Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting WhatsApp on iPhone 5

Options
  • 22-05-2019 9:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I don't have a whatsapp icon on my phone.

When I looked up Whatsapp in the search icon, it turned out that it had expired. But I don't have the App Store thing, nor do I seem to have a browser (safari). I think I need to get these before I can get whatsapp? Is that right.

Do I have to download them from an actual PC via a USB connection?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Go onto the App Store on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Go to settings>general>reset>reset home screen layout.

That should bring back your app icons and you can figure the rest from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 EuKaryMe

Go to settings>general>reset>reset home screen layout.

That should bring back your app icons and you can figure the rest from there.

Thanks,

I did that. I still don't have safari or the app store though. And I can't update to the latest version of whatsapp!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dodgy/fake iPhone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 EuKaryMe

kceire wrote: »
    Dodgy/fake iPhone?
    I finally got on to AppleCare since. When I asked about this, they told me that the reason my browser might have disappeared might be because the software on the phone hasn't been updated in so long. Still seems a bit bizarre. So I've to restore the phone in order to update the software.

Restoring the phone takes about 90 minutes. Where I'm living, the internet line is so old that we lose connection about every 30 minutes. In other words I won't be able to complete a restore process on itunes anyway. I think the only option might be for me to take my PC somewhere with WiFi and wait two hours for it to restore. Is there anything else I could do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement