Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭psychozeb

brophy wrote: »
    That's not the correct hyper link this is it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111565843&postcount=362

Seems it took him 5 days to get his.

Unfortunately mine is showing 5 days and not moving
    25 Oct 19 15:31 London - UNITED Kingdom In Transit - Delayed Linehaul

same as mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

128GB 9T Pro - what is expected price on it from what others here are seeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

For anyone waiting on delivery, check your tracking as mine is in in the country since today, so should receive delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Going to buy one of these this week. €352 for the 128gb on eglobal or €392 on honorbuy. What would people recommend as I've never bought off either of these sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Marco85 wrote: »
    Going to buy one of these this week. €352 for the 128gb on eglobal or €392 on honorbuy. What would people recommend as I've never bought off either of these sites?

From reading the thread it seems if you want it quickly honoubuy, you could possibly wait 2-3 weeks off eglobal

I purchased a few days ago off eglobal it still says processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

128GB 9T Pro - what is expected price on it from what others here are seeing?

I ordered mine off GearBest a few weeks ago: it came quicker than expected, and without any extra (customs etc.) charges. I ended up paying about 405 euro.

A few days after I ordered it, a work colleague pointed me towards this site (look at the Deals column on the right) via which I could have got it for 330 from GearBest. I see it's now 321.

It's a great phone, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mine finally updated. In London Hub at 13.45 today so hopefully I get it in the next few days.
    Ordered a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi what's difference between one selling on amazon for 260- 330 gbp to one in China sites?

Xiaomi Mi 9T Dual SIM 128GB 6GB RAM Glacier Blue https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SQ2JZTF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xTaUDbW3PYPAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

From my reading of threads, a better chance of faulty-phone resolution with Amazon + a faster delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone having a problem with Spotify and Android auto? Just keeps saying it's not working right now...Google music works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem with Spotify and Android auto? Just keeps saying it's not working right now...Google music works fine

Spotify is working for me, however the home screen on spotify is just blank. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and still the same.

Just realised I've been slightly unkind to EGlobalCentral. I thought I ordered on the 21st. I did not.
    I ordered at 23:53 on the 22nd, which is basically the 23rd, and the order was dispatched on the 25th and arrived in the London hub at 13:50 on the 28th.

Hopefully it arrives before the weekend, in which case I'll be very happy with the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

A big problem I'm having with this phone is that apps seemingly can't overcome the lock screen. I use an alarm app called Sleep (As Android) and when the alarm comes on i have to manually unlock the screen to access the snooze/dismiss buttons. I've tried every conceivable app permission without success.

Anyone else facing similar and able to resolve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I placed my order with eglobal late on the 8th (so effectively the 9th Oct) and it arrived in the London Hub on the 18th, out for delivery in Ireland on the 22nd. 13 days overall is not so bad, considering the price.

I can also confirm that you get an unopened device, no dodgy firmware or anything like that. It's shipped from hong kong so you get that version which has the UK plug, no messing with travel chargers.

The phone itself is great, blazing fast and the screen looks great. The camera is decent enough but I suspect you need to know what you're doing with the settings to get the most out of it. The Miui OS is just about tolerable for now but does have a bit of bloatware that you can't uninstall. The constant battle between the miui native apps and google apps is a bit annoying, it's hard to know which is better to use sometimes. I'm going to try the Xiaomi EU rom and if that still annoys me I'll install Lineage or Oxygen.

Even though it recommends not to use fingerprint unlock with a screen protector I have both and they work fine (tip - put the screen protector on immediately as you remove the plastic covering that comes with the phone, avoids any dust getting in).

Overall I would highly recommend the phone and eglobal.

Forgot to mention: when I collected it from the skynet delivery place in Santry the girl working there wanted to know if it was a phone and where were they all coming from. She noticed a serious surge in the last few weeks. Must be a popular choice! I gave her the name of the website (eglobal) and as I left she went online to have a look for herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Ardent wrote: »
    A big problem I'm having with this phone is that apps seemingly can't overcome the lock screen. I use an alarm app called Sleep (As Android) and when the alarm comes on i have to manually unlock the screen to access the snooze/dismiss buttons. I've tried every conceivable app permission without success.

Anyone else facing similar and able to resolve?

Why not just use the clock app that comes with the phone for your alarm? You can snooze it with the volume button (dangerously convenient)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

biebiebie wrote:
    Edit 2 And more reports saying this will be the Pocophone F2.

biebiebie wrote:
    Edit 2 And more reports saying this will be the Pocophone F2.

Ardent wrote:

Unusual problem for a mi phone ,my last 2 including my current mi max 2 haven't ( had this problem, hopefully it's sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

rickyjb wrote: »
    Why not just use the clock app that comes with the phone for your alarm? You can snooze it with the volume button (dangerously convenient)

It's a paid-for app I've been using for years, and does sleep tracking among other things. Not just a simple alarm (magnificent options with that as well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Ardent wrote: »
    It's a paid-for app I've been using for years, and does sleep tracking among other things. Not just a simple alarm (magnificent options with that as well).

Did you go into settings...notifications.....lock screen notifications,then click on your sleep app and all the options are there to allow sound,notifications etc on the lock screen

Edit..when.you go into settings>>>notifications there are three screen-like icons on the top of the screen,click the first one (on the left)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

rickyjb wrote: »
    The Miui OS is just about tolerable for now but does have a bit of bloatware that you can't uninstall.

I debloated mine using the ADB/Fastboot tool (here). It works the same as on Pocophone and doesn't require root or unlocked bootloader (just developer options turned on).

• Advertisement

I think its a lot less than that on banggood including customs insurance via EU priority line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I think its a lot less than that on banggood including customs insurance via EU priority line.

Link? It's over 450e when I just checked(the prices above are for the 9T Pro, I paid 336e)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I debloated mine using the ADB/Fastboot tool (here). It works the same as on Pocophone and doesn't require root or unlocked bootloader (just developer options turned on).

I did this too and got rid of google music & movies too
    also installed Nova as launcher, makes it feel a lot more like stock android im used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

tedpan wrote: »
    Link? It's over 450e when I just checked(the prices above are for the 9T Pro, I paid 336e)

not banggood but gearbest selling thr 128gb pro for €335 with coupon GBM9TPRO4. Word of warning though re gearbest .... I ordered the non pro version of the 9t a few weeks ago and following a week was informed that it was out of stock. Took 2 weeks for refund to be processed. I then ordered from geekbuying and after a week was informed that it was out of stock - refund processed the following day.

Have since ordered from banggood and it was shipped the following day - €272 incl delivery

Mine is out for delivery today.

tedpan wrote: »

Sorry it was likely the 64GB I was looking at. See here

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-6gb-128gb

Does it take an sd card to give more space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got mine just over 3wks after ordering. Overall its not quite as good as my old mate20 pro, slightly more lag, camera slower etc, however for less than half the price I can absolutely live with that. I knew that it ships with a slightly slower fast charge block, however I thought I could just use my mate20 block which can support 27w, however turns out that this 27w is only at a higher voltage that the 9t doesn't support, so I was only getting 2amps at 5v using it. The 2pin block that is sent in the box comes with a terrible 3 pin adaptor, it charges at 3amps, anyone got a replacement 3 pin block that will charge the 9t at the full 27w yet, and from where?

Does it take an sd card to give more space?

Unfortunately no SD card slot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Does anyone else have terrible issues with the proximity sensor on the 9T?

When I am on calls my face launches apps, switches back and forth between speakerphone and Mike or worse still activates the camera and starts requesting video from the other side?

I also find sliders on videos (e.g. VLC and YouTube) to be totally unresponsive

And the keyboard is awful too, always undocking itself and always making poor spell check decisions for me

Anyone else HATE their 9T??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

geecee wrote: »
    Does anyone else have terrible issues with the proximity sensor on the 9T?

When I am on calls my face launches apps, switches back and forth between speakerphone and Mike or worse still activates the camera and starts requesting video from the other side?

I also find sliders on videos (e.g. VLC and YouTube) to be totally unresponsive

And the keyboard is awful too, always undocking itself and always making poor spell check decisions for me

Anyone else HATE their 9T??

I had the exact same proximity sensor issue with my last phone the xiaomi mi 1A but not with this

do you know you can install and use different keyboards ? or is it happening with them all? I like to use Googles own G-Board

Maybe though you should try & get a refund or exchange for a new model ??

Would shipping it to parcel motel save on the customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Thanks to the contributors of this thread for the great info.

Decided to order the 9T 128gb off amazon.es - Came to €317 delivered

Honorbuy are out of stock on the 128, and would have been dearer with postage anyway - prefer to have the Amazon backup in any case, as it's about the upper limit of what I'd pay for a phone.

Couldn't justify stretching to the 9T Pro - don't think I need the extra power (not a gamer).

Will update once I unlock the bootloader, root it, and install a custom rom (likely Pixel Experience, but would be grateful for any feedback from anyone running a custom rom).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I got the the 11 update early last week for my 9T , my 2nd 9T not seeing the update .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

Looking to buy the Mi9T Pro but have just one concern re notifications...

Notifications? Do they stay on the status bar until read? Are alerts highlighted over the app and do appear on lock screen.

I have the Pocophone but the whole notification issue is a little annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Notifications? Do they stay on the status bar until read? Are alerts highlighted over the app and do appear on lock screen.

I am very sure you can set this up in the settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

rebeve wrote: »
    I got the the 11 update early last week for my 9T , my 2nd 9T not seeing the update .

Bought two recently neither have got any update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

I had to turn this feature on on my 9 lite, but it seems they stay there until read now. and you have to set the battery saver for each app you want to no restrictions to allow all notifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I seem to have some sort of adware / malware. Are there any apps people recommend to clean that? Phone came from Amazon so may have visited a dodgy site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »
    Bought two recently neither have got any update

MIUI 11 update just arrived

NATLOR wrote:
    MIUI 11 update just arrived

No update on the pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Those who purchased from Eglobal, how long did it take?
    I know they take time, but some terrible web reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Andrea B. wrote: »

Bought my phone there back in july. ordered on tuesday, delivered 9 days later.
    Quite a few colleagues of me bought there before me and where happy enough as well.
    3 months after you buy, you get daily emails from them that are annoying and cant unscribe from but they stop after 2 weeks.
    So there are little annoyances but for the prices there, easy to live with.

That being said, after i received my phone i found out that amazon.de had the same phone for just a few €'s more. probably would have gone there if i had known before. Cant beat amazon CS if things go wrong

About 6 business days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Mine never came. Got "lost" in DPD in Athlone and eglobal refused to refund me / send another phone. Got my money back through Visa chargeback after 3 months. Would buy elsewhere, if possible. I didn't get insurance but based on how hard they are to contact wouldn't be sure if you'd get your money back through that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Mine never came. Got "lost" in DPD in Athlone and eglobal refused to refund me / send another phone. Got my money back through Visa chargeback after 3 months. Would buy elsewhere, if possible. I didn't get insurance but based on how hard they are to contact wouldn't be sure if you'd get your money back through that either.

#metoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I ordered on the 7th of October, got onto them on the 13th as it had gone out of stock and there was no updates. Got the dispatching soon email on the 15th, dispatched from Hong Kong on the 17th and was delivered on the 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

jonnybravo wrote: »
    rebeve wrote: »
    #metoo

Are you both in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying the 9T Pro from https://www.xiaomi.ie for €415.

Two questions I'd appreciate answers to before I go ahead and pull the trigger:-

1. Is https://www.xiaomi.ie a good site to buy from or should i but from eCentral / GeekBuyers or similar?

2. Does the 9T Pro actually have NFC which facilitates Google Pay?

Really appreciate your response so I can make an informed decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

54and56 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Two questions I'd appreciate answers to before I go ahead and pull the trigger:-

1. Is https://www.xiaomi.ie a good site to buy from or should i but from eCentral / GeekBuyers or similar?

My 9T (albeit not Pro) has NFC and I use Google Pay with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

54and56 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheaper from Honorbuy and ships from EU https://www.honorbuy.com/1729-xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-128gb-global-version-red.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Are you both in Dublin?

I am anyways

Advertisement