Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭carloscorreia

Full Self-Driving price will increase by $1000 on Nov 1

https://electrek.co/2019/10/11/tesla-self-driving-price-increase-1000-november-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

I am also going to pull the trigger on a cpo model s! Have you heard back from them?

It won't let me go ahead with the deposit. I suspect this is because I'm using an Irish address. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so should I put in a dummy UK address or will that get me in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'll stay out of the M3 2.0 thread for fear of annoying the boat stalkers.

tldw: bottom buffer on this particular M3P is 4kWh (5.3% "SOC UI" of 74kWh "nominal full pack"). Power limit at 0% SOC is 61.5kWh (82hp) which is usefully high for trundling to a safe stopping place.

Scan My Tesla app looks like a great buy for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

493411.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The Mist wrote: »
    It won't let me go ahead with the deposit. I suspect this is because I'm using an Irish address. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so should I put in a dummy UK address or will that get me in trouble?

It let me put the deposit with an Irish address.
    I have been up front with them throughout that it is going to Ireland, they said they ahve no problem but put the disclaimer to avoid shipping and vrt issues

ELM327 wrote: »
    It let me put the deposit with an Irish address.
    I have been up front with them throughout that it is going to Ireland, they said they ahve no problem but put the disclaimer to avoid shipping and vrt issues

Thanks elm, yeah I think the problem is I was using a debit card with a 2,500 eur limit. I only realized the day after but when I got back to try it with my wife's credit card, the car I wanted was gone and the other one I was considering suddenly didn't include autopilot anymore... I take it that your order is going ahead so?? Happy days if so!! Can I ask then if you have a delivery date? Sorry to be a pain, it's just I'd like to know how long could it take to estimate when best to sell my ioniq if I finally go ahead with it!

@the mist
    My order is indeed going ahead, just waiting to hear about a delivery date.
    Have the funds in my account still - they havent sent payment details yet

I've been speaking to some people in the process before me, both here by PM and on facebook group Tesla Owners Ireland and it seems my expected timeframe for delivery could be a couple of weeks yet.

• Advertisement

And as if by magic (do Tesla read this?) out of the blue, phone call from Tesla saying the car is ready from tomorrow onwards !
    I haven't even paid the balance yet so it will be next week (AIB to Revolut transfer limit of 5k daily) before I can collect. They also said they may be able to get the CCS retrofit done in advance for me!

wahayyyy

And as if by magic (do Tesla read this?) out of the blue, phone call from Tesla saying the car is ready from tomorrow onwards !
    I haven't even paid the balance yet so it will be next week (AIB to Revolut transfer limit of 5k daily) before I can collect. They also said they may be able to get the CCS retrofit done in advance for me!

wahayyyy

Great news well done.
    I'd like to think once we catch up with the ~500 car back order it will all become this seamless.

wahayyyy

Nice one!!! Happy days!!! Well wear, that'll be some happy trip when you make your way back home :)

I haven't even paid the balance yet so it will be next week (AIB to Revolut transfer limit of 5k daily)

If you contact your bank, they can usually up this daily limit for occasions just like this (buying a car, etc.). I've done it before (but not with AIB)

I'm not jealous at all BTW. You bastard :(:):D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Shares up 20%

Revenue down, profit up. The semi going to production next year and the model Y production bought forward

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/44327b5c-f5b2-11e9-a79c-bc9acae3b654

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/44327b5c-f5b2-11e9-a79c-bc9acae3b654

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Skimming through the FTAlphaville live chat transcript:

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/marketslive/2019-10-23-2/
    They are niche products... we continue to make them more for sentimental reasons than anything else.

A little long but interesting video about the Q3 2019 Earnings

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Anyone seen any activity for the proposed Supercharger location in Enfield?
    Tesla site still saying 'Target opening by end of 2019'

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/findus/location/supercharger/enfieldiesupercharger

No, and there's no groundworks there either
    Safe to say it won't be there in 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

New potential holiday destination for Tesla owners in Europe:
    https://twitter.com/anuarbekiman/status/1194477899308552192

Time for a family road trip so to meet Borat and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

thos wrote: »
    Anyone seen any activity for the proposed Supercharger location in Enfield?
    Tesla site still saying 'Target opening by end of 2019'

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/findus/location/supercharger/enfieldiesupercharger

Yeah not likely for 2019. I asked about that location back in August when i had a test drive. I was told there were 16 chargers planned. 8 each going east/west. I didn't get confirmation it was at the Applegreen stations. They said it was on track for 2019 at the time.

unkel wrote: »
    Time for a family road trip so to meet Borat and his family.
    There's no superchargers within range of that supercharger though so you couldnt drive there,
    Kinda pointless putting one there unless there's a corridor to get there.

I'm sure it is not easy to deal with planning in a lot of countries for a company like Tesla expanding the supercharger network, pretty much globally. It's already well impressive that you can drive from here well into Turkey with any Tesla by only supercharging at Tesla superchargers. For free. For life. In many Teslas. If I lived on the continent I most likely would own a Model S already.

The free part is not really sustainable long term but it's impressive regardless.
    To be honest, I'm planning a trip to europe just to take the Tesla somewhere!

If you pick a hotel in Europe with a destination charger you literally don't have to plan, the car does it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭kyote00

On its 3rd battery pack, still impressive that no other maintence needed

Least they can use the old battery packs for some sort of storage afterwards.

• Advertisement

Interesting that the first batteries and motors didn't last long, but he has 470k km on his current battery and 680k km on his current motor. This is consistent with the generally accepted view that components used have dramatically improved in quality after the first few years of the Model S

Advertisement