Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I may just be getting old but I'm the only one who thought the best thing on show so far was MS Flight Simulator? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Azza wrote: »
    I may just be getting old but I'm the only one who thought the best thing on show so far was MS Flight Simulator? :eek:
    While I was never really into the MS Flight Sim games (I was more of a DID fan from back then), I did crack a wee nostalgic smile when the logo appeared at the end. Pretty sure it hung around on-screen just long enough that that was the intent. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gizmo wrote: »
    While I was never really into the MS Flight Sim games (I was more of a DID fan from back then), I did crack a wee nostalgic smile when the logo appeared at the end. Pretty sure it hung around on-screen just long enough that that was the intent. :p

It was probably meant to have a damn release date underneath it haha :pac:

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vincent van Gogh

The Xbox preference, all in all, was very disappointing. Keanu Reeves was the best thing about it, unfortunately. Their presentation of the new Xbox was woeful - Bunch of talking heads again like last year. Stop mimicking apples already done to death style of introducing a product.

Look at the stuff they are trying to get away with like lol.
    4b5ira8eoi331.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Azza wrote: »

I can't way to play Age Of Empires 2 again. So many hours invested in that game back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I can't way to play Age Of Empires 2 again. So many hours invested in that game back in the day.
    Have the crowd that were supposed to do a completely new Age of Empires given up?

I heard the AOE games don't hold up that well because of poor pathfinding and lack of variety in gameplay, least thats what I recall from the recent reviews of AOE Defintive Edition and AOE II HD. Maybe they will fix the path finding in this new version of AOEII.

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Have the crowd that were supposed to do a completely new Age of Empires given up?

No Relic Studios of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes fame is handling AOE 4.

Microsoft have also just announced a new studio dedicated to Age of Empires
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/double-fine-productions-joins-xbox-game-studios/

There is also an AOEIII Definitive Edition in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I swear if I hear another company with mobile games and a streaming service where they guarantee 100% playability I will scream. I was watching a twitch streamer last nights for Bethesda and he made a light hearted comment after the first real game coming on our streaming service. When they start saying the edge of technology he got up left the room closed the door and you could still hear him scream NOOOOOOOO GOD DAMIT.
    Very funny.

Also the people there from the company to applaud were way over doing it in all conferences

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sony's low-key PS5 details a few weeks ago was crafty. Without any fanfare or effort and without showing up to E3 they pre-empted most of the next-gen talking points - SSD, hardware ray-tracing, Zen 2 etc. So the Scarlett teaser kinda fell flat.

Also by doing it this way there is no negative talk of a padded conferenc, clearly planted people and MOBILE GAMES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Interesting that both parties and all 3 if you include Google Stadia platform have gone for AMD Navi/Zen 7nm architecture.
    Ill be curious to see if this is mirrored in PC gaming and AMD clawing back some of the market share from Intel/Nvidia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Interesting that both parties and all 3 if you include Google Stadia platform have gone for AMD Navi/Zen 7nm architecture.
    Ill be curious to see if this is mirrored in PC gaming and AMD clawing back some of the market share from Intel/Nvidia

Amd is cheap they couldn't afford to put Nvidia ones in without raising the price of the consoles or sacrificing any tiny profits they make from them

Cyberpunk is going to be so epic I want to hold off until some next gen hardware to play it on. I can just imaging how cutdown it will have to be to run on current consoles.
    Yeah, I fear it's going to be very janky or cut-down on base consoles particularly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bloodlines 2 gameplay footage coming up in the PC Gaming Show, as well as Evil Genius 2. Bunch of other stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

This midnight Ghost Hunt looks like a cool idea. Chivalry 2 will have some competition against Mordhau as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Prop hunt is fun but only for about 20 minutes. Don't think the concept can be carried very far to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really looking forward to Bloodlines but the difference in look between that and cyberpunk, which has a similar release date, is enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Man, heard rumours of Evil Genius 2 but glad they were real, great bit of fun. Just hope they dont EA it and screw the player with Dungeon Keeper style BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Devolver's show was pretty weak. Kinda funny at a few moments & the games they showed were a bit meh

• Advertisement

This pc show is Bollox, master race my hole.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Day9 is some clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote:

But it's powered by the EPIC game store :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The PC show is always terrible and most decent PC stuff ends up on console eventually.

Master race me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

It's the best conference so far for me even with all the awkwardness!. Full of unique looking games and showing actual gameplay for pretty much everything.

Logan Marshall-Green is a decent actor if that's him in Telling Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The PC show is always terrible and most decent PC stuff ends up on console eventually.

Master race me hole.
    E3 is not a good representation of PC gaming's benefits or games.

Anyway they skipped Terraria trailer due to technical issues, one of the only things I tuned in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Watch Dogs Legion box art leaked

https://www.psu.com/news/watch-dogs-legion-boxart-leaked/

Praying for a trailer and a good one tonight, although that seems nearly certain now.

These poll results are funny and accurate.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1138078733259104256?s=19

• Zero-Cool wrote: »

It's quite embarrassing for Microsoft tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ubisoft's E3 conference has started. Well, sort of. Bit of music at the mo.

Advertisement