Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT car with private plates changed?

• 23-05-2019 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

Yesterday I bought a car in England. The car was on private plates before I bought the car and the guy I bought it off of said that he changed it the day before. Im in constant contact with him and he's a nice guy so if I need to get him to do anything on his end there will be no problem. My problem is the V5 has his private plate on it. He took the export part of the v5 and i took the rest. What will the VRT centre say when the vehicle has not got the same plates as in the V5?

On the HPI check it clearly indicated that the plate was changed from the one currently on the car to his private one a number of years back!

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get evidence of the recent plate change.

Advertisement