Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 - 2019 - 9th to 11th June

Options

Comments

Oh looks to be Jon Bernthal in the Ghost Recon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Oh looks to be Jon Bernthal in the Ghost Recon game.

Yeah he was introduced in the latest dlc for Wildlands

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ooh just heard on Splitscreen that Clint Hocking is involved in Watch Dogs 3. Think that’s his first game since Far Cry 2? If it displays that same sense of ‘let’s just ****ing go for it’, it’d be the first open world Ubisoft game I’d be interested in for a good few years now (Beyond Good And Evil aside, although still have no idea what the hell that will turn out like).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ooh just heard on Splitscreen that Clint Hocking is involved in Watch Dogs 3. Think that’s his first game since Far Cry 2? If it displays that same sense of ‘let’s just ****ing go for it’, it’d be the first open world Ubisoft game I’d be interested in for a good few years now (Beyond Good And Evil aside, although still have no idea what the hell that will turn out like).
    It is indeed, saw someone on my Twitter feed mention it yesterday and it reminded me how much of a ****ty time the dude has had jumping between companies and projects that didn't go anywhere.

With Starlink out just last year and the rest of the projects in Toronto being support for the Montreal studio, there's a strong indication he's had his own full sized team on the go since rejoining Ubisoft. Could definitely end up being something cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

gizmo wrote: »
    THQ Nordic getting out ahead of the pack with a trailer for the next Darksiders game, a Diablo style ARPG spin-off prequel featuring the fourth Horseman, Strife.

Darksiders official Twitter later confirmed this is NOT Darksiders 4. That by all accounts thats still being worked on. So that's good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

THQ Nordic 3rd game is another remake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair revealed;

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn I was so excited. And then seen it was not a full on 3d platformer. I'll still pick it up but I'd prefer if it was like the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1137008560553021440

A flaky quality trailer is in that link;

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1137008560553021440

A flaky quality trailer is in that link;

Apparently, if someone had access to that video, then they had access to all of Microsofts videos for the show. Massive spoilers are probably coming if so.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I wondered if it was going to be a new world entirely when the rumours began swirling, didn’t expect to be right though.

Very much looking forward to seeing how that pans out, could be something special.

Rumours saying it (Elden Ring) will be officially unveiled during the MS press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The game we all thought was Skate 4 but turned out to be Session will not be at E3 this year as confirmed by creator. He said they aren't ready and working hard to resist on Xbox early access.

I thought it was exclusive but turns out to be 3 month exclusive and then free to go to other consoles.

If Skate 4 is announced by EA, will be an awful blow to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

5.30pm (9.30am PST): Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    6.00pm (10am PST): Apex Legends
    6.30pm (10.30am PST): Battlefield V
    7pm (11am PST): FIFA 20
    7.30pm (11.30am PST): Madden NFL 20
    8pm (12pm PST): The Sims 4

Oh christ, the cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

A few months from releases but the AI needs tweaking.....

talking about Jedi Fallen Order fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Star wars looks a bit boring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've got to admit, Star Wars looks.... slightly disappointing. I'm trying to remember my reaction to the Titanfall 2 trailers, because I think I dismissed that too, and that turned out awesome. I'll give Respawn the benefit of the doubt until the reviews start coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks incredibly generic. Unimaginative level design.

Takes place between episodes 3 and 4 yet seems to take most of it's inspiration from the latest movies.

Kylo Ren freeze time and the droid design from rogue 1.

And the obligatory wiffle bat lightsaber that clips through everything like plants without damaging them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It looks like the Force Awakens. Nothing in that demo wasn't done in TFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Gameplay looked like it could be made to be good. However there's quickly depawning corpses, lack of visual feedback on hits (no dismemberment) and as BloodBath said there's clipping with no environmental damage. By the end of the fight it looked like nothing had even been there let alone a big fight.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Looks incredibly generic. Unimaginative level design.

Takes place between episodes 3 and 4 yet seems to take most of it's inspiration from the latest movies.

Kylo Ren freeze time and the droid design from rogue 1.

And the obligatory wiffle bat lightsaber that clips through everything like plants without damaging them.

Not to mention shoe-horning Forest Whitaker's character into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Looks more like the old Jedi knight games than force unleashed. Combat looks alright, you can't get an idea of it from one run

Fact Respawn is behind it means we'll get some great force assisted traversal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Even Respawn's Vince Zampella didnt seem very enthusiastic about the game.

This project seems more like an obligation rather than a passion project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You'd know Star Wars was a Stig Asmussen game anyway for sure. It's very God of War III in cinematography, which he was a director for in Santa Monica studios at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Even Respawn's Vince Zampella didnt seem very enthusiastic about the game.

This project seems more like an obligation rather than a passion project.
    He's the CEO of the company, put Stig Asmussen up there to show off the project he's been working on as Game Director for five years if you want to see some genuine passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Won't be able to watch this til later, any whiff of ea UFC 4 or skate 4? Or is it mostly space wars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Won't be able to watch this til later, any whiff of ea UFC 4 or skate 4? Or is it mostly space wars?

No sign, the stuff they're showing off is all already announced or out stuff.

Star wars, Apex, BF, Fifa, Madden, and sims.

Unless they ended it with something at 8pm that all they have for this showing at least.

Advertisement