Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Auld Town

Options
  • 24-05-2019 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Post pics here. Hopefully this thread can shed some light on our awful litter problems in this city.

D5 earlier this morning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Post pics here. Hopefully this thread can shed some light on our awful litter problems in this city.

D5 earlier this morning

Photo attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

No such thing as personal responsibility anymore, the left has managed to kill that off, lots of people thinking the government owes them a living and are responsible for all the countries problems.

Here's another to get the ball rolling. I call it Alfresco dining in Dublin 5.

And another for good measure. I call this a North Dublin Masterpieczza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Hal3000 wrote: »
    And another for good measure. I call this a North Dublin Masterpieczza.

Presume that is a DART station platform with a bin within 10 meters...

• Advertisement

Presume that is a DART station platform with a bin within 10 meters...

Yeah. Sad thing is we are getting used to this filth now. Dart line is disgusting, bottles all over the tracks, platforms and flower beds at stations. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

sitting at traffic lights yesterday at the junction of malahide road and clare hall waiting to turn and Im convinced the guy in the van in front chucked a wrapper out his window without a care in the world. Driving the same road thursday and at the petrol station beside tesco a scumbag with her fela and kid just throws some paper on the ground no shame or bother to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

We have a massive problem with litter in the city, it really is disgusting. People need to be hammered for it, it's the only way to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have noticed the huge increase of graffiti vandalising both public and private property.
    It's making the city look like an un-caredfor slum.
    And I don't want to hear any bo!!ocks about it being art or sh!te like that. Nobody gives them permission to scrawl their crap all over other people's property.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Yeah, young girl today just off Thomas St leaves a drink can on a window ledge & then just throws a food wrapper away, not a bother on her.

Not just the city though, was cycling to a friend outside rathcoole yesterday & was amazed at the amount of rubbish along what you would call a quiet country lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

One other thing I’d like to add not littering as such, but filthy stains on the footpaths especially in town.
    Last week I made a relatively short walk from the bottom of Grafton St to the Gresham on O’Connell St and the footpaths along the way are frankly disgusting, dried spill stains running every which way.
    Surely DCC should be doing a regularly street wash in high tourist season for such an important stretch of the city centre.

It’s so embarrassingly dirty I’d be ashamed to show a tourist around the city!
    I’ll try and take a few pics next week and post them here.

I work in Bluebell. The amount of dog dirt around the area is unbelievable. Absolutely disgusting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

North Inner City is appalling, especially on a bank holiday when the detritus of the weekend's ' activities ' are everywhere, with nobody cleaning until Tuesday.

Empty cans, empty bottles and fast food packaging. I think DCC do a good job of cleaning though....but what can you do when so many people don't care? You would need street cleaners on 24 hour standby.

Will take a few pics and post.

Advertisement