Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured at work

Options
  • 23-05-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Today my colleague pull my chair while I was sitting on it, he did it intentionally as he did other times as a joke, however this time I was sitting just on the ledge and while struggling to grab my desk to avoid the fall, I pulled a muscle in my back and my knee is sore. As you can imagine I didn't feel much as soon as it happened however tonight I am quite in pain: he was very apologetic and I don't want for him to get in trouble, however it's looking like tomorrow I won't be able to make it into work. I am not sure what should I do, I can mention this to my supervisor as I will have to phone him anyway tomorrow if I call in sick, however this issue with my back might last longer than extected: I work for a big corporate and they take these matters very seriously, should this be reported to HR or the H&S rep as an "accident"?
    Not really sure about the best course of action however at the same time I want to make them aware that I am off work because of what happened
    Thanks for any advise

Advertisement