Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So okay, it's finally out of wraps. Scarlet is the new Xbox. I hope they did not made it too custom chip....
    Xbox one x is already very impressive and 4 times more powerful is even better. If it can do proper 4k 60fps, then I am good. And finally switch to SSD.

I just really hope they making it in a way, that Xbox one games will work on it too. Starting game library from a scratch is not the best way of going these days.
    It's going to be 4K and 8K native. Not upscaling which is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I adored that conference. Sometimes I am really excited for, not sure about the second Forza H4 expansions but will download and play it. I really enjoyed the ending and the console sounds amazing. AMD needed to do something big and they have and I adore AMD. PS5 not getting AMD is a huge coo for Microsoft too.

AMD is supplying the ps5, same as it did for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

PS5 not getting AMD is a huge coo for Microsoft too.

eh? PS5 is definitely going to be powered by AMD.

Very, very, very little chance of an 8k native picture. It's just meeting HDMI 2.1 spec I'd imagine. Buzzwords to get the hype rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Cyberpunk looks epic and added Keanu Reeves made it even more awesome.Borderlands 3 and Outer Worlds looked as good as they did when last showed off. Rest was pretty meh.

AMD is supplying the ps5, same as it did for PS4.
    Oh, I thought they said it was an exclusive partnership. Makes sense though, AMD have some serious power in their processor chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

I just really hope they making it in a way, that Xbox one games will work on it too. Starting game library from a scratch is not the best way of going these days.

After all the work they put into get xbox original games working on xbox one and the big deal made about it, they'd hardly be silly enough not to have thought about ensuring back compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And they said it will play 4 gens so backward compatible.

With Sony not there this year it meant third parties don't have to split trailers.
    Come to think of it, were there any Ubi trailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That Xbox show was fantastic.

Now, PlayStation conference coming up....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

scottigael wrote: »
    Is there a release date for the flight simulator?

Unfortunately not :(

4k and 8K mean nothing if the frame rate and graphics quality is subpar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Oh, I thought they said it was an exclusive partnership. Makes sense though, AMD have some serious power in their processor chips.

Xbox and PS will probably have their own custom chips so maybe that's how they can bill it as an exclusive partnership?!?! :confused:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And they said it will play 4 gens so backward compatible.

With Sony not there this year it meant third parties don't have to split trailers.
    Come to think of it, were there any Ubi trailers?

Nope.

Venom wrote: »
    4k and 8K mean nothing if the frame rate and graphics quality is subpar.
    Oh, no question. But the X can lag at times due to the upscaling, which can be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

That Xbox show was fantastic.

Now, PlayStation conference coming up....

giphy.gif

Sony and Nintendo don't need to show up because they are winning.

Let MS waste their money showing off all the multiplat stuff that people will buy for their PC/PS4/Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh, no question. But the X can lag at times due to the upscaling, which can be a pain.

It's the processor!
    They said the Scarlett one will be 4x more powerful though :D

• Venom wrote: »
    Cyberpunk looks epic and added Keanu Reeves made it even more awesome.Borderlands 3 and Outer Worlds looked as good as they did when last showed off. Rest was pretty meh.

I'd argue that why on Earth would Nintendo or Sony bother with E3 anymore when Microsoft pretty much showcased all the multiplats anyway.

As a long time owner of Xbox that was bad. Halo been pushed to the new console and not one new exclusive to show after all the talk last year.

Gears relase date and gamespass pricing was the only thing decent from a Microsoft perspective.

The most exciting stuff was Cyberpunk and Star Wars and they are multiplat.

Use your own xbox one x as a personal xcloud server to stream your games. Is it powerful enough for that? Mine gets pretty blotchy streaming on an internal network via the app with fairly decent 330Mbs wifi. Surely it'll be 360p and barely worth your while?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's the processor!
    They said the Scarlett one will be 4x more powerful though :D

Didn't it just say the CPU was 4x as powerful?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think MS probably should have taken this E3 off as well.

The most exciting announcement was Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk which is going everywhere.

MS is obviously aiming at next gen now and as such there's nothing left for the current gen.

I'd argue that why on Earth would Nintendo or Sony bother with E3 anymore when Microsoft pretty much showcased all the multiplats anyway.

As a long time owner of Xbox that was bad. Halo been pushed to the new console and not one new exclusive to show after all the talk last year.

Gears relase date and gamespass pricing was the only thing decent from a Microsoft perspective.

The most exciting stuff was Cyberpunk and Star Wars and they are multiplat.
    Who cares if they are multiplat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was a solid show all round once you accept that first party exclusives isn’t an area Microsoft excels in or even prides itself on. What they did show, looked pretty good and the new console looks like a beast. Looking forward to Sony’s retort when they decide to bring the PS5 into the public eye.

The Ubi show later on could be a good one this time. Dying to see them confirm the Viking-based Assassin’s Creed for next year, hopefully there’ll be some sort of trailer for it.

• Who cares if they are multiplat?

Anybody who owns multiple platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was a solid show all round once you accept that first party exclusives isn’t an area Microsoft excels in or even prides itself on. What they did show, looked pretty good and the new console looks like a beast. Looking forward to Sony’s retort when they decide to bring the PS5 into the public eye.

The Ubi show later on could be a good one this time. Dying to see them confirm the Viking-based Assassin’s Creed for next year, hopefully there’ll be some sort of trailer for it.

Is Ubi this evening? I thought it was Bethesda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

That was so disappointing

I agree with you. Other than project scarlet, there was very little to mention.

4 times more powerful is a big statement. Processing power, speed, what ? Cost will be a big factor. With Google Stadia on the horizon, consoles need to justify their existence. Nothing in that conference tells me anything about that.

My consoles over the years C64, Sega MD, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, XB360, XB1 and my son has converted to the dark side and is a PC gamer with 1060 rig currently.

Bethesda's show is at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bethesda tonight, Ubi tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

What a load of ****e

They keep banging on about super powerful consoles but were are all these new amazing games what’s the point of super powerful consoles if you have no games

The new games they have are smaller scale that are coming to game pass day1 do not count to me they are like mobile shovel ware

They have been scarce on the big exclusives for a while now relying on gears, halo AGAIN!!

It seems they want to be a sub service now with the game pass thing well they can F right off
    I’m selling my Xbox1 I’m done

Anybody who owns multiple platforms

Ok well if you only have an xbox for exclusives I'm afraid you're in for nothing but disappointment. I don't understand how you were expecting anything on the exclusive front considering it takes 5-10 years to make a game.

To me this was all about game pass and the future of gaming. The days of using exclusives to sell hardware are over. Sony of course will continue with the same model because they've got nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

That show was a massive let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah ****, thought it was Ubi tonight.

I’ll still watch Bethesda anyway, can’t be any worse than last year.

Advertisement