Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mine arrived delivered from eglobal via skynet and their Irish agents Aerly Bird Transglobal based in the airport business park in santry. Was due last Friday but didn't arrive till Monday.

Finally got around to setting it up yesterday evening. Searched for updates straight away and I'm on MIUI 11 now.

Installed Poco launcher because I wanted the app drawer instead of everything on my home screen.

Very happy so far. Need to get used to the gestures still but that will become second nature eventually.

Only downside is the European power plug and flimsy adapter they provide, but I can fix that cheap enough. Any QuickCharge 3 compatible charger should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mine arrived delivered from eglobal via skynet and their Irish agents Aerly Bird Transglobal based in the airport business park in santry. Was due last Friday but didn't arrive till Monday.

Finally got around to setting it up yesterday evening. Searched for updates straight away and I'm on MIUI 11 now.

Installed Poco launcher because I wanted the app drawer instead of everything on my home screen.

Very happy so far. Need to get used to the gestures still but that will become second nature eventually.

Only downside is the European power plug and flimsy adapter they provide, but I can fix that cheap enough. Any QuickCharge 3 compatible charger should do the job.
    I got an Anker plug for herselfs Mi9 SE, does the job nicely.
    Did you go for the Pro after or the normal 9T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Mine is on the way so what's the deal with the plug? id rather have one on the way with the phone than wait until the phone arrives

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I got an Anker plug for herselfs Mi9 SE, does the job nicely.
    Did you go for the Pro after or the normal 9T?

Went normal. 260 on eglobal so I didn't see the value for the upgrade for the sake of 70+ euros. I won't be gaming etc so this should be perfect for me.

popsy09 wrote: »
    Mine is on the way so what's the deal with the plug? id rather have one on the way with the phone than wait until the phone arrives

Depends of where you buy it seems. Mine shipped with a European plug and a small cheap euro to UK adapter.
    Might be worth just picking up an 18w quick charge 3 compatible brick if you're fussy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Depends of where you buy it seems. Mine shipped with a European plug and a small cheap euro to UK adapter.
    Might be worth just picking up an 18w quick charge 3 compatible brick if you're fussy.

mine came with that too, will be picking up a better one at some point for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Went normal. 260 on eglobal so I didn't see the value for the upgrade for the sake of 70+ euros. I won't be gaming etc so this should be perfect for me.
    This is the one I got for her phone
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017VXARME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll probably be looking at the Pro around Christmas, so need to look for a 27w charger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Mine came today but not opening it until Xmas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

xtal191 wrote: »
    Are you both in Dublin?

Peoples Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

Any shop in Ireland out there selling the pro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This is the one I got for her phone
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017VXARME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll probably be looking at the Pro around Christmas, so need to look for a 27w charger

Does it really matter if you go fast charger plug instead of the standard plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Any shop in Ireland out there selling the pro?

Most of the Chinese phone shops have them and plenty on done deal and adverts.

Does it really matter if you go fast charger plug instead of the standard plug.

Makes a huge difference in charge times to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Makes a huge difference in charge times to be fair.

I wonder does fast charging shorten the overall lifespan of the battery, though?

Ben Done wrote: »
    I wonder does fast charging shorten the overall lifespan of the battery, though?

qualcom claim it doesnt.

I debloated mine using the ADB/Fastboot tool (here). It works the same as on Pocophone and doesn't require root or unlocked bootloader (just developer options turned on).

For some reason I cannot get this to work. The ADB/fastboot tool just crashes before the phone is detected with this version and with newer versions I get an instant fatal error message.
    Debugging turned on, java updated, followed all the steps. Cannot figure out what's going wrong.

For some reason I cannot get this to work. The ADB/fastboot tool just crashes before the phone is detected with this version and with newer versions I get an instant fatal error message.
    Debugging turned on, java updated, followed all the steps. Cannot figure out what's going wrong.

Aren't there additional drivers required to be installed?

Aren't there additional drivers required to be installed?

Installed the universal ADB drivers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Did you download the zip, and not the jar, from here?
    I have Java 8 update 231 (64 bit) as well, if that helps.
    I don't know what else could be wrong. Does the fatal error message have an error code?

Just noticed that the version I have installed is 6.7.4, maybe the new one is bugged?

Did you download the zip, and not the jar, from here?
    I have Java 8 update 231 (64 bit) as well, if that helps.
    I don't know what else could be wrong. Does the fatal error message have an error code?

Just noticed that the version I have installed is 6.7.4, maybe the new one is bugged?

I isntalled the JAR? should I try the zip?

Says "Error: Can't Find ADB/Fastboot".

Worked with the version in the zip!

Whoop.

• Advertisement

Any tips on which apps to avoid removing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Any one having an issue with apps loosing network connectivity after they're resumed from standby? Spotify works fine when launched but if I stop playing switch to another app and switch back it has "No Internet Connection" displayed at the bottom and only reconnects after being full closed and reopened, have a couple of other apps doing the same too.

They all have backgound data enabled and I've disabled Miui Optimizations in Developer mode but guessing I'm missing something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

tnegun wrote: »
    Any one having an issue with apps loosing network connectivity after they're resumed from standby? Spotify works fine when launched but if I stop playing switch to another app and switch back it has "No Internet Connection" displayed at the bottom and only reconnects after being full closed and reopened, have a couple of other apps doing the same too.

They all have backgound data enabled and I've disabled Miui Optimizations in Developer mode but guessing I'm missing something!

Does the same thing on my Redmi 7, but only with spotify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Just a caveat on where to purchase, in case warranty becomes an immediate issue..
    There seems to be a higher potential for problems wrt mobile network connectivity.
    Noticed mine was not connecting, and followed some settings solutions

https://c.mi.com/thread-2314305-1-0.html

I think for me it is resolved, but for some they have had to replace phone.
    Was not looking forward to a warranty issue with Eglobal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Just got a security update miui 10.3.3 on the 9T Pro, not Android 10 yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Had the issue twice that after charging the phone would drain the battery like crazy and only a reboot would resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

tedpan wrote: »
    Just got a security update miui 10.3.3 on the 9T Pro, not Android 10 yet...

Same here.

Also had a strange network connection issue this morning, it was showing as having 4G but no data was getting through. For some reason the fix was to change my Vodafone data profile to vodafone.live instead of my other one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

hots wrote: »
    Same here.

Also had a strange network connection issue this morning, it was showing as having 4G but no data was getting through. For some reason the fix was to change my Vodafone data profile to vodafone.live instead of my other one...
    This also happen to me on a Poco f1.be carefull if your plan charges you for hotspot as the update sets your APN to hotspot and will take all your credit.

Any tips on which apps to avoid removing?

I removed everything in the attached pic a few weeks ago and have had no problems since:
    495005.jpg

I left in the Package Installer, Xiaomi Sim Activate Service and Xiaomi Service Framework apps, as from googling around it seems like they might be necessary. You can probably remove all the google apps too (I only removed Chrome), but maybe google if the Google App itself, or any of the com.android apps, are necessary before you remove them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

tnegun wrote: »

Think I have this fixed Settings -> Wifi -> Additional Settings -> Traffic Mode -> Off seems to have done it or at least I haven't had the issue in the last 48hours since switching it off.

I removed everything in the attached pic a few weeks ago and have had no problems since:
    495005.jpg

I left in the Package Installer, Xiaomi Sim Activate Service and Xiaomi Service Framework apps, as from googling around it seems like they might be necessary. You can probably remove all the google apps too (I only removed Chrome), but maybe google if the Google App itself, or any of the com.android apps, are necessary before you remove them.

Hi.
    Is there any instructions how to carry out this? Completely clueless but fast learner.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is there much of difference with xiaomi mi 9 lite? It's a present for Google Facebook and taking photos is all its needed for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looking to get one of these as an Xmas present for herself and just wondering is eglobal still the best/cheapest place to get it from? I see it's currently €266 for the black 64/6 GB version, link below.

Any better deals out there that ship from Europe?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-carbon-black-1.html

b.gud wrote: »
    Looking to get one of these as an Xmas present for herself and just wondering is eglobal still the best/cheapest place to get it from? I see it's currently €266 for the black 64/6 GB version, link below.

Any better deals out there that ship from Europe?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-carbon-black-1.html

From web reviews seems to be a small chance of quality issues with the phone. It is a great price from Eglobal, but from reviews I read, forget about returns if there is a phone problem.
    I went Eglobal, seems to be lowest price and no problems.

Stg257 on amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Would this be an upgrade on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro or should I stick to what I have

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

smilerf wrote:
    Would this be an upgrade on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro or should I stick to what I have

The pro would be with the 855 processor, but to be honest the mate 10 pro is still a decent phone.

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi.
    Is there any instructions how to carry out this? Completely clueless but fast learner.
    Thanks

Sorry, never saw your post. If you still need instructions:
    On PC:
    1. Download the appropriate zip file from here. (if you are on windows, then the file that ends with "win.zip").
    2. Extract the zip.

On your phone:
    3. Activate developer options (open settings, open "about phone", press on "MIUI Version" multiple times until it says you are developer).
    4. Turn on Debugging mode in developer options (go back to settings, then got to "Aditional Settings" under SYSTEM & DEVICE, open developer options and then scroll down to usb debugging and turn on).
    (First half of this video will help, if you can't find step 3 and 4 settings).
    5. Plug your phone into your PC

On you PC.
    6. Open the extracted folder from earlier and run "XiaomiADBFastbootTools.jar".
    7. You will then see the window from my earlier pictures and can uninstall what you don't want in the uninstall tab (tick what you want rid of and click uninstall on the bottom).

Anyone running a custom rom on this yet?

Mine's ready to unlock, but haven't decided which rom to try - likely Pixel Experience..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Anyone running a custom rom on this yet?

Mine's ready to unlock, but haven't decided which rom to try - likely Pixel Experience..

Not yet, I'll start by removing the bloatware but I had lineage OS on my previous Mi 5 and that was fantastic. I'll give it a couple of months to allow the ROMs to become more stable. Would like to try Oxygen if that's stable by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I ordered the 128 gb version last night. Never used eglobal before so I'm hoping it goes well. It's some phone for the price. It's for my son. I have the mi a1 a good while now but the problem is it hasnt suffered any trouble really so far.... Can't justify upgrading my phone until it warrants it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I ordered the 128 gb version last night. Never used eglobal before so I'm hoping it goes well. It's some phone for the price. It's for my son. I have the mi a1 a good while now but the problem is it hasnt suffered any trouble really so far.... Can't justify upgrading my phone until it warrants it.

Give yourself a good three weeks to receive to from eglobal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ordered the 128GB from HonorBuy on Thursday afternoon and it arrived this morning, great service.

Just playing around with it now to set it up how I like and learn the UI differences. Will be having a good read of this thread!

Sparko wrote: »
    Ordered the 128GB from HonorBuy on Thursday afternoon and it arrived this morning, great service.

Just playing around with it now to set it up how I like and learn the UI differences. Will be having a good read of this thread!

Have mine a few weeks now. Well happy. Great battery life also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Got an 8/256 recently from EGlobal in 8 days from order. Hating not being rooted, another few days left to unlock. Nice enough phone but finding it a bit too small for me and battery life isn't great but that's coming from the Mi Max 2/3.

Tbh can barely notice any difference in speed but I don't game. Also amoled isn't the big improvement I'd been hoping for (prior to the Max's I'd used the Samsung Note series from 1 up). I'll see how I like it once I can root and fully move over but right now the little screen is making me think I'll be moving it on and sticking with my Max 3 for the forseeable future.

Well you see a lot of Asian lads with big phones and they have small...

glasso wrote: »
    Well you see a lot of Asian lads with big phones and they have small...

expectations of random weirdos on the internet commenting on thier phone choice?

Imagine having such a small cock stuff like that matters to you?

Get over it, tiny Tim.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭sibersha

Are people still waiting on the miui 11 update?

No sign of mine on 9T pro 128 gb version..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

sibersha wrote:
    Are people still waiting on the miui 11 update?

I've a Redmi Note 4 and got the Miui 11 update during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

I got the update 3 days ago.

I could have sworn the update notification popped up a day or two ago on my phone (Mi 9t Pro), but I was busy and ignored it at the time. I forgot about it (and the notification is gone), but this thread reminded me and now it says I'm already on latest firmware (10.3.3).

• Advertisement
Advertisement