Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 13" laptop without breaking the budget

Options
  • 25-05-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Long story, short. I need a 13" for studies, something with I5 and min. 8gb ram. The machine will be used mostly for CCNA labs, VmWare and loads of chrome tabs.
    Now the problem is I can only find ones which brake the 1000€ mark. Is there anything worth looking at?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH I'd forget new, and get a used ThinkPad X1 Carbon or ThinkPad X250 - despite being used, I can near-guarantee they're better than most new machines in build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    TBH I'd forget new, and get a used ThinkPad X1 Carbon or ThinkPad X250 - despite being used, I can near-guarantee they're better than most new machines in build quality.

Thanks
    I never thought about that, only minor minus I see is that many of them are single channel but in that price point I cant complain. Thanks, ill take a look on the refurb ones.

Advertisement