Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batwoman is WOKE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Apparently this social justice shite is more important than having a superhero series with some action. In the latest Supergirl series they changed Jimmy Olsen to a black man and had about four or five episodes where the plot was Supergirls sister coming out of the closet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Apparently this social justice shite is more important than having a superhero series with some action. In the latest Supergirl series they changed Jimmy Olsen to a black man and had about four or five episodes where the plot was Supergirls sister coming out of the closet.

I actually rather enjoy the Supergirl series, it's popcorn TV. Why does Jimmy's skin colour matter? One could easily argue that The Punisher series is "Woke" btw but filled with action and bloody violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nope, she's with Batman. This ones name is Kate, and I'd imagine it's based on 2006's Kate Kane, but that Kate is not related to Batman, she's just rich and inspired by him.

She's not originally related to him in the fact that he didn't train or recruit her, but they are related they're cousins.

That's the way it currently is in the comics and how it is in this as they've said so in her origional appearance in the arrow/flash/supergirl crossover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Looks like utter drivel.

Just look at the like/dislike ratio... wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Can't wait to see the trailer for Wonderman

Anything is possible in a world with male lollipopladies and female postmen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I want to see a woke remake of The Sopranos.

Tony Soprano struggles to balance the realites of running a multi racial mafia family, with the challenges of raising two adopted African children in a loving same sex partnership.

Badabing strip club replaced with drag club? Psychiatrist is a lesbian post op transexual woman that identifies as a man with 2 penises?

All his garbage collectors will still be men though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I want to see a woke remake of The Sopranos.

Tony Soprano struggles to balance the realites of running a multi racial mafia family, with the challenges of raising two adopted African children in a loving same sex partnership.

I would seriously pay to see that.
    Tony and Paulie as the parents lol only instead of Paulie threatening to smack them he threatens to whack them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

batgoat wrote: »
    I actually rather enjoy the Supergirl series, it's popcorn TV. Why does Jimmy's skin colour matter? One could easily argue that The Punisher series is "Woke" btw but filled with action and bloody violence.

Jimmy Olsen has been the same kind of character in every incarnation of Superman for the last 80 years. They changed him from a freckle faced 'nerd' to a tall, cool black man. Then they turned him into a superhero.

Sure why not just completely change every character. Maybe turn Superman into a transgender Muslim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

is there scissoring?

Bataranging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Can't wait to see the trailer for Wonderman

If there was a comic book character called wonderman maybe. But given batwoman has existed since 2006 well this batwoman. Have been previousand the CW can not use him due to movies been made Batwoman is the closest

I have decided I am going to run for leader and ban the word woke

MrFresh wrote: »
    What a ridiculous thing to get upset about.

Its 2 unrelated sentences in a trailer of different scenes. The same is happening with Terminator 6 I think. I rather wait and see a full episode/film before getting my knickers in a twist

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be a success.

Are they planning on making a Ghostbusters 2?

In fairness Gostbusters was a sh^t show from all sides. From people crapping on it before it was out (even if they turned out somewhat right) to everyone involved in the movie getting there knickers in a twist and doing very stupid interviews.

Batwoman isn't even out yet and given it is a TV program can be changed and improved on. Supergirl has done this after going too SWJ at 1 stage

Is she playing a lesbian batwoman?

Batwoman was alway gay. Kate Kane is the character Bruce Wayne cousin. You maybe think if batgirl Barbra Gordon

Batwoman was alway gay.

No she wasn't. Sure when Batwoman first appeared in DC comics it was as Batman's love interest.
    Unlike the Silver Age Kathy Kane, who was romantically attracted to Batman, the new version of Kane is a lesbian, as well as Bruce Wayne's maternal cousin. Her sexual orientation was announced at the same time the character was revealed in the spring of 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

No she wasn't. Sure when Batwoman first appeared in DC comics it was as Batman's love interest.
    Okay, so she's been gay for about nearly fifteen years. I'm not sure why anyone would be annoyed by it.

I'm not sure why anyone would think someone's annoyed by it.

Sorry you right in relation to the original batwoman which I forgot about.

I was only looking in the 1 from 2005 called Kate Kane which this show is based off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Zorya wrote: »

The thing is when when Christian Bale or Wesley snipes frown they look badass

Yer wan frowns she looks lik sulky Deborah (38, divorced, two kids) who wants to talk your manager. :D

• Advertisement

Sure why not just completely change every character. Maybe turn Superman into a transgender Muslim.

Even better, do a miniseries on the Koran and get the superhero Mohamed played by Julian Clarey.

Mental how people have no issue when white characters are given a different race but some have a ****fit and should whitewashing when it's the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Westley Hollow Formula

Bambi wrote: »
    The thing is when when Christian Bale or Wesley snipes frown they look badass

Yer wan frowns she looks lik sulky Deborah (38, divorced, two kids) who wants to talk your manager. :D
    Larson is an insufferable wagon, if she wanted to be so woke should she' have given the role of Mavel to a transgendered black lesbian

In fairness Gostbusters was a sh^t show from all sides. From people crapping on it before it was out (even if they turned out somewhat right) to everyone involved in the movie getting there knickers in a twist and doing very stupid interviews.

Batwoman isn't even out yet and given it is a TV program can be changed and improved on. Supergirl has done this after going too SWJ at 1 stage

2nd All girl ghostbusters isn't returning judging by the comments from Leslie Jones who played a poor stereotype in the 1st one

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/leslie-jones-slams-new-ghostbusters-film-like-something-trump-would-do-1177578

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Larson is an insufferable wagon, if she wanted to be so woke should she' have given the role of Mavel to a transgendered black lesbian

Carol Danvers isnt a transgender black lesbian

I love the triggered-ness things like this cause.

pjohnson wrote: »

soon she will with the outraged minority demanding it

soon she will with the outraged minority demanding it

No. Not outside of people heads anyway.

pjohnson wrote:

Jimmy Olsen isn't black.
    pjohnson wrote:

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't being triggered.
    That's what most (if not all) are doing. No "triggering". Just a case of "here we go again".

It does seem weird that you would enjoy people getting "triggered" over race and sexuality though. It is a little odd. Do you only love it when it happens to white straight people or do you love when you see people triggered when pointing out hypocrisy against minorities too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Why don’t they call it Batman’s Cousin instead of Batwoman?

Is it fair that she has misappropriated Batman’s persona? (And his suit)

Jimmy Olsen isn't black.

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't being triggered.
    That's what most (if not all) are doing. No "triggering". Just a case of "here we go again".

It does seem weird that you would enjoy people getting "triggered" over race and sexuality though. It is a little odd. Do you only love it when it happens to white straight people or do you love when you see people triggered when pointing out hypocrisy against minorities too?

Re. Jimmy Olsen I dont follow DC but if that is a thing DC does which is stupid.

But Danvers is Marvel character and Marvel don't do that despite lots of triggered tears. I just remember some sensitive lads screaming with rage about how Thor, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghost Rider were all "turned" into women/different race when that literally didnt happen in a single case but they saw a hashtag so blundered into the debate hilariously half-baked :pac: deciding Danvers should become a black lesbian transgender is gas due to it being complete paranoia.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote:
    Re. Jimmy Olsen I dont follow DC but if that is a thing DC does which is stupid.

Yeah, they did that alright. Silly.
    pjohnson wrote:
    But Danvers is Marvel character and Marvel don't do that despite lots of triggered tears. I just remember some sensitive lads screaming with rage about how Thor, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghost Rider were all "turned" into women/different race when that literally didnt happen in a single case but they saw a hashtag so blundered into the debate hilariously half-baked deciding Danvers should become a black lesbian transgender is gas.

No worries. Seems like i picked up the tone of your post wrong. Sorry about that.

Advertisement