Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test passed

Options
  • 22-05-2019 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Passed the test today.
    Delighted.
    Thanks to Mick finlay.
    Makes everything simple.
    How does it work with insurance now? Do I ring them now or do I have wait till the pinky comes in the door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Well done boi.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

Well done....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Well done. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

honda boi wrote: »
    Passed the test today.
    Delighted.
    Thanks to Mick finlay.
    Makes everything simple.
    How does it work with insurance now? Do I ring them now or do I have wait till the pinky comes in the door?

Ring them in the morning.

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Not a bother to ye! well done.

As said ring them tomorrow. They wouldn't give me any money back but ye never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Great stuff, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Well done on passing
    Mick is great and knows his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks lads.
    Rang the insurance company there.
    Was told no change in premium ( not surprised)
    Added pillion cover for nothing so happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Well done.

Passed my own test in January, got no refund on the policy, just free pillion and European cover.

My policy renewal quote is due in the next 3/4 weeks, passing the test will be reflected in the renewal premium on top of the 1 year ncb I will have.

Currently insured with principal, based on the next bike I am buying (sports bike) I will probably stay with them unless the quotes are very far apart.

My car is insured with AXA, another member of the household also has insurance with AXA and their policy expires at the same time as my bike insurance so that might give an extra discount.

I paid around €400 FC with a multi bike policy on a learner permit so here’s hoping for sub €300 this time around

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How long is left on your policy? Is it worth checking quotes online and seeing if its worth cancelling your existing policy?

Only got the policy in January.
    Stuck with this company as was in an accident a few years ago and my claim still open and not my fault
    So apparently can't go to any other companies unfortunately

Well done.

Passed my own test in January, got no refund on the policy, just free pillion and European cover.

My policy renewal quote is due in the next 3/4 weeks, passing the test will be reflected in the renewal premium on top of the 1 year ncb I will have.

Currently insured with principal, based on the next bike I am buying (sports bike) I will probably stay with them unless the quotes are very far apart.

My car is insured with AXA, another member of the household also has insurance with AXA and their policy expires at the same time as my bike insurance so that might give an extra discount.

I paid around €400 FC with a multi bike policy on a learner permit so here’s hoping for sub €300 this time around

Fair play deckard.
    I've got I think 4 NCB . And paying about €600 on a gsx 1400. And only third party cover aswell.
    That's a great price €400 FC with multiple bikes!!!

honda boi wrote: »
    Fair play deckard.
    I've got I think 4 NCB . And paying about €600 on a gsx 1400. And only third party cover aswell.
    That's a great price €400 FC with multiple bikes!!!

€600 on a 1400 gsx TPO seems expensive, i was told it'll cost me somewhere around €800 on the likes of a 'busa or zzr1400, they won't insure me until i have the full for 1 year as i don't have 2 years ncb to my name.

yeah €400 on the V-Strom, the other one is an 18 year old moped which does the job in and around the city, both are mightily cheap to run on petrol as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Got quoted €765 TPFT for a 2012 Tiger 1200 Explorer... strongly considered approaching me ole buddy the Credit Union but said I'd wait another year. Quote assumed parked on public road in Galway city.

Mind you I only have 1 year NCB and license less than a year. (31 year old)

Got quoted €765 TPFT for a 2012 Tiger 1200 Explorer... strongly considered approaching me ole buddy the Credit Union but said I'd wait another year. Quote assumed parked on public road in Galway city.

I wonder if it was changed to a garaged shed would it come down much. That's funny, the credit union is my best friend as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I wonder if it was changed to a garaged shed would it come down much. That's funny, the credit union is my best friend as well :pac:

CU for the motoring here too :)

Well done OP, always good to another person onboard.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

€600 on a 1400 gsx TPO seems expensive, i was told it'll cost me somewhere around €800 on the likes of a 'busa or zzr1400, they won't insure me until i have the full for 1 year as i don't have 2 years ncb to my name.

yeah €400 on the V-Strom, the other one is an 18 year old moped which does the job in and around the city, both are mightily cheap to run on petrol as well :D
    Ye very expensive,only reason I got the insurance was my NCB would of expired at the end of January.
    I have a gsx1400 I'm fixing up out the back so was the only thing I could get insurance on.
    Checked liberty for insurance and was less then €300 a year to insure it but with the open claim I'm snookered and can't move.
    Jesus that is mighty cheap motoring!!!!! And without a NCB. Fair play

Still quite good that . When I had my first NCB I was paying about a grand for a Honda bros 400 :o
    galwaytt wrote: »
    CU for the motoring here too :)

Well done OP, always good to another person onboard.

Thanks galway.

Advertisement