Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Nintendo is tomorrow.

It's only a pre-recorded Direct though. They do those all the time.

There's a rumour going around that Sony are going to drop their own Direct some time over the next couple of days as well.

• Hoping to see Luigis Mansion 3 at the direct

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Damn AMD just blew up intel & nvidia. F

What did they announce?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    An assassin's creed every 2 years has saved the series for me. Otherwise I'd never keep up and I'd give up trying to.

Absolutely. I was a huge fan of the AC games but the yearly releases just killed me. By the time it got to Unity and I was a few hours in, opened the map and saw the huge amount of icons on the map... I just couldn't do it again. I never finished Unity and just skipped Syndicate and Rogue altogether.

Changing enough of the formula with Origins and now switching to a two-year cycle has brought me back into the series. Odyssey was one of my favourite games last year and I'm excited about what they do with the next game, but this E3 would have been too early to show off anything about it. It's a series which is only going to evolve so much with a two-year cycle, so we don't need to hear about it too far in advance. Save it for the next E3, a few months before release and likely as a launch title for the next-gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Avengers CGI trailer looked quite dated to me.

Never played a single Final Fantasy game in my life but FF7 remake has me interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Having seen the Avengers game there I just know there is a catch somewhere in it that's going to be revealed, strange to.announce a game a year off that will be a live service game & be supported for years despite the new consoles likely coming out 6 months later.
    Crazy the amount of times they went back to Final Fantasy in the conference. VII, VIII (was unexpected considering they supposedly lost the source code), mobile game, XIV & Crystal Chronicles. 2 Saga remakes??, Last Remnant remaster. I was expecting a Chrono Trigger remake at one stage.
    Honestly not a lot that is wholly new, they spoke about Outsiders but honestly said f**k all about it.
    A bit like FF VII its the first part but it's on 2 discs so how much of the game is it??

I'm glad its only Nintendo left as I feel burnt watching these press conferences but I should be mad at myself expecting a tightly packed show with no mischievous executive I don't trust talking a lot but saying nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I said the Avengers will either really disappoint me or really excite me but I'm left completely meh. Don't know what to make of it at all and just gonna put it out of my head until the beta.

FF VII was ah-****ing-mazing and I'll be spinning up my original copy on the PS4 just to get back into the feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase (60 Indies showcased). Some really great games coming up.
    Watch the first minute or two for a good laugh. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase (60 Indies showcased). Some really great games coming up.
    Watch the first minute or two for a good laugh. :)

I skimmed through the video stopping on any that looked appealing to me. Some really interesting looking games there but One Night Stand and Police Stories are games I have to try.

Speaking of Indies, any sign of Stanley's Parable releasing on consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

Is there anything interested rumored to be coming out in the Nintendo Direct today?
    I saw something on Twitter that there was a cease and desist order made to a prominent leaker by Nintendo ahead of today at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rmulvany wrote: »
    Is there anything interested rumored to be coming out in the Nintendo Direct today?
    I saw something on Twitter that there was a cease and desist order made to a prominent leaker by Nintendo ahead of today at E3.

Not since Sabi got the letter, she had a great track record for E3 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

I wouldn't mind some details on these next generation of Switch (Switch Pro) that is supposed to be coming next year, I haven't bought one yet and I know that if I buy one soon they'll announce the next rev a month later

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have specifically said that there will be no hardware announcements at E3 (but it might be misdirection).
    They've had another Nintendo Direct presentation a few weeks after E3 for the last few years, so we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

You'd really miss Sony wouldn't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rob2D wrote: »

After last year's s**t show I'd say no. Whoever decided that moving to different rooms was a good idea needed their heads examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rob2D wrote: »

It's certainly looking like they got it right by taking this year off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rob2D wrote:

Honestly you can see everyone realises that the old E3 model is going. A few years ago big game sites would have constant live streams all day but there ain't much of that now.
    It's clearly an outdated concept & not worth the effort anymore. Most of the shows were filled with cutscene trailers & little actual information.
    I think Sony won't feel the need to ever come back & if Microsoft have a conference next year I'd be surprised.

I'd say both Sony and MS will there next year whipping out their mickeys consoles to see which one is bigger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Square enix are winning the conference for me so far anyway, disappointed with ms and bethesda's offerings.

Square enix are winning the conference for me so far anyway, disappointed with ms and bethesda's offerings.

MS have it for me solely on the Keanu bit, best part of E3 I've seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    MS have it for me solely on the Keanu bit, best part of E3 I've seen in years.

It doesnt really count as an xbox/ms reveal though as its a multiplatform game :pac:

And the rest of their show was meh

Square were top dogs this year tbh, some nice surprises..

I'm interested in nintendos but i dont think we will get much outside of showing alot of the new pokemon and some Luigi gameplay.. Which is fine..

EDIT: Oh and defo has to be a new Smash bros player reveal..

nix wrote: »
    It doesnt really count as an xbox/ms reveal though as its a multiplatform game :pac:

And the rest of their show was meh

Well, the big XBOX sign behind Mr. Reeves means they win by default, agreed, the rest was crap :)

The Ubi one was okay, nothing special, not a contender. Square did such a good job with FF VII presentation, they come a close second. Also, remastered FF VIII was a nice little surprise. The PC one was shyte and I have no interest in whatever Zelda/Mario game Nintendo is gonna announce.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No matter what will they show on E3, people will bitch.
    I watched MS one and I liked it. It showed some new games, confirmed new hardware, gave more details on whole cloud thing.
    Some tweet confirmed that next Xbox will be like an upgrade on current gen, so basically Xbox one 2x. Which is great in my opinion.
    Then ofc Keanu Reeves. He is just cool by default.
    I am working all these days so won't be able to watch any of the E3 from Monday and today.

I still like E3 even if I am 33 now. It's a gamers event and each year I look forward to it. Other 2 big players pulling out is sad thing. Always loved that war those 3 sides had. You can moan and bitch to no end about how crappy MS conference was, but at least they did it. I respect them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nintendo killed it to be honest..even before the new sequel to BOTW reveal..

• Jesus, Nintendo laying the Smackdown on Xbox

That direct was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

That Nintendo Direct was the best so far for me, slightly ahead of the PC show. Ubisoft the worst one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keep telling myself I'll get a Switch for BotW but I never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    It's certainly looking like they got it right by taking this year off.

I mean all they themselves had was the console (Same as Xbox really) and let the studios show there games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No matter what will they show on E3, people will bitch.
    I watched MS one and I liked it. It showed some new games, confirmed new hardware, gave more details on whole cloud thing.
    Some tweet confirmed that next Xbox will be like an upgrade on current gen, so basically Xbox one 2x. Which is great in my opinion.
    Then ofc Keanu Reeves. He is just cool by default.
    I am working all these days so won't be able to watch any of the E3 from Monday and today.

I still like E3 even if I am 33 now. It's a gamers event and each year I look forward to it. Other 2 big players pulling out is sad thing. Always loved that war those 3 sides had. You can moan and bitch to no end about how crappy MS conference was, but at least they did it. I respect them for that.

The problem is for XBOX are those who bought a Playstation 4 over the XBOX 1 how will they get them back Playstation have bigger exclusives and all the XBox exclusives are on PC also

Advertisement