Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the building out behind Dunne's in Portlaoise

Options
  • 23-05-2019 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all

There is some form of building/ground works going on between the roundabout at homebase heading out behind Dunnes over to the other road near the ESB place, what is it, they seem to be at it years but all there is in is a few kerbs it doesn't look wide enough to be a road??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi all

There is some form of building/ground works going on between the roundabout at homebase heading out behind Dunnes over to the other road near the ESB place, what is it, they seem to be at it years but all there is in is a few kerbs it doesn't look wide enough to be a road??

Are you taking about the new link road between the abbeyleix Road (at the roundabout at the gaa pitch) and the timahoe road (at the roundabout near homebase)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Are you taking about the new link road between the abbeyleix Road (at the roundabout at the gaa pitch) and the timahoe road (at the roundabout near homebase)?

That’s it.. but s/he’s right, there is a lot of kerbing going in .. not wide enough for a car to drive in between.. looks weird from the road.. hard to make out what it is, probably end up just being green space surrounding the road or something but deffo looks like a weird layout

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

gogo wrote: »
    That’s it.. but s/he’s right, there is a lot of kerbing going in .. not wide enough for a car to drive in between.. looks weird from the road.. hard to make out what it is, probably end up just being green space surrounding the road or something but deffo looks like a weird layout

The narrower pathway will prob consist of a bike path/footpath and grass. So essentially 3 lanes. Then there’s the road itself

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Yes Sorry I'm not from the town so I don't know the names of the roads that well, they seem to be building it for years and getting no where,

Thanks for the replies,

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

eiei0 wrote: »
    Yes Sorry I'm not from the town so I don't know the names of the roads that well, they seem to be building it for years and getting no where,

Thanks for the replies,

it began in summer of 2018 and is due to be complete in Q3 of 2019

i wouldnt consider that in anyway excessive for 1/2 km of a link road with new roundabouts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement