Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB power supply pole locations

• 24-05-2019 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Hoping for some clarity , our house which we bought over two years ago has the benefit of fantastic view of the Irish sea. One of the reasons we bought it. It would be rural outside a large town.

Came back from a few days away to some ESB poles positioned to the north east of our boundary in the field adjacent. They appear to be power supplies for a house that's being constructed for the last year which is other side of the road from us.

From what I can tell one of the poles is a suspension pole in that it carries double cables at distance . The only supply I can see our side of the road is off in a farmer's field about 250 meters from this suspension pole.

Problem is to get to it the lines would cut right through out view which presently is unobstructed.

I've no problems with the poles in their current location. But if cables are suspended to feed them then it's a drastic change in our views from our front windows.

Anything that can be done here ? Who would I contact the plans are not clear as to what they are doing exactly so im both stuck and surprised by this as I was away at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Are the poles on your property ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Are the poles on your property ?

The two that are placed are not. The one which I think could be supply is in a field to the rear also not my field

So no not on my property. These cables will cut right across my view of the coast then then would go across the road to the rear of this new property giving it unobstructed views.

Not much you can do about im afraid. The ESB engineering officer would have visited the site to agree the positioning of the poles with the landowner and customer whose house the poles will eventually supply. This was your chance to voice your concerns and in fairness your new neighbours should have consulted you. The problem you seem to have is the backbone line or supply line is on your side of the road and your neighbors new house is the opposite side of the road and unfortunately your house lines in between. The new line has to cross the road and it seem the best route determined was what the chose and stood the poles accordingly
    How many wires does the existing line have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Not much you can do about im afraid. The ESB engineering officer would have visited the site to agree the positioning of the poles with the landowner and customer whose house the poles will eventually supply. This was your chance to voice your concerns and in fairness your new neighbours should have consulted you. The problem you seem to have is the backbone line or supply line is on your side of the road and your neighbors new house is the opposite side of the road and unfortunately your house lines in between. The new line has to cross the road and it seem the best route determined was what the chose and stood the poles accordingly
    How many wires does the existing line have ?

Well here's the problem I have .

There's two other supplies they could have taken it from. One is on the new house side of the road but further down .

The other is to the rear side of mine which I would have no problems them routing

I would have preferred consultation. But wasnt given the opportunity , trying the be reasonable and compromise but this shouldn't involve me losing my visual amenity. It quite literally was the sole reason we bought the house and in concerned about value now if it's obstructed.

Not sure what steps to take now. The lines are not in place yet and it appears they'd need another poll to run the suspension line over. So I assume I can still discuss this with the ESB

listermint wrote: »

There's two other supplies they could have taken it from. One is on the new house side of the road but further down .

The other is to the rear side of mine which I would have no problems them routing

Its very possible that these two options where ruled out because they could be at capacity already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Tullogher

listermint wrote: »

I would have preferred consultation. But wasnt given the opportunity , trying the be reasonable and compromise but this shouldn't involve me losing my visual amenity. It quite literally was the sole reason we bought the house and in concerned about value now if it's obstructed.

Not sure what steps to take now. The lines are not in place yet and it appears they'd need another poll to run the suspension line over. So I assume I can still discuss this with the ESB

Call your local area office and see what they tell you. You will have to pay to get poles moved at a minimum if they even listen to you. Look up esb networks local area office.

Advertisement