Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

with sony gone what have we this e3? im trying to think is there anything worth tuning into, will microsoft go big with the new console or anything? EA can fcuk off with the mess they have made of bioware. The pc show.....although thats historically **** :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say Nintendo has the best. And there's far more variety in their games than Sony has been producing. The 3DS also had a good final few months.

Sony are only looking good in comparison to Microsoft being so bad. Then again with the market changing so much the PS4 was always going to be anemic for exclusives in comparison to what came before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »

Unless one is Saints Row V they can f**k off tbh, even then THQ haven't really made much to boast about as Darksiders 3 seemed to be a budget title with a full price

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

with sony gone what have we this e3? im trying to think is there anything worth tuning into, will microsoft go big with the new console or anything? EA can fcuk off with the mess they have made of bioware. The pc show.....although thats historically **** :D

I admit I almost always enjoy the Ubisoft show. Cringy 'Just Dance' and fake team-chat gameplay videos aside, Ubisoft make some damn good trailers for games (regardless of how downgraded or otherwise sh*tty the games end up being).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think Sony are having a drought as such. We still have The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and a few smaller titles coming in the next year. What Sony don't have to show this year is what's coming out beyond 2020 due to the PS5 coming out late 2020 (most likely). I do agree that there'll probably be fewer exclusives going forward regardless, and Sony probably won't return to E3, but in terms of a drought we're still getting the usual amount of PS4 exclusives we've been getting for years, especially with TLOU2 being one of the most anticipated titles for many years now.

It's a drought but it happens every platform every now and then.

Death stranding is out in November and the last of us 2 is delayed until February 2020 but should have been later this year. That leaves only Ghost of Tsushima for 2020 which means there will be quite a games gap.

They'll be back at E3 2020 with a few games to show and PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bloodlines 2 will be part of pc game show.

https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1136301656595980289?s=19

bloodlines 2 and a possible new xbox is exciting stuff i suppose, wish xbox would follow sonys lead on new exclusive sp games though, this gen has been a bit of a one sided story with sony vs microsoft imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks like MS may strike first, interesting... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Varik wrote: »
    Only game there with the unending development is cyberpunk which isn't an exclusive at all so no idea what you point is, kinda bemusing you're including Days gone or death Stranding also.

Days gone was only announced in 2016 apparent development start in 2015 so pretty normal development cycle. Death stranding a little later, Kojima only free mid 2015 and only started his new company and announced any Sony partner ship at the end of the year. Naughty dog only released Uncharted 4 in mid 2016, so would had have people shifting to Last of us as they freed up from that.

Cyberpunk was just an example of games taking entire gen's to see light, nothing exclusive about it.

The game started off as Silent Hills before the kojima / konami fiasco and still is taking years to come to fruition since kojima was on that since 2012.

Uncharted 3 was released 2011, uncharted 4 was 2016, a 5 year gap, half a decade later. And today naughty dawg said they're taking all ps3 multiplayer servers offline for Uncharted and the last of us.

days gone was started in 2015, not 2016 and delayed constantly till it's 2019 release..almost another half decade.

Last of us was released last gen in 2013 on PS3, and it's 2019 and still 6 years on we have not seen it's sequels release.
    Penn wrote: »
    Agreed. Even Spider-Man was released about 2 years after being announced, and Ghost of Tsushima was announced late 2017 and will be released early next year. In most cases, you're talking about games being released within about 3 years of being announced.

Announced and begun production are two different things and still means you have at best a single game release for that title in one gen cycle which is the point i was trying to make.

Ghost of Tsushima doesn't even have a release date, and spiderman was started in 2014, so 4 years was better than some development cycles of "exclusives" but not much better to barely fit in this gen.

• Advertisement

Looks like the rumours about new Borderlands 2 DLC could be true https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/5/18654630/borderlands-2-commander-lilith-free-dlc-borderlands-3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not really interested in Triple A games anymore so hoping for a few surprises this year and to hear from the smaller publishers. Also would like to know what 13 Sentinels is and when it's out. That game has been in development limbo for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Google's conference tomorrow. I don't see what they have not working like they say. They aren't some small time kickstarter company. They could release that at anytime with a small download.

There's a Google games conference? when's it on, tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There's a Google games conference? when's it on, tomorrow?

Today at 5pm

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Google's conference tomorrow. I don't see what they have not working like they say. They aren't some small time kickstarter company. They could release that at anytime with a small download.

They seem to have sparked up quite the partnership with Ubisoft, be interesting to see outcome.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    They seem to have sparked up quite the partnership with Ubisoft, be interesting to see outcome.

Ubisoft jump on every console at the start and support them. Always Ubisoft titles at launch for consoles. So them partnering with Google isn't too big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off prequel featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

gizmo wrote:
    THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

People really liked the first 2 Darksiders games but I feel like they don't have the money to make another like that. I feel this is why THQ Nordic hasn't made another Saints Row even though an actual fun, co-op GTA clone isn't exactly a bad idea right now.
    This Darksiders game sounds like such a bad idea to change the genre of a series just to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah for fecks sake! I adored the first 2 Darksiders, were exactly the kind of games I like and an interesting enough story. Darksiders 3 was meh, and I traded it in but hoped that I could pick up the 'complete' or 'GOTY' version with all the fixes, but now they go and announce that the 4th game in the series is a completely different game?! What a kick in the teeth for long time fans. I've no interest in the ARPG isometric view games. I'm actually really annoyed at this move. As said above, it bangs of a lack of money. Guess I'll never find out how it ends.

This is another one of those times that Boards needs a dislike button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ERG89 wrote: »
    People really liked the first 2 Darksiders games but I feel like they don't have the money to make another like that. I feel this is why THQ Nordic hasn't made another Saints Row even though an actual fun, co-op GTA clone isn't exactly a bad idea right now.
    This Darksiders game sounds like such a bad idea to change the genre of a series just to keep it going.
    This seems like it's just an exercise in generating more revenue from a known-IP. The studio they've tapped for it, Airship Syndicate, was formed by former Vigil Games staff with the intent of making Joe Madureira's Battle Chasers game. From THQ's perspective, they're a known quantity making another entry in a relatively popular series with a design that allows them to keep the development budget down - it makes complete sense in that respect.

What's important to note here is that it's not Darksiders 4, it's a spin-off prequel. Given the fact that Darksiders 3 at least made it's money back, I'd hope they continue with the mainline series even if they need to scale back some of the open world elements in order to reign in the budget a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it is a lack of money, should it not be applauded that they are trying to finish the 4 horseman story by doing something different instead of just abandoning it?

I loved the first game. Hated the second, the loot ruined it and I didn't finish it. I'm gonna pick up the third when it's on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

J. Marston wrote: »
    If it is a lack of money, should it not be applauded that they are trying to finish the 4 horseman story by doing something different instead of just abandoning it?

I loved the first game. Hated the second, the loot ruined it and I didn't finish it. I'm gonna pick up the third when it's on sale.

Got the third in argos the other day for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That looks more like a twin stick shooter than an ARPG to me,which would mean ive no interest.

looks like tomb raider: guardian of the light, which i enjoyed playing co-op with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I have only completed the third Darksiders game but really enjoyed it despite some technical issues with it. I started the first one after 3 but got stuck very early (some platform with waves of enemies, the last two of which always destroyed me) and dropped it. Keep meaning to go back to it. I have the second but not played it yet. I'm not a fan of isometric view games so will probably pass on the new one.

Stadia stream seems ok. They confirmed the poorly kept secret that Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian is real with a trailer, albeit they showed zero gameplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mindflayers? Ah **** no :/

FIFA 20 confirmed to no one's surprise. Also, hate the whole 'click like if you agree with my very generic and Popular opinion'. Am I right guys? Hit the thank button if you agree with me!

https://twitter.com/Nick28T/status/1136649365584433154?s=19

• Advertisement

..for those that missed it.

Advertisement