you. I've been looking on the ROI tesla inventory site and they only have new inventory stock, 80k, probably just a tick out of budget. (if it was for a model X I might have pushed it, but they are above 90)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I don't think you will have any issues unless the delay goes over Brexit deadline, some examples on this thread of some recent imports

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105874358

Here's hoping anyway.
    It's a great car for the money so I don't want them to cancel it! But I'm finding the stonewall lack of comms very difficult. I WANT IT NOW!! #firstworldproblems

Here's hoping anyway.
    It's a great car for the money so I don't want them to cancel it! But I'm finding the stonewall lack of comms very difficult. I WANT IT NOW!! #firstworldproblems

you think its bad now, I'm 3.5 weeks in now, one email sent to me a couple days after deposit placed. not even a ****ing call back.

you think its bad now, I'm 3.5 weeks in now, one email sent to me a couple days after deposit placed. not even a ****ing call back.

I've had an email thread back and forth with a "pietr".
    The last one was this:

Hi Elm,

Thank you for your email and you admirable patience.
    Unfortunately you’ll have to find a 3rd party as our preferred partners do not cover Ireland.
    I was asking if they had any preferred finance partners that cover Ireland. As an aside, it's very very difficult to get car finance in Ireland for a UK car. Have had to apply for a personal loan instead, which, given the higher interest amount and lack of security, is less likely to be approved.

Did you confirm delivery location and payment method etc? Did they send you the video walkaround and photos of any defects.

same prick I was dealing with. pieter

same prick I was dealing with. pieter
    Why do you say that, is he difficult or something?

Did you get the video walkaround and photos of any defects.

yeah got that 3 weeks ago, said I was happy, answered all his questions, heard NOTHING since. left him 2 or 3 voicemails, emailed him 5 times, sent their normal customer support an email, zero interaction.

Great. So I've got that to look forward to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭carloscorreia

Interesting video about Tesla Disruption

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

Guess we'll see, huh!
    I've put the deposit down, if they cancel the sale then I'll get the deposit back and I can buy something else here. This was substantially cheaper than the nonsense prices most places charge here, so it was worth the "risk". The absolute worst case scenario is that they don't return my deposit but say I can use it on any Tesla. In which case I'll probably get an SR+ model 3. Not ideal but sure if it's meant for you it won't pass you. I've been looking on the ROI tesla inventory site and they only have new inventory stock, 80k, probably just a tick out of budget. (if it was for a model X I might have pushed it, but they are above 90)

You got a good bargain, definitely worth the risk, best of luck and hope you get it very soon and keep us updated in case I find something within my range and follow your lead :)

Advertisement