Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 12: Cuneo - Pinerolo 158km

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dunbar is playing them, he could do it.

So close, what a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Savage stuff by Dunbar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

If it had ended on a climb Dunbar would have won imo ...strongest on climb (blocked in ) but not at sprint

Next time though ...lots of stages yet to try

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Ah ****e, some ride for his first GT. Can't help but wonder how he would have gone without Benedetti and the trek lad coming back at the end.

• Advertisement

No shame in that finish, he'll have other days.

Ah ****e, some ride for his first GT. Can't help but wonder how he would have gone without Benedetti and the trek lad coming back at the end.

He knew they were coming from him looking over his shoulder so much but the way he was staying at the back no matter what, I think he knew that he had to let it happen if he was to have a chance, must have needed more recovery, nonetheless, still a decent sprint, he just didn't have that final jump when he was closed off. Great finish for him, the way he bridged over on that climb was beautiful. If he had not been at the back at the start of the climb, I think he could have won, but it would have been tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dunne looked like he had a couple of juniors pass him on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well done Eddie! And also a good performance from Conor Dunne too!

Dunbar "I was the strongest but not the quickest" as I thought

• Advertisement

Well done Eddie! And also a good performance from Connor Dunne too!

It was actually, I was surprised to see him where he was at the end. Well done to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Super stuff from Eddie. I see he is only 2.38 off the white young riders jersey now. Is that a realistic target for him?

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Super stuff from Eddie. I see he is only 2.38 off the white young riders jersey now. Is that a realistic target for him?

I dont think so ...with MAL, Carthy and Sivakov

Better to ride for stages ...which he can win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Super result. Hard to be critical but possibly hesitated a little too much on the final hill. His best chance was probably to go over the top with a gap but maybe he didn't have that in the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Super result. Hard to be critical but possibly hesitated a little too much on the final hill. His best chance was probably to go over the top with a gap but maybe he didn't have that in the legs.

Watching in work and was it a bit of hesitation but also his way was blocked a little?

He was fairly fresh looking with 20km to go - was worried he be goosed at that stage with all the effort he put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

One from the end of the stage yesterday, audio is NSFW.

https://twitter.com/junimba/status/1131606017689686016

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »
    Dunne looked like he had a couple of juniors pass him on the line.

D'wife said the same thing.

https://twitter.com/JamoCaino/status/1131593108582490113

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

One from the end of the stage yesterday, audio is NSFW.

https://twitter.com/junimba/status/1131606017689686016

What was that numpty thinking (the fan)

Advertisement