Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro debate Yuesday night

Options
  • 23-05-2019 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

Anyone any views after seeing our prospective 'candidates'?

Personally, I was going to give my #1 to Casey, but after the debate I got completely turned off him with his insitance of interrupting was very off putting. And cue Smith, when Casey 'backed off' Smith jumps on the podium.

In truth, none of them gave me much inspiration.

Edit: Mods, please can You change Yuesday to Tuesday. My apologies, but I can't for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

cant say im going to bother voting this time around. Constituency is far to big geographically. Most likely it'll be 3 from out west that will win, meaning kildare will effectively be unrepresented.

• Site Banned Posts: 18 soenow what

Casey has no idea what he's talking about. ever. either that or he's very bad at putting his point across.
    Ming and Maria Walsh came across well, Mairead McGuinness dominated whenever she was involved,
    can't really remember any other candidates,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I've no idea who to vote for locally our Europe wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Worth looking at the potential candidates for commission president, deciding if you prefer any of them, and then voting for the member party here of their party. MEPs can do bog all about local or even national issues so going on actual European issues makes sense.

https://europeelects.eu/2019spitzenkandidaten/

Weber - FG (and Casey has said he'd sit with them)
    Timmermans - Labour
    ALDEs 7 person list - FF
    Greens 2 person list - Greens
    European Left 2 person list - SF and Ming

Zahradil - nobody here
    Junqueras - nobody here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

L1011 wrote: »
    Worth looking at the potential candidates for commission president, deciding if you prefer any of them, and then voting for the member party here of their party. MEPs can do bog all about local or even national issues so going on actual European issues makes sense.

https://europeelects.eu/2019spitzenkandidaten/

Weber - FG (and Casey has said he'd sit with them)
    Timmermans - Labour
    ALDEs 7 person list - FF
    Greens 2 person list - Greens
    European Left 2 person list - SF and Ming

Zahradil - nobody here
    Junqueras - nobody here

I won't be voting FFG, labour, SF, greens or aontu so that doesn't leave me much eh? Guess it's Ming all the way so.

Thanks for this L1011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

daheff wrote: »
    cant say im going to bother voting this time around. Constituency is far to big geographically. Most likely it'll be 3 from out west that will win, meaning kildare will effectively be unrepresented.

McGuinness is from Louth, Brendan Smith is from Cavan and Carthy is from Monaghan though. if anything there could be too many easterners

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Greens all the way for me in everything. There's no other party.

Advertisement