Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Killarney to Kenmare...

Options
  • 23-05-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

How much?

It would be tomorrow afternoon, from the train station. I know there is a bus but it means hanging around for an hour and I'm a bit pressed for time......!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

CiboC wrote: »
    How much?

It would be tomorrow afternoon, from the train station. I know there is a bus but it means hanging around for an hour and I'm a bit pressed for time......!

Yikes.

I wouldn't expect change out of a 50. In all likelihood its probably closer to 100. It's about 40km from the train station to Kenmare and would take about 45-50 minutes.

Taxi calculator has it coming it at €65-€80 and I'd say €80 isnt far away.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-fare-estimator/

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

Ouch!

It's not on a meter though is it? I would agree a fare with the driver in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

ring around the taxi companies and see how much book it in advance will be cheaper (I think!)

Ouch!

It's not on a meter though is it? I would agree a fare with the driver in advance?

Itll be metered. Unless you can agree a price with a driver outside the train station and theyd probably quote you on the higher side of a meter reading. I haven't met a taxi driver willing to agree a fare in a long time.

If you pre book a taxi, that incurs a €2 fee.

How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

dobman88 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

Rang in advance and booked one for a flat fee of 55 euro, so pleased with that!

Rang in advance and booked one for a flat fee of 55 euro, so pleased with that!

Fantastic, well done.

Advertisement