Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help please. Changed EIR broadband password but now it won’t work

• 23-05-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Three weeks ago My sister & her husband changed their EIR efibre broadband password to something that’d be easier to remember but since doing that it hasn’t worked. She tried ringing EIR several times but can’t get through to them. She has also tried doing the EIR chat on her mobile a few times but they only get so far and then it stops working. They are going crazy with no broadband.

I know you can reset a router with a pin. I don’t know what kind of router they have or where the reset button is but what happens when you do that anyway? Will it work straight away (with original password back) or will they have to go into settings and put data in to make it work?

Besides trying to Change the password they have not changed any other settings since the day they got it in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

diaduit73 wrote: »

I know you can reset a router with a pin. I don’t know what kind of router they have or where the reset button is but what happens when you do that anyway? Will it work straight away (with original password back) or will they have to go into settings and put data in to make it work?

Besides trying to Change the password they have not changed any other settings since the day they got it in the house.
    Reset button will be on the back, all that will happen is the modem will reset to the original default settings, the modem will power down and then sync back up after a couple of minutes. The WiFi password will go back to what’s on the back of the modem

• Registered Users Posts: 32 diaduit73

Reset button will be on the back, all that will happen is the modem will reset to the original default settings, the modem will power down and then sync back up after a couple of minutes. The WiFi password will go back to what’s on the back of the modem

Thank you for that. I’ll get them to do that and hopefully it’ll work.

Advertisement