Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My worry with Watch Dogs Legion is the fear that you'll be shoehorned into having to use certain characters most of the time, with some character slots where you can use anyone. It'll just be interesting to see how it's fully implemented.

The last game they showed looked interesting. Is that the one they were saying could be aiming to be like Breath of the Wild?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

lawlolawl wrote: »
    They just shouldn't have had E3 this year.

Leave it until next year when MS and Sony will be showing off their new machines and launch titles.

This has all been dire so far. Sony and Nintendo were right to just not bother.

Agreed, Sony are coming out of this weekend looking good just by not being there. Nintendo have always kind of done their own thing and honestly they’re better off for it.

Square Enix could make a decent impact tonight if they just have one big project to show off, whether it’s the Avengers game or something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

ERG89 wrote: »
    Honestly I've seen little reason to have an E3 next year. This year has been such a waste of time. Nothing exciting this year & anything new is 2020 anyway.

All that new stuff will be launching in the first half of 2020 to avoid getting destroyed by PS5/XB2 launches in September/October.

E3 next year will be the perfect time for both new consoles to be showcased.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Agreed, Sony are coming out of this weekend looking good just by not being there. Nintendo have always kind of done their own thing and honestly they’re better off for it.

Square Enix could make a decent impact tonight if they just have one big project to show off, whether it’s the Avengers game or something else.

Bring on the avengers!!!!! Unless it's a ****ing top down pile of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not watching the live show but did they mention this on-stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gizmo wrote: »
    Not watching the live show but did they mention this on-stage?

Nope. No mention of any AC Odyssey content at all really, just a few references to the game/series in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Penn wrote: »
    Nope. No mention of any AC Odyssey content at all really, just a few references to the game/series in general.
    Weird, I would have thought that would offset some of the disappointment of the lack of new AC news. Plus, it looks pretty neat.

WD3 looks interesting but would be 100 times better if Bagley was voiced by Stephen Merchant.

Best part of ubi show was spotting Dee and Cricket from Always Sunny in the crowd. 2nd best part was Dee's husband Rob's new TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well at least we got to see Prince of Persia again. Probably one of the best games they showed. Unfortunately is was just Sands of Time in the sizzle reel.

As for Watch Dogs 3, how convenient they chose the old lady just as she was needed. Would have been better of they had something say they needed a hacker for the next portion of the mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ShaneU wrote: »
    3 days after FF7? I'm no businessman but that seems like a bad idea

WAIT WHAT ABOUT FF7

How the hell I miss that. Will be staying up now for there conference

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Best part of ubi show was spotting Dee and Cricket from Always Sunny in the crowd. 2nd best part was Dee's husband Rob's new TV show.

I didn't see a giant bird in the crowd?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    All these subscription services are handy for getting new games for cheap.

If they work and have no interruption and that is a big if. At least ubi have decided to put all the streaming side risk on to Stadia so they do not lose face if it goes up in smoke

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s it? What a terrible fcuking show. No sign of the new AC at all, if it’s out late next year the least I’d expect is a teaser trailer.

No new AC every second year now. I enjoyed it some good games and the crowd was better no plants from the company or at least 1 or 2

lawlolawl wrote: »
    They just shouldn't have had E3 this year.

Leave it until next year when MS and Sony will be showing off their new machines and launch titles.

This has all been dire so far. Sony and Nintendo were right to just not bother.

Nintendo is tomorrow.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I didn't see a giant bird in the crowd?

482476.jpg

WD3 looks interesting but would be 100 times better if Bagley was voiced by Stephen Merchant.

Oh god yes or Stephen Fry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh god yes or Stephen Fry

Now this....ya see this, Ubisoft? This is the kind of DLC I would get behind; "The Stephens Voicepack"!

Also, seem to have taken a lot of inspiration from John Wick with the Watch Dogs 3 executions; has that same, quick immobilize and headshot look to it, no more flashy executions like WatchDogs/AssassinsCreed and such have had for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone staying up for SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone staying up for SE?

Nope and kinda funny games showcase is on before it

• Advertisement

Nope and kinda funny games showcase is on before it

Yeah, just finished with the AMD presentation, and will watch the KFG showcase for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No new AC every second year now. I enjoyed it some good games and the crowd was better no plants from the company or at least 1 or 2

Yeah every second year, so it should be a launch title for the new console generation late next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Damn AMD just blew up intel & nvidia. F

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Microsoft lost this E3 for one reason. Cancelling the original Xbox BC project before they ported Jet Set Radio Future.

I'm not over reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One of the E3 highlights every year is when someone is super nervous presenting their game. It's one of the few genuine moments among all the bullshít corporate speak. Have we had anyone like that this year? I still remember the Unravel guy a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Damn AMD just blew up intel & nvidia. F

Not having to change socket is a big deal.

I'll probably stay Intel for the foreseeable future, but AMD have my attention now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

J. Marston wrote: »
    One of the E3 highlights every year is when someone is super nervous presenting their game. It's one of the few genuine moments among all the bullshít corporate speak. Have we had anyone like that this year? I still remember the Unravel guy a few years ago.

Ikumi Nakamura probably falls into that category last night during Ghostwire Tokyo. She was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

An assassin's creed every 2 years has saved the series for me. Otherwise I'd never keep up and I'd give up trying to. This year I hope to play Origins. Just waiting for the Syndicate dlc to go on sale. Its been a year since it did in the EU.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    An assassin's creed every 2 years has saved the series for me. Otherwise I'd never keep up and I'd give up trying to. This year I hope to play Origins. Just waiting for the Syndicate dlc to go on sale. Its been a year since it did in the EU.

I agree 100%

• Advertisement

Hmmm, don't know what to make of Avengers in terms of how it will be delivered. At first it sounded like it was going to be a games as a service title, but then they promised all future content (including an expanded roster of heroes and new areas) would be completely free. Also no loot boxes etc. No idea on gameplay, but teaming up with friends as the Avengers could be fun. Great voice cast too. Still a year away.

Advertisement