Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband coverage in Swords/Malahide

• 25-05-2019 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I have been with EIR for 18 months and is the worst broadband ever had. Keeps on stopping, slow down, awful.
    Time to change for me, it looks like Virgin and Vodafone are the fastest out there, can anyone confirm they're fine with any of these please? Desperate to swap asap.
    Thanks in advance for feedbacks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ciccina wrote: »
    Hi all,
    it looks like Virgin and Vodafone are the fastest out there, can anyone confirm they're fine with any of these please? Desperate to swap asap.
    Thanks in advance for feedbacks

Virgin will be cable broadband, Vodafone will be phone line broadband (same as Eir/Sky).

Vodafone actually just use the Eir infrastructure to supply their broadband product, so if there are underlying issues with your phone line, or its connection to the network, stitching from Eir to Vodafone (or Sky) might not solve the problem.

Have you called Eir to get them out to check everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ciccina

Virgin will be cable broadband, Vodafone will be phone line broadband (same as Eir/Sky).

Vodafone actually just use the Eir infrastructure to supply their broadband product, so if there are underlying issues with your phone line, or its connection to the network, stitching from Eir to Vodafone (or Sky) might not solve the problem.

Have you called Eir to get them out to check everything?

Hi Andy,
    That was fast. Thanks for the heads up. I have called EIR several times and never an improvement, with them I feel like it's 1990 again if you know what I mean. And wife and I wfh sometimes too, can't afford poor connection. From what you said it's definitely Virgin for me then. I was with them in the UK and never could complain. Cheers mate ðŸ€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ciccina wrote: »
    From what you said it's definitely Virgin for me then. I was with them in the UK and never could complain. Cheers mate ðŸ€

I was with them (UPC) when living in Navan, and couldn't fault the cable broadband. Was getting about 100mbps of the advertised 'up to 240' so was happy enough.

Then moved to Rush and UPC didn't do cable there, so went with Vodafone on an initial speed of 2 mbps, then when fibre arrived soon after went up to 11mbps (throttled by Eir), so got the throttle removed and been at a steady 28-30mbps ever since. (myself & OH work from home, running 4 PC's, plus numerous iDevices/streaming and the 28mbps is fine for us).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭dam099

Parts of Swords have Siro FTTH so that might be an option too (seems to be only Sky and Vodafone retailing it in the area).

Advertisement