Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

One bug I have is when you take a rake of photos on continuous photo burst they show in gallery as individual photos and not grouped as I had on oneplus previous.

Portrait mode seems a small bit grainy on head mode but better bokah control. Nightmode on gcam is quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭traco

Set it up last night - what a pain setting up a new phone is!! To be fair I backed everything up to google and all that cam back in along with apps etc. Relatively straightforward.

But setting up multiple mail accounts, outlook, all the other apps logins and verification is a complete pain. I'd say I spent 5 hours at it. Not the phones faulty just shows how much info is on these things and how dependent people are on them.

Enough of the mini rant - phone is really nice, has a good quality feel to it. Software is snappy and the pop up selfie camera is cool when it slides up glowing red. Battery seems great as it was doing a lot last night and consumption was low given all that was going on. The case that comes with it will do short term but needs a better one long term.

I guess we will find out how it performs over the next few days when Mrs Traco has been using it and manages to create all sort of problems.

Only two things I noted was that it wouldn't add a contact to the home screen so need a speed dialer app or another workaround. It also seems to asks each time to open an app for the first time to allow access to NFC. Any suggestions for sorting speed dial welcome. Will update again in a few days or next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just trivial things,but you can change the colour and sound the pop up camera makes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Just trivial things,but you can change the colour and sound the pop up camera makes

Yes. I watched a youtuber demoing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you change the colour of the selfie led without root?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Can you change the colour of the selfie led without root?

Yes,and the sound it makes while popping up

https://www.guidingtech.com/best-xiaomi-mi-9t-redmi-k20-tips-tricks/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Will be ordering this in blue soon from Honorbuy. Any recommendations for cases or screen protectors for it? I note the only screen protector on the site has terrible reviews and I'm reading about some interfering with the thumbprint scanner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you install the pixel experience do the likes of Google pay still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

JohnK wrote: »
    If you install the pixel experience do the likes of Google pay still work?

Haven't tried pixel exp, i use lawnchair great Android vibe to it and everything still works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Anyone got the latest price for the 9 and where to buy. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Blade wrote: »
    Will be ordering this in blue soon from Honorbuy. Any recommendations for cases or screen protectors for it? I note the only screen protector on the site has terrible reviews and I'm reading about some interfering with the thumbprint scanner?

All protectors will affect the scanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

What do I need to do on WhatsApp to see if a message has been delivered/red? I'm sure its something super obvious but I can't seem to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

What's the warranty situation with this phone? Is there a 2 year warranty a la Samsung? If you buy from HonorBuy do you have to return to them in the event of an issue?

1 year warranty from the selling company.

they are not going to be as good as amazon but very low chance of something being wrong with modern QC and manufacturing tbh.

Anyone got the latest price for the 9 and where to buy. Thanks.

eglobal

honorbuy

as per usual

<300 for 64gb verison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

glasso wrote: »
    eglobal

honorbuy

as per usual

<300 for 64gb verison

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, I have only just bought this phone and just setting it up, I can't download the racing post app though, can anyone please help with how to do? I have installed apps from unknown sources but can't get the racing post app to install, I deleted it on my old phone to see if it was a problem with the racing post app but it installed no problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

has anyone bought this phone on banggood,and if so how long for delivery and also any customs charge ?,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, my phone doesn't make any sound for notifications? Only I see them on the top of the screen I don't know I have any 😭 can someone please help me with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

bassy wrote:
    has anyone bought this phone on banggood,and if so how long for delivery and also any customs charge ?,cheers.

Get it on eglobal, customs are included. One of the girls got one at work. Took 5 days for delivery.

tedpan wrote: »
    Get it on eglobal, customs are included. One of the girls got one at work. Took 5 days for delivery.

thanks tedpan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

tedpan wrote:

Except you have no warranty whatsoever with Eglobal.

gman2k wrote:
    Except you have no warranty whatsoever with Eglobal.

The same as anywhere in Asia, the warranty is with the manufacturer.

Honorbuy eglibol there is supposed to be over year seller warranty but they can be tricky about it.

But with modern phone QC standards and manufacturing unlikely to have an issue (low risk)

glasso wrote:
    But with modern phone QC standards and manufacturing unlikely to have an issue (low risk)

Exactly this.

Anyone else find the portrait mode on the stock camera a bit grainy?
    So take the photo, then you can manually change the aperture to say 1.8 but then the subject looks grainy and not just at zoom in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Bought one from Eglobal , disappeared when it got to Athlone on Thursday ,thx DPD .

rebeve wrote:
    Bought one from Eglobal , disappeared when it got to Athlone on Thursday ,thx DPD .

Ah god, How does that work, do DPD compensate eglobal and then they send a replacement?

• Advertisement

Ah god, How does that work, do DPD compensate eglobal and then they send a replacement?

I have a feeling it won't be easy , I have bought a good few phones from them before and no bother until now.
    Funny thing ,it was the first time the tracking went straight to the DPD system.I get the impression DPD couldn't care less .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

rebeve wrote: »
    I have a feeling it won't be easy , I have bought a good few phones from them before and no bother until now.
    Funny thing ,it was the first time the tracking went straight to the DPD system.I get the impression DPD couldn't care less .
    The very same thing happened to my friend and he got onto PayPal and they refunded him with in 24 hours.then 4 days after PayPal refund he arrived home to find a DPD parcel at is front door step unsigned for so free phone.that was about 8 weeks ago

massy086 wrote: »
    The very same thing happened to my friend and he got onto PayPal and they refunded him with in 24 hours.then 4 days after PayPal refund he arrived home to find a DPD parcel at is front door step unsigned for so free phone.that was about 8 weeks ago

I live in hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I live in hope .

How long from ordering from eglob did it ship and then arrive to DPD do you mind me asking?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

fugee wrote: »
    How long from ordering from eglob did it ship and then arrive to DPD do you mind me asking?
    Thanks

My friend,s took 3 weeks to arrive at DPD Athlone eglobal were terrible and that's why when DPD lost the package I think PayPal said enough is enough and refunded him within 24hours

fugee wrote: »
    Thanks
    I had a DPD tracking number within 2 days .

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote:
    I had a DPD tracking number within 2 days .

What does the tracking history say on DPDs site?

What does the tracking history say on DPDs site?

Arrived at Manchester
    Arrived at Birmingham
    Arrived at Birmingham 2nd hub
    Arrived At Athlone
    Sorted at Athlone for distribution

That was the end of the story , nothing since 12/09/2019 at 22:20

I will contact paypal on Monday .

The actual tracking information disappeared yesterday .

rebeve wrote:
    I will contact paypal on Monday .

rebeve wrote:
    The actual tracking information disappeared yesterday .

So weird.. definitely chase DPD tomorrow too, that's unacceptable.

Could not reccomend Honor Buy enough. Tracking number within a day of payment being processed and here the next day

So weird.. definitely chase DPD tomorrow too, that's unacceptable.

Just off the phone from DPD , they cant find it and contact the seller I was told .

Eglobal not answering my emails .

Next stop paypal .

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote:
    Just off the phone from DPD , they cant find it and contact the seller I was told .

So DPD lost it and now denying all responsibility. PayPal should sort you out anyway..

My recent experience with eglobal to share -

Bought the Mi 9T (blue) for €286 on Monday night. Delivered today (Friday) lunch time by DPD. 3 and a half days.

Ardent wrote:
    Bought the Mi 9T (blue) for €286 on Monday night. Delivered today (Friday) lunch time by DPD. 3 and a half days.

That's quick! Let us know how you get on with the phone!

That's quick! Let us know how you get on with the phone!

First impressions (coming from a pink-line-of-death Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) -

The phone is heavier than I thought it would be. But then it has a much larger screen and battery than my S7. Battery life is really good.

The AMOLED screen is fantastic - great colours and watching 18:9 movies is a treat.

It's REALLY snappy and responsive, even through it has the supposedly poorer 730 processor (compared to the 855 in the pro). Will be interesting to see how a custom ROM fares on this.

The camera is fine, but colours seem a little washed out in comparison to Samsung. Sound quality through built-in speakers is top notch.

Overall, the hardware is fantastic, amazing value for the money.

The Miui software takes some getting used to, e.g., it lacks an app screen/drawer. I was planning on rooting the device, but you first need to unlock the bootloader. After bouncing around a few confusing Chinese-language sites and reading a few horror stories on XDA I've decided not to risk it (for now).

So far, very happy with my purchase. Even if it only holds up for a year this feels like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yellowbear

Ardent wrote: »
    The Miui software takes some getting used to, e.g., it lacks an app screen/drawer. I was planning on rooting the device, but you first need to unlock the bootloader. After bouncing around a few confusing Chinese-language sites and reading a few horror stories on XDA I've decided not to risk it (for now).

You can install a different launcher like nova without root to get the app drawer back.
    Also if you enable developer options there is a toggle at the very bottom to turn off miui optimization. This removes some of the more annoying miui features.

Update on my eglobal troubles

They want to wait 6 weeks to declare it lost

Contacted PayPal , they will refund me next Tuesday .

Then bought one from Honor buy this morning
    just got a shipment number and will have it on Wednesday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Update on my eglobal troubles

They want to wait 6 weeks to declare it lost

Contacted PayPal , they will refund me next Tuesday .

Then bought one from Honor buy this morning
    just got a shipment number and will have it on Wednesday .

Just read your issues with eglobal. I had the exact same. Arrived in DPD in Atlone and then lost. Had to do a chargeback on my Visa card. Took about 4 weeks to get my money back. Won't use eglobal again. Phone was an Xiaomi 9 SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Ordered one of these on Sunday and arrived before lunch today from Honorbuy, very efficient service.

Have people used them unplugged and let the battery run to 0 on first use? Something I'm always paranoid about but I'm not sure if it makes a difference these days..

Ordered one of these on Sunday and arrived before lunch today from Honorbuy, very efficient service.

Have people used them unplugged and let the battery run to 0 on first use? Something I'm always paranoid about but I'm not sure if it makes a difference these days..

doesn't make any difference

if you do want to prolong battery life / capacity the ideal is the only charge the battery to about 85% and discharge not below 15%

the last 10% to 15% of the charging cycle places a lot of wear on the battery

you can use free accubattery app to set a charge level alarm.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Just read your issues with eglobal. I had the exact same. Arrived in DPD in Atlone and then lost. Had to do a chargeback on my Visa card. Took about 4 weeks to get my money back. Won't use eglobal again. Phone was an Xiaomi 9 SE.

sounds like DPD have a theft issue in the Athlone warehouse / sorting centre

• Advertisement
Advertisement