Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League Final Totteham V Liverpool -Saturday 1st June - VM 1/BT Sport 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TheCitizen wrote: »
    No I disagree they didn’t. And they won’t be back either.

OK. We get it. You hate them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

pjohnson wrote: »
    ?

How in the jaysus did this match lead to winning the CL?

It was an indicator of Klopps method - the esprit de corps the willingness to work as one for the better of all regardless of the circumstances. It's all part of why Klopp is bloody brilliant as a man manager.

That you didn't understand tells us only that you support a different club side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

To be fair I remember a lot of people laughing at Klopp for making the team do that. It really set the tone though when it comes to his mentality. Don't take the fans for granted even in the smaller games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First time since 1977, when Pool beat Monchegladbach 3-1, that an English team won by two clear goals in normal time.

Mad stat when you think of the amount of winners from the country since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thanks for reminding me fella, I needed a bit of cheering up.

With Ole at the wheel you will be crying for the next few years so enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It was an indicator of Klopps method - the esprit de corps the willingness to work as one for the better of all regardless of the circumstances. It's all part of why Klopp is bloody brilliant as a man manager.

That you didn't understand tells us only that you support a different club side.

Righto. I'm still not sure the importance of the esprit de corps Ibe, Can, Balotelli and Skrtel provided tonight but ok then. Just a bizarre dated image to show so was confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Or perhaps without that mentality he might have managed to win the final game of the season a lot sooner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

With Ole at the wheel you will be crying for the next few years so enjoy.

Ah so its this time already. All is revealed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TheCitizen wrote: »
    No I disagree they didn’t. And they won’t be back either.

Look , the main thing is Milner finally got the big prize he had to leave city to get :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Six times, the Pool are European royalty. Absolutely magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Closer to home, this will have huge ramifications on the Liverpool/United fans cat fight on Boards. Being able to call yourselves the reigning European champions and de facto best team in Europe is a pretty big, albeit tedious, trump card. United fans will have their work cut out for them.

"Haven't won the league in 30 ye..."
    "BAM! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!"
    "97 points and still couldn't win the..."
    "WHACK! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!"
    "Always watching our thread, it's really sad actua..."
    "THWORK! CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!"

And there's nothing they can do about it, because it's true. And once that particular exchange has worn out it's welcome (that will be a long time, let's face it), we then have years of memes to deal with on how Alberto Moreno has more Champions League titles than De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford, JLingz etc. combined.

Fred will keep fighting the good fight in the Humour thread. That's his duty - he took the black, joined the Nights Watch, he'll forever be defending that wall. And it's the school holidays so he has a bit of time. But it will all be in vain really.

Liverpool are Champions of Europe. It's disgusting, but there's not a thing any of us can do about it.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Righto. I'm still not sure the importance of the esprit de corps Ibe, Can, Balotelli and Skrtel provided tonight but ok then. Just a bizarre dated image to show so was confused.

Because it was that game where Klopps view of the people who play the game was made explicit, of course at the time it caused amusement or head scratching but the moment contained an internal message we the outsiders came to understand later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Best English club in Europe easily now.

Man Utd delighted with the Europa in 2017. City would swap the league for one CL.

6 Times European Cup winners the biggest trophy in club football. GET IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

^^^^^^^^
    The only ones doing that are Man U fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Great experience for Caomhin Kelleher of Liverpool. Troy Parrot only 17 traveled with Tottenham hopefully he can get some first team experience next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Poch deserves some criticism.

Moura must be fuming he didn't start. Hatrick to get them there. Alli is not a big game player at all. Overated. Kane not fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Delighted for Liverpool but thought they were quite poor, in particular most of the second half. Felt bad for Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

MD1990 wrote: »

Man Utd delighted with the Europa in 2017. City would swap the league for one CL.

I am disappointed we didn't win the league, but fcuk me, I would take Champions of Europe over English premier division ANY DAY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How many where you alive for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Always so bitter the blues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Poch deserves some criticism.

Moura must be fuming he didn't start. Hatrick to get them there. Alli is not a big game player at all. Overated. Kane not fully fit.

Agree. And serious questions over bringing winks off when he was the standout midfielder on the pitch. Eriksen or Alli should have been hooked

I don't know why but it is a pet peeve of mine when fans of clubs celebrate trophies they literally have no memory of.

It's madness in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Feck off with fireworks lads. Ffs
    Dog next door won’t shut up barking. Irish people supporting English football. Give me a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Football is a funny and cruel old game

1991 - Marseille infinitely better than Red Star Belgrade. Lose on penalties.

1999 - Bayern Munich superior on the night. United's luck was in. Although United were the best team up to the final.

2005 - A.C. Milan produced a sublime first half... and then imploded to an inferior opposition.

2008 - John Terry had United at his mercy.

2012 - Chelsea emerge from their cocoon to shock Bayern

2014 and 2016 - Atletico have Real at their mercy and let them off the hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Dog next door won’t shut up barking. Irish people supporting English football. Give me a break.

Booooourns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

I don't know why but it is a pet peeve of mine when fans of clubs celebrate trophies they literally have no memory of.

It's madness in my head.

Why not celebrate the history of the club you support? Isn't a clubs history the main reason a lot of people (especially in this country) follow their teams?

220px-Ben_Johnson_of_Kentucky.jpg

Hey some of us remember Albert Stubbins like it was 1947

Why not celebrate the history of the club you support? Isn't a clubs history the main reason a lot of people (especially in this country) follow their teams?

Nope. I support my club because of my dad. The God damn fcker couldn't support s better team than Everton ? :pac:

Everton won the FA cup in 95. You think I celebrated that? I was 3. I count trophies I was alive to witness. I don't care about thing previously, personally.

Alive for two final wins and two losses, what's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

1999 - Bayern Munich superior on the night. United's luck was in. Although United were the best team up to the final.

2005 - A.C. Milan produced a sublime first half... and then imploded to an inferior opposition.

The only people I see saying stuff like this is mostly United fans. Could you sound more salty? Spurs weren't fantastic tonight either. That win wasn't some miscarriage of justice.

You seem to be trying to comfort yourselves by pushing this narrative that Liverpool were lucky to win.

• Advertisement

Manchester Red and Blue (aren't they all one now anyway?) will try to Trump this win out of existence.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

Liverpool were the better team in 2007 too and lost. Liverpool weren't a flowing tide if beauty tonight but Spurs had their first shot on target in the 75th minute or something like that with Alli's weak chip. They had no clear cut chance. Liverpool played the game they needed to in the stifling heat after the early goal, stifling the game too to great effect.

As Liverpool fans are so often reminded,t here are no trophies for 'should have'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Manchester Red and Blue (aren't they all one now anyway?) will try to Trump this win out of existence.

And they’ll fail. Bigly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sounds like you live in a war zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Nope. I support my club because of my dad. The God damn fcker couldn't support s better team than Everton ? :pac:

Everton won the FA cup in 95. You think I celebrated that? I was 3. I count trophies I was alive to witness. I don't care about thing previously, personally.

That's why I said most people, I understand people support teams for different reasons. But the majority support teams based on previous success. I support Middlesbrough FFS, I have nothing to hold on to bar a League cup win in 2004 (best day of my life btw) but when you have an attachment to a club, I think you look back on all they achieved before you were part of it all. IMO if you support a team you embrace the good and the bad, now and what came before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I really don't get the impression they would.

Alive for two final wins and two losses, what's your point?

My point being shouting for six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Trust Liverpool, finally win by any means necessary and now it’s fashionable to play fancy football and f*ck the result. They’ve no luck at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I am disappointed we didn't win the league, but fcuk me, I would take Champions of Europe over English premier division ANY DAY.

Liverpool aren’t even the champions of their own league never mind champions of Europe.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was alive for them all. Can I be happy we are now 6 (six) times champions of Europe?

• Advertisement

Shouting :D One sentence on a forum stating a fact isn't shouting to me but whatever floats your boat, have a good night, I'll celebrate Pool being champions of Europe again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Garzorico wrote: »
    Liverpool aren’t even the champions of their own league never mind champions of Europe.

Hahahahahaha. Who are champions of Europe then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Spurs fan here. Very average game. Penalty they are now given and refs have been consistent on it....Man city v spurs rose handball + man utd v PSG - I personally don't agree with it but that's how it's done now. Liverpool kept spurs at arms length and Allison made a couple of decent saves when needed.

My main take away is that was a missed opportunity for spurs due to the fact Liverpool were very average unlike they have been for the whole of the season.

5starpool wrote: »
    I was alive for them all. Can I be happy we are now 6 (six) times champions of Europe?

Shi!ttttttttt man. Fair play. I hate you :pac:

Enjoy it sir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

eigrod wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha. Who are champions of Europe then?

just because uefa call it the ‘champions’ league doesn’t make it so. Neither team have been champion of their own league in I think 50 and 30 years respectively. It’s a knock out cup competition. It’s a nice to have rather than a must have.

The premier league for me and I suspect all Liverpool fans every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Stop with this nonsense please.

Fair play sir, you're one of the better posters on here. Always willing to call out bullsh!t even when it doesn't involve your club. Makes me wish for better luck for Everton next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

just because uefa call it the ‘champions’ league doesn’t make it so. Neither team have been champion of their own league in I think 50 and 30 years respectively. It’s a knock out cup competition. It’s a nice to have rather than a must have.

It's what the teams in Europe subscribe to, you'll have to do some word magic to describe the winners of the champions league as anything but champions of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

5starpool wrote: »

Isn't it time you changed your username? :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That means so that Chelsea were never champions of europe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Firstly it was really nice to commemorate Reyes at the start. I know it seems like protocol and all that but its still really nice and makes you remember this is just a game.

Secondly Congrats to Spurs they done brilliantly and its awful to have done such a good run and to not win it. They were probably the better team in all but finishing tonight. Hopefully this isnt just a flash for them and they come back stronger for it.

And lastly this is F all about United City or anyone else. Liverpool are European Champions and deserve it from the season they have had. Top class side with a Manager and team profile all at the right age. For the first time in years we have a side with top class players, who dont look like they want to go somewhere else. I really believe we can push on now.

YNWA fellow reds

Advertisement