Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarantor

• 24-05-2019 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can a carer be a guarentor for a credit union loan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Depends on the amount but in the large, the answer will be no unless they have substantial savings. I don't think the bank or credit union will recognise carers as income.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

Miike wrote: »
    Depends on the amount but in the large, the answer will be no unless they have substantial savings. I don't think the bank or credit union will recognise carers as income.

They don't have a credit union account they'd be liable to repay the loan

Mikey15106 wrote: »
    They don't have a credit union account they'd be liable to repay the loan

Yeah but I don't think a financial institution will recognise carers allowance as income for them to go guarantor for the loan. Unless they had significant savings which could be used to repay the loan in the even it was defaulted.

There are a number of factors due for consideration though including how much the loan is, the term of the loan and the capacity of the person drawing it down to repay it. Speak to the bank / credit union and they'll give you a straight yes or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

Miike wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think a financial institution will recognise carers allowance as income for them to go guarantor for the loan. Unless they had significant savings which could be used to repay the loan in the even it was defaulted.

There are a number of factors due for consideration though including how much the loan is, the term of the loan and the capacity of the person drawing it down to repay it. Speak to the bank / credit union and they'll give you a straight yes or no.

My loan.was approved is there a time scale to collect it I'm busy with work till Saturday and can only go then

Mikey15106 wrote: »
    My loan.was approved is there a time scale to collect it I'm busy with work till Saturday and can only go then

They'll keep it for as long as it takes, don't worry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement