Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage costs and best value

Options
  • 23-05-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm currently posting all my products through An Post. Now, it is grand for most of my stuff as they come in under 500g, which costs €3.40 with An Post.
    I do have a number of products weighing between 0.5-2kg and these cost £9-10 with An Post.
    Had anyone suggestions on other delivery providers who offer better value for postage?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Comes down to volume and location. If you're in Dublin you tend to be able to get better rates. If volume is low you tend to get the best rates just using one of the courier comparison sites. If you're looking at ~100/month the you should be able to get better rates negotiating with a courier and if you're doing 200+/month then you can definitely get discounts contacting them and trying to set up an exclusive deal with them.

Advertisement